1.4.3 on PC

Doesn’t matter whether you like it or not. ATM 12,164 Steam gamers believe ESO is the cat’s meow as of right now.

That’s 12,164 players that KCD desperately needs. The Sims 3 is sitting at exactly 100 with 2421 players after 9 years (has consistently ranked in the top 110 games since release over a decade ago). After barely 8 weeks, KCD lacks even that much to make the list…

Yes. Success in the gaming industry is all about numbers. It’s always been – and will continue to be – a numbers game.

1 Like

Any idea how many are playing KCD?

Gosh…what this game really needs is Mod support. I think it would gather more interest from those on the fence about it.

I’ve been preaching this since the 3rd week the game was out…and noticed a big swan dive in the ratings

As for the number of gamers, I can only give you PC side based on what’s happening on Steam as of right now. That number doesn’t factor PC gamers playing on GOG or other online sites. It also doesn’t cover retail or console and the console most like has a LOT more players than PC side. Guess the only way to track console players is to look at the trend in KCD sales (and review ratings) on places like Xbox store to date. If ppl bother to leave ratings and they’re as negative as what’s on Steam, then that’s a really bad sign…

Same…I agree with you. But most people’s bugs vary so widely. I wouldn’t want to be a game developer this day in age catering to everybody’s systems. There is a real high risk in making PC games now. What was working a month ago, may not with a PC’s hardware/software update. I’ve had that happen many times after a windows update playing FO.

Maybe I’m just one of the lucky ones. No bugs with me. Although I’m evading the Pestilence quest until the next patch. Read too many bugs with it from almost everyone.

No see you just can’t comprehend. You quoted my post from a conversation you had no clue about, and tried to say I was telling people not to complain about the bugs .

You were wrong. End of. My point to the other poster stands. You brought nothing to it. But paragraphs of nonsensical rants. Keep digging.

there are mods for both your wishes. This is to hide hud completely: https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/30

And this for the more transparent dot and other improvements to the hud: https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/15?tab=posts

these other great games you speak of. just curious… why are you here “preaching” over and over and over the same thing. when these other games you keep harping on about, are soooo good to play.

at this point you are preaching ad nauseam.

So tell me what was the point of your original post? theredemption was making some valid point about console players waiting since february and warhorse had more then one time promised to them that the patch would come out on this and that date but f***ed up again and again. Your answer was some rant about the “stupidity” of people without proving any valid point why it is stupid to want a functional game (as i pointed out in my last post). You just seem like the typical fanboy trying to crush every bit of criticism instead of bringing up rational arguments. I will say it again as i said before like a hundred times i like this game very much but that doesnt mean there are certain points warhorse really need to get their head around. At the end let me just say your post sound like they were written by a little angry kid shouting and weeping because mom refuses to buy him candy. this is farther reflected by telling someone he is wrong without giving any credible argument why. Your answer to Holt_Bathgate just reinforces that impression. On this forum people are quite civilized most of the time while you come around the corner like a barking dog. How about you would lay back a bit and learn how discuss things and pronounce yourself in a grown up way instead of poluting this forum with dull rage comments.

Like a barking dog. my god you are just precious aren’t you.

you had not a leg to stand on so start trying to jump on my post to holt. in fact i have not had any conversation with you at all. you just jumped on posts I made to other people. and call me the barking dog. ha laughable at best, or you are just sad.

Now you just need to step off, because you are not capable.

p.s if holt has something to say to me about his preaching he can go right ahead. if he wants to constantly go on and on about the steam stats and believes they are so important, I’d suggest he makes a separate topic about steam stats.

you are actually replying, no doubt another long winded way of saying you are offended. yawn, you have been writing this since my post. nearly 10 minutes you are writing this and it will just be pure butthurt. 10 minutes wow, 2 songs have played out. keep going come on you can do it… win the internet.

honestly i cannot cope, how long this is going on. you are nearly 15 minutes writing this. I have 3 edits in zzzzz.

commencing countdown engines on… nearly 20 minutes writing your reply. it is going to be epic… song number 3 …

you are poluting this forum now 25 minutes… what is poluting… will it kill the wales and fishes…

As you may have noticed this is a forum so you should consider the possibility of other people joining your conversation it is much like a panel discussion. If you wanted nobody else to see and comment on this you coul just have send a private message which undoubtedly would have been better for this thread since the discussion is going more then a little of the track at this point. Also your original post did not just aim at theredemptionbut rahter at all people complaining about the current state of the game to which i count myself. The ending sentence of your post stating “fucking moronS” also lets me suspect it was aimed at more then just one person or you are just very bad with plural. As i stated before you really need to learn about discussion culture. This is not twitter. But since you clearly dont seem interested in an exchange of arguments in a mature way i will put a hold on this discussion here.

So now lets get back to the original topic:
I agree that KCD lost quite some players this few weeks but my guess is that most people (like myself) played trough the campain once or twice to expirience the story and the world and tried to ignore the bugs as much as possible but are now waiting for something like a green light from other players who are still playing telling them that the major bugs are now fixed and that they can now play relatively carefree. This said i think that the game still has enough stand alone character so that people will return to the game once the message it is now playable spreads around since TW3 is pretty old now and ESO does in my opinion draw his players from an other category as KCD altough i can only speculate since i havent played ESO. The big problem i see is not that the game has so many bugs that it is really disturbing the game expirience but rather the bad communication warhorse is giving to the consumers here. But lets not forget they are a young independent studio and hopefully they will learn from the mistakes they made (much like @Sterling-Archer) .

