//FIXED with latest patch 1.07// 1.4.3 Grass textures/ density has been downgraded. PS4 & Pro

This is incredible WH, after weeks of waiting for a patch that has not fixed my broken game I found that you visually downgraded it. This is totally unacceptable and I would like to receive some kind of official explanation about this downgrade.

Here is the proof:
-Unpatched version VS latest patch-

Unpatched:

Latest patch:

Unpatched:

Latest patch:

Unpatched:

Latest patch:

And more N64 textures:

Please WH, before I ask for a refund, explain if it is a bug or is it intentional.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Thats right- we all want gigher framerate (apparently).

I run an ultra plus capable rig.
Draw distances (detailed) have been culled a bit and other lil things to improve performance for all the people saying ‘all other games run on ultra detail settings and give 60 fps etc.’ (Obviously 2018 KCD ultra isnt the same as less demanding games ultra of yesteryear - thats always been a ‘thing’.)
Needless to say ‘squeaky wheel gets the oil’ i didnt complain about visual optimisatuon done toeards speedier framerate.

Well done with photo presentation.
Some of the shits just look like shadows went from high to medium (medium doesnt render grass shadows the same).

Other stuff sometimes just requires plating in the zone for a while (say an hour of walking around), updates the games bavkend with the new details and LOD meshes.

Have noticed this with two KCD updates.

Play for awhile, and perhaps appreciate any fps improvements (average/low fps increases)

You probably are on the vanilla PS4.
Can’t see that much difference, resolution looks a bit lower. It’s not that bad, and if this improved the overall quality then I think it’s a smart move to do.

1 Like

Grass textures are a game-breaker?
O
K

4 Likes

Grass texture? To me, it still looks like grass on my vanilla PS4. Haven’t noticed a qualitative difference and don’t have time for quantitative analysis. I wouldn’t be surprised if something did change.

Overall and so far, fine with update minus a couple exceptions:

• Close up layered clothing reconciliation rendering appears worse. It happens sometimes but it resolves
  • Racing Rattay pop-in test failed; upper bridge didn’t render before horse on top of it

Absent some glaring problem I’m holding off making detailed graphics assessments until after WH starts to optimize (1.5)

1 Like

That’s right this was a bug squish patch.
Next one is due to be the first (significant) optimisation patch.

Sometimes counting the framerate gets in the way of gaming.
For some gamers (like me) counting the frames per second is a mini game unto itself.

KCD - i turned the framerate counter off a patch or so ago… got in the way of just relaxing in an alt world, oddly a real world being that it is from our past…
Something very satisfying in engaging with history via digital means.

Why are you in this thread. This is for Console players… Be Gone!

2 Likes

He just comes here to tell everyone how good his PC is lol, no one cares i also have a high end rig
now what ? I play this game on xbox one X and the truth is that the game is just poorly optimized and that’s it. Xbox one X is capable of much better graphics just look at the Witcher 3 in 4K HDR on xbox one X. The texture quality the draw distance etc is amazing AC Origins also looks way better then KCD on xbox…

2 Likes

Agreed, Im on PS4 Pro with Beast Mode Enabled…And the rain still looks like paint dripping

1 Like

The xbox is good at graphics, yes. Its all the other stuff that it cant do. That’s why the Xbox one x has palsy and my ps4 slim dose not. KCD’s main feature is not graphics. Still its a beautiful game. You should by a ps4 and check it out, without the stutter.

1 Like

It doesn’t stutter on Xbox one X it’s stable 30fps i am not complaining about that. What i am complaining about is the graphics this game is very CPU intensive because it runs a lot of simulations from the world at the same time (characters day cycles different layers of clothes etc) and the CPU is sadly the weakpoint of consoles. That why we such a drastic downgrade on consoles compared to PC but not in other games like witcher 3 or AC origins because they are not nearly as CPU intensive as KC:D.

1 Like

I happen to like the CPU intensive stuff, but I guess that’s why I bought a ps4 and you bought a Xbox :slight_smile: To each there own.

I have both Xbox one X Ps4 and a Ps4 pro. (i also owned an xbox one Elite but sold it)
So i am not fanboying here just stating facts. I own every current gaming platform so both ps4 and xbox + nintendo switch and PC. Ps4 and Xbox one both have bad CPU’s they both use the same AMD cpu that was intended for mobile phones… And ps4 pro and xbox one X still kept the same cpu only with higher clock speeds. Xbox one X runs the best out of the console versions but please don’t take my word watch the comparison videos.

So when i complain about the games graphic then it’s not because i play on a bad platform it’s really just equally horrible on all consoles with minor improvements on the X and Pro…
2 Likes

I didn’t play a game primarily for graphics then

And, I don’t now
https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/uploads/default/original/3X/1/8/184c5eba3c43d092790a719f86495cc1f7402f45.jpeg

4 Likes

Ey, not so different :joy: (Year 2018)

3 Likes

Looks like low res lods for far away objects lol

1 Like

Yes that makes me VERY ANGRY!!! What is that for a New Patch???

Herbalism is a important thinG in that Game. you take so much Herbs and look to the ground. and then you see so a UGLY SQUASHY DANDELION (or other Herbs) Texture.

Puke-Textures is the Imagination Killer Nr. 1 for me. Let it Jerk…but so i can not play the game anymore.

Who makes here a Graphic Downgrade? What is that for a shit! Leave the graphic in peace and fight agains queststopperbugs or same other. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

/// im a PS4 Pro owner.

2 Likes

Lol that’s what you get for buying shit hardware… trying to run the Grand National on a donkey

Stop trolling it is bad optimisation skyrim on nintendo switch has better textures then KC:D on xbox one X i think i will upload comparison screenshots soon.

1 Like

Downgraded graphics and now after patch I had my first hard crash since before 1.3 good going warhorse I would have rather have had the bug over worrying about if my games going to crash…

1 Like