What do you want NOT to see in Kingdome Come: Deliverance?

You’d be amazed by how many times I sent e-mails to game companies to do exactly that, but most of the time they can’t accept it ^^

But seriously, it’s company ethics that I want to promote, and DRM and DLC’s aren’t exactly what you’d call a respectful customer service.

Dixie Toilets. Seriously, devs! Get your history research done!
:wink:

3 Likes

To be more serious, I don’t want to be able to run through bushes as if they weren’t there. Anyone wo tried to run away from enemies or get to a place in the forest knows that bushes are obstacles and it changes the game immensely, especially for hunters, if they are simple decoration.
I heard a hint, though, that this will be addressed.

But… the whole question is kind of the same as “what do you want to see”, as you can formulate a wish both ways ^^

1 Like

Yeah, tried that too few times :smiley: Most surprising for me was CDP with Witcher 2 - I decided to pay for it after playing for half a game, but I have no need for original discs, I just want to feel right. So I emailed about that, and they surprised the fuck out of me, by telling me that I can just buy Enhanced edition which is completely DRM free… Tell me about pleasant surprises :slight_smile: It was something completely unusual, and still is today.

And Witcher 3 DLCs… yeah I wont mind these, for few bucks more gameplay than most AAA titles combined.

2 Likes

Many people enjoy both of those things. You don’t like them, and that’s fine, so don’t use them. This is exactly like feminists getting triggered and needing safe spaces because they don’t like something. Toughen up, cup cake, and if you don’t like something, don’t use it.

I think that with DLCs it is bit complicated.

It depends on what kind of DLC it is.
You can have free DLCs, no one can have anything against free stuff.
You can have paid ones and those can make you really mad.
If the DLC enhances the game and makes it better then it is not fair to pay for it. Because you already paid for the game and now to play the same game but better one, you have to pay again.
But if the DLC creates additionaly content which is something completely diferent from the original game, then I think it can be alright to ask money for it. but it really depends on how much it costs then.

For example I did not really liked Skyrim, but I really loved the vampire DLC (cant remember the name), so in this case throwing a few bucks for it seems alright to me.

But anyway I dont expect KCD to have any DLCs

1 Like

The heck?!

Do I tell people “Some people enjoy multiplayer, so don’t say you don’t want it and deal with it you damn nazi/feminist/vegan/intolerant being!”

The thread is about what anyone doesn’t want in this game, and that’s what I don’t want.
Why am I bitten?

1 Like

It’s not quite the same thing. It would be more along the lines of if you don’t like multiplayer, you wouldn’t use it. Not using the multiplayer, or ignoring achievements, and not using DLC, would solve the problems of you not liking them. DRM on the other hand, I don’t think anyone likes.

No roaches. Thats all.

and soap and early forms of toothbrush and toothpaste did exist

multiplayer

women in battles (apart from the player) except in city/town/village defenses (if there arent enough men women might take up arms has happend although rarely)

over powered archery

too much religion (just me though)

under/overpowered weapons for balancing
ex a sword should be no lighter than an axe or a mace designed for battle but it should be longer
sword cuts should do NOTHING to plate armor but axes (even tool axes, actually especially tool axes since theyre heavier) and maces should do better against plate but still not a lot
battlefield weapons should ALWAYS be better than sidearms/civilian weapons
ex a sword shouldnt be able to fight off a spear easily

picking up armor and putting it on as if it was made for you- plate armor was custom made so it wasnt cumbersome and gave more protection

beating 3 or morepeople alone

I might have heard somewhere that you need to adjust it at a forge first - how lucky you are a blacksmith :wink:

ha yeah i keep forgetting that
maybe something like getting a debuff (lol didnt have a better word) before adjusting it

I diagree with f: As in real life, you dont learn by going to your skills panel and wasting points; you learn by practicing and sometimes you have to rerererererepeat a task to learn it.

I wont like to not see ( :smirk: , I would like to see) kids.

I would love to see metal circled shields and other ahistorical features out of the game.
An other example is the axe hanging head down on the belt, and so forth.

This game has a lot of historicity and is trying to catch history lovers. An effort should be done about that.

I would hate to see people with modern belief.

When an execution is going on I would not want to see people showing pity and go weak at the knee or fainting I would rather see everyone cheering and shouting and having fun in general (not the relatives of course…). I don’t want to see 10 year old children happily playing and running around. They should be working the fields as the family needs all the help to keep themselves alive. I would not want to see anyone going “Gross” when entering a public latrine, those were perfectly normal at the time. They sat by each other chatting and sh*t. Nobody should (in game) feel weird about sitting on the bridge side to poop into the river.

So you know what I mean: medieval thinking differs a lot from modern thinking which I don’t want to see.

1 Like

Mainly I wouldn’t like there to be much hand-holding. I like the system in Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines where there are no quest markers so you have to fully explore and pay attention to the game world. I even would go as far as removing journal entries and making the player write down relevant information themselves, but I’m guessing that’s a bit much :stuck_out_tongue:

journal entries and quest markers are present in our game, but believe me when I say that the game is still not easy and neither it hold your hand.

Someone tweet this to Kotaku, there are people of color in KCD after all. :slight_smile: Mr. Vavra finally caved in to the social justice! Quoted to say: “We now proudly have 47 genders to choose from at the start of the game”…

https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/uploads/default/original/3X/b/a/badb484ae68ed934df942d66edeea905861b156c.jpg

Just kidding please don’t ever do that in this game Warhorse. :slight_smile:

3 Likes