Well I guess there is quite a lot of players who allready finished the game. I did yesterday. After almost 2 months of playing really slow. This kind of story-driven games do not have much replayability. It is by no means an open sandbox rpg. Thats were Bannerlord will rule. I will not replay the game again as there is nothing new to experience for me. People will now wait for Act II (or is it III?). Maybe some dlc inbetween with new quests…meanwhile I can play other games or just enjoy the real world warm spring,beer at the sun and women in short skirts :grin:

1 Like

Since I bought this for consoles and its been a shambles I think I have the right to dodgy dl this for PC when the 1.4.3 is available. screw waiting on consoles neverending promise of a patch this week or next… Sorry guys sent out for certification found another ‘critical bug’. bought god of war today with 0 bugs on launch, apparently it is possible for smooth releases these days :wink:

@PatrickAWilson
As I said I can write books why Witcher 3 has weak game design, why that’s a fact and how it could be done better instead. But my english is not good enough. I can write in german if you want.

@Holt_Bathgate
Kingdom Come has a lot similarities in the development history like Gothic 1.

Pretty sure Rimmer ordered ‘piping hot gespatio soup’ (apparently served cold).
Arnold J Rimmer is a twat character from Red Dwarf.

I get you dig quoting steam stats; but stats lie…(or misrepresent a situation)…

Eg KCD having had several patches that modify a large part of the game have required (due to steam) downloading patches in excess of 20gb (Twice!), and frequently…
Not even two months on from a game that took twice than bandwidth to install in the first instance.

Not everywhere in the world has cheap internet.
Many of my friends pay more updating games than the cost of the game in the first place.

Steam having implemented some stupid changes this year- has forced always update to latest version.

Tonnes of rpg gamers, often happy surviving with one game that gives many hours of play, dont eant (or plan) to have their net budget blown out month in /month out for one title.

This pretty much enforces forcing steam offline when considering firing up KCD. (Or risk not playing it for days/at cost)

I was caught out due to steam requiring forcing latest update before even allowing me to backup files.
-the latest update was 300mb, and somehow it corrupted everything(90 files) and forced me to download 40gb.

Several times just trying to move backup files from a laptop to my desktop steam has hosed gigabytes from my mobile phones data plan.
I literally lost twelve gigabytes just trying to move an update set of KCD with the HD DLCs.- would have been so much cheaper just to let my gaming rig just get the updates from my phone in the first place rather than run a laptop down to a local cafe with free wifi… (and subsequently have steam redownload the files over my 4G data setup via my phone anyway).

Steam is a nightmare for anyone without unlimited free data. (Wasnt so bad before Jan this year, but presently I consider their platform unusable due to software changes that are inconsiderate of many users)

So since this game has come out- Steam reckons my household in total playtime for KCD- spanning three household members- is nine minutes.

It must be right- that Radzig at Talmberg cutscene going missing shortened our six playlines to a total of two minutes each.

So anyone who reckons hunting with Hans is boring or doing ‘watch duty’ is boring… it couldnt be sixty seconds boring… and that would be if this game consisted of static opening credit screen (small font/lots of info), a cutscene (seven seconds -depicting my character being knocked out); waking up hunting with hans (a static image explaining, again-small font, how I can to be camping with Hans)… thirty seconds out hunting him… (apparently I must be that good),… static screen explaining how steam stats are bullshit- then I walk around Rattay as a guard.
End credits. (Static screen; lots of text)

Pretty sure I picked some flowers as well:-)

I played the games multuple times obviously due to how short the game was.
Other family members did the same.

Nine minutes steam stats.
It was one minute a week ago (should have been hundreds of hours back then as well).
Apparently Ive game eight times more in the last week.
Statistics tell me that. 2000hrs+ just this last week alone if we extrapolate that one minute represented the hundreds of hours prior- eight more minutes must be…

Anyhow- sillyness aside- most steam users are bound to be leaving this game in offline mode.
At least until the patches settle a bit.

Steam doesnt count offline playtime as playtime.

makes me glad I am on GOG.
I can turn off auto updates I can delete galaxy and or not use its launcher( and do) and still play the game.
aside from 2x their galaxy app went wonky and had to be recycled., slow and usually unhelpful support response I have been able to play my witcher games and KCD.
Only real drawback is that it seems most modders at nexus are on steam and don’t think about other ways of getting game and so give steam only related instructions.
Not helpful to people like me on GOG.

1 Like

To that I would say to you this poser – aka Monsieur Matty plays-- was under the influence of some prime, gillyweed infused, moon sugar dusted CRACK.

Who the hell is “they” anyways? For spreading B$ fake news propaganda like that, these :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: clowns need to be drawn by a raging bull and hung by their necks with fish wire. Cut down while still barely alive and immediately quartered. Their hearts & entrails swiftly cut from their chest & roasted upon an adjacent brazier. While they bear witness in sheer terror as the Fates unravel the last threads of their conscious mind from what’s left of that wretched spool that was their life

No wait. A medieval lynching is too easy. Worms who spread such blasphemous propaganda deserve a :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Viking Blood Eagle.

Seriously. ESO was bad enough bastardizing TES lore. But LEGENDS??? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I used to watch him for Fallout 4 stuff, but now he is just ridiculous.

It seems, that more People in Europe Play KDC. It is here now 18.00h and it is on the 99th place of the top 100.

I am currently letting the game rest until they resolve the issues. I have faith they will and then we shall have a wonderful game to play.

3 Likes