1.4.3 on PC

His answer might be, “well Sir You DID order icecream”

3 Likes

I’ve completed the quest even before the patch which broken it.
It’s just the village remained “stuck” - NPCs are stuck in the same spots complaining about Melichar, horses never returned, trader is missing and guards walking around like nothing ever happened… at least I received a reputation boost for curing them all :slight_smile:

Will 1.4.3 add an option to remove the HUD? Please!
And make the yellow dot smaller and dynamic transparent. It should just be a decent semi-transparent point, not ugly yellow fly shit.

Or add a slider to set HUD transparency from 0 % to 100 %.
The perfect solution would be a slider for every single HUD element. Please, that would be such an important improvement for the immersion!

2 Likes

[quote=“nr1predator, post:79, topic:55409, full:true”]
I quoted you, but deleted your quote as it was not important.
did I say at any point in my post do not complain about the broken state of the game or product.

I am talking about a guy crying that there is a delay in the patch for console. the same patch he is demanding at once, is broken. you read that important bit. it was broken.they pulled the broken patch , and due to certification it is needed to go again. but hey why let facts and rationality get in the way of feelings.

2 Likes

This does not change my argument about warhorse giving “expected” release dates wich they never manage to meet in the end. Of course people are upset if again the Q&A overlooked something and the patch for consoles has yet another week of delay. What you dont seem to understand is that there are quite some people who are just not able to play the game right now because consoles are still stcu on 1.3* and dod not recive the 1.4 patch aswell as the 1.4.1 and the 1.4.1 as the pc users did. Just tell me one thing how do other developers manage to release their patches on all platforms at the same time? the answer is simple really, the have just better planbing. As for warhorse goes the old saying: dont give a promise you cant keep. And they did this too many times already.

What is your principal gripe, misleading communications or poor change mgmt? The latter causes the former

Not sure this is true. My PS4 FO4 updates haven’t happen exactly at the same time as XB and PC.

You’re right about planning though. Until they turn the corner on MQ and gamebreaking performance issues, they need to build in more testing time

1 Like

The Witcher 3 did a lot wrong, having a bad game design? Really?
It might not be your cup of tea, but they produced a great game with The Witcher 3. Milions of people enjoyed playing it and the reviews speak for themselves. How can you say it is a bad game if a game has one main target; let people enjoy playing it.
Come on, don’t try to be a “elite” just by saying a game is not good because it is popular by the main public.

W3 was a great game for 2 playthroughs. Then, I was done. Depending on what WH offers as DLC, KCD could be the same

@Antilochos
The Witcher 3 is a very bad designed game and that’s not an opinion - it’s a fact. I don’t speak about the stunning world design, but the gameplay is very dull for casual gamers. I could tell you so much what Witcher 3 did wrong, but my english is not so good. And millions of people also like Call of Duty. But this doesn’t automatically mean Call of Duty is one of the best games.

2 Likes

Filthy casual

COD WW2 is the dogs bollocks

1 Like

Opinion, not fact. You’re entitled to yours. I’m not a Witcher fan either, but quite possibly for very different reasons than yours.

Statements like “this is bad” must be followed with “this is how it should have been” to have any credibility. Further, “this is how it should have been” must be generally accepted as fact. Otherwise: opinion.

Great post but somewhat pointless in terms of relevancy to date.

We’re at a peak gaming time (late afternoon going into evening hours for N. America gamers). All the kids & grownups who would typically play the game are now coming home from work & school.

And yet KCD no longer exists on Steam’s top 100 charts…

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

It would appear all that insane momentum the game had among PC gamers is now officially dead. Especially since Bethesda’s flagship games aka Fallout 4, both versions of Skyrim (i.e Legacy and especially SSE that is on a massive discount sale all week) and Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) are a HUGE draw on Steam gamers. ESO is just getting warmed up with a new TES chapter DLC (the Summerset Isles) which will be going gold soon.

I’m currently beta testing for Bethesda on ESO, and can confirm a TON of other beta testers are playing/checking out the game and giving Beth a flood of feedback as I type. This latest ESO DLC will be an extremely stable release as a result.

IMO, it’s pretty clear all the Skyrim/ESO gamers have abandoned KCD for the greener pastures in Bethesda’s back yard. Or returned to Witcher 3. And the more grittier/high difficulty/ fundamentalist gamers are back to playing Dark Souls 3 or other games. The Skyrim/ESO combination alone is going to keep a TON of former KCD gamers very preoccupied for a very long time…

Successful patch or not, WHS is going to need a substantial miracle to bring back PC players to this game…

Then you get companies endorse a game like Bullyhunter lol…

Don’t like ESO. Love Bethesda products, but not that one. Just feels like every other MMO.

I think KCD might be more of a niche market. based on eastern European history, it is not going to have the same mass appeal as something like Skyrim. Hopefully more than enough to warrant further development. We’ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

There’s niche because the scope of what you do well is narrow and the niche because you don’t do anything particularly well and competition leaves you a small potential audience

1.5 can give Henry highlights and play with different colored dice
1.6 can give Henry a pierced ear

Above is a bit hyperbolic… point being, WH needs to stop messing around. Either offer product differentiating content in releases or put all cute distraction add-ons on hold until the gamebreaking bugs are dead

3 Likes

They say ESO and Legends is cannon lore now👎 I seen a tweet about it from Mr. Matty plays.

They could with mods… Make Henry Fabulous :trophy:

1 Like

Hold on a sec…you’re not a Witcher fan!!! :hushed: lol. To each his own.

1 Like

I have to say I disagree with you that “WH needs a miracle to bring PC players back”.

The game is playable, and pretty damn good on PC right now IMO. I’ve had zero issues after 80 plus hours with 1.4.2.

I can confidently say that most of us here are PC players too. So regardless of what bugs need fixing for you to pick up KCD again, I bet that you would in an instant when a future patch fixes whatever problem you’re having with the game.

Plus- you’re on a KCD forum! So they’ve obviously won you! ??? Am I wrong? And you’re a PC player.

1 Like