1.4.3 on PC

harsh :hot_pepper:

The game is past being ‘only just came out’ and considering it was in alpha for years they have no excuse as to release such a bugged game and then to try fix it but only bringing broken patch after broken patch out. If they took the time with the first patch it wouldn’t have went down this way with so many disgruntled customers. Yes investors pushed the games release out but WH pushed all the broken patches out.

1 Like

The reason they didn’t take there time with the first patch might have been because of people like you. Lets hope they have learned there lesson and will continue to delay the next patch until its ready.

1 Like

What kind of reply is that when I’m the one saying they should have took their time in the first place. Brain malfunction…

2 Likes

My apologies. I reviewed your comments and you are not one of the ones chomping at the bit for a patch asap. I need to watch myself a little more closely.

1 Like

I do the same sometimes when I get in a mood … I kinda turn into the Gunny on Full Metal Jacket lol…

1 Like

RIP GUNNY :crossed_swords:

3 Likes

I didn’t know it but I watched it on the day he died. A day before my sons bday. 15 April was the day he died.

My son never watched it so I let him. It’s kind of creepy if you think about it…

You shouldn’t make mention of “haters”. Most of them are people like you and me who enjoy the heck out of the game, regardless of the ruinous state in which it was released, and still is, on consoles. I would reserve this term for people who really really want perfection on release date, something that is unattainable to any game, especially once it goes live. Looking forward to more prosperous patches in the future and God bless us.

3 Likes

Really liked and enjoyed Full Metal and R Lee (RIP) … my fav though is Band of Brothers

1 Like

I am a supporter of this game and I am happy that I am. I will continue to support this game as long as they make progress ( IMHO 1.4.2 for the PC represents a big step in the right direction).

I am also a professional software developer. Their coding practices, particularly around QA, suck. NFW should these ,mistakes be made and “small shop” or “publishers forced us to do it” is not an excuse. Every check in to the master build should work. If it doesn’t then it’s on the development team. The end.

I do like the fact they the team itself did not attempt to make excuses, at least not that I saw. They took the hit, patched the game and eventually corrected their mistake. I have a feeling that they are trying to get their release processes under control, and if they are I welcome the change, even if it does slow down new content.

2 Likes

My one (?) concern is that they’re so busy fixing crap (including some things of their own making) they might not be spending enough time to improve practices/procedures to prevent/reduce future occurrences. Hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

Sighs typical warhorse double talk. No offense to Rick on reddit who has been very upfront but most of your colleagues haven’t. Way too many broken promises. Warhorse has called WOLF too many times for anyone to actually believe they will finally release a patch next week for consoles. They been waiting since early February for heavens sake. I play PC and 1.4.2 is not bad but I can only feel bad for console users like my friend who has XBOX one. I never seen a game reject half their paying customers as long as Warhorse has. Its kinda disgusting tbh.

I can’t say I don’t agree with you. I’m loving 1.4.2 on PC right now. But yeah, I know a couple people with consoles and I do feel bad for them. BUT, in time this game will turn out to be such an epic game years down the road. There are so many dedicated modders out there that’ll make KCD a true gem for us PC players (much like Skyrim). And console players…although more limited.

Although I don’t make Mods, I’m very excited for Mod support so people can start bringing to life some of their Mod ideas. I’m 100 plus hours in, and can see myself playing this game much like the Witcher, Fallout and Skyrim… as a go-to game for plenty of phenomenal content. But it takes time. And for that I’ll be patient. Just hope the console players will too. KCD will be epic…in time.

1 Like

New content should not even be thought about till the original build has been fixed. Adding new content while simultaneously trying to fix the bugs will only open themselves up to creating more bugs. 100% focus on bug fixing then worry about new content.

1 Like

Jesus h Christ. The stupidity is so evident up in here.

They release a broken game people shout"You rushed it why did you rush it". Ok seems rational.

They release a broken patch people shout " make a hotfix, when is the next patch hurrrry"

They take their time instead of releasing a broken patch( a well known broken patch because it was shown to be broken on pc) they skip it and go to the more stable patch which on console means a NEW CERTIFICATION process. And you have these god damn morons screaming " why didn’t you give us our broken patch. So we can whine even more" FFS.

Fucking morons. I swear. bahahahahaha. Hilarity.

Did you use one of those work-arounds people suggested for pestilence/questions and answers?
I waited for 1.4.2 before attempting those quests, I also took the captive to jail and my Merhojed is fine.

So you are talking about irrational behavior here? While swearing at random people on the internet for giving their opinion while you do nothing but insult them?
Let me give you one example: If you go to a restaurant and order a meal and it is served to you ice cold, of course you would ask the waiter why its cold. If his reply is “if you would have liked a warm meal you should given us more time.” would you accept that?
What we have here is simply a bad communication procedure from warhorse side, why do they have to bloke out dates they “think” something will be released if they miss their own deadlines time after time? Just announce the patch when it IS ready not when you THINK it will be. Also it is not normal these days to release a broken patch, it was maybe when Gothic 1 was a thing but not today anymore. Also i guess you would be pretty upset too if you paid 40 Dollar for a game and cant play it for weeks on consoles now. It is not like the customers need to be happy to get a working product here, they are not selling early acces or beta here it is the actual finished game they are selling so of course people expect it to work. If you buy a car or a tv or whatever product you like you also want it to work the moment you buy it not half a year later. Also, some people might be a bit irritated that they pushed out new content (wich didnt work either and caused a lot of new problems) before even fixing all gamebreaking bugs in the game. I agree with you to the state that people should cool down a bit instead of rampaging in the forums (like you do), but guys like you should stop telling people they have no right to get a quick fix for the things in the game and the patches that are broken. I dont know in wich country you are living in, but in my country you have a right to get a working product or otherwise you can return it. I said this before but that people a re complaining actually shows that they still care about the game and since the game was crowdfunded people have even more right to give their opinion on, lets say, canceled or postboned backer rewards. I think most people are generous enough when it comes to mistakes on warhorse side. You remember the promised steelbook or the world map that should have been printed on high-quality fabric? So i just think warhorse needs to deliver some time soon if they want the consumers trust as a developer.

3 Likes

People are always going to have something to complain about; Like you complaining about them complaining :laughing:

The wise man says nothing while the young man boasts…

Young grasshopper🙂

Welcome and well met.