3rd person continuation

In my opinion, 3rd person view is only necessary for sneak mechanics, like in DE: Human Revolution. During combat, for example, the 3rd person view makes things much simpler. For truth’s sake, the 1st person view is only suitable for 1vs1 combat, because its too unresponsive to work with unfair duels with more than one opponent.

as with star citizen I hope they stick to their 1st person vision for these games! just as there are enough dragons in RPGs there is now enough 3rd person action/RPG games out there, strict 1st person RPG however need some love!

I prefer 1st person view. 3rd person view is everywhere and by me, it’s confusing for me and totally unrealistic.

What’s everywhere, confusing and totally unrealistic is lens dirt in first person. Seriously, W.T.F.

2 Likes

Call of Duty? -_-…

You mean lens flare?
Yeah, that’s a dumb stylistic device because lens flare is when you look through a lens hence the lens in lens flare.
:stuck_out_tongue:

No, lens dirt is something that’s cropped up in the last few years in games (also movies) where a texture is applied to the screen which shows dried water marks, dust, scratches, lens defects and even fingerprints when the sun shines across the camera from a shallow angle.

it’s a movie thing that games start to imitate in an effort to be “cinematic”

because most games these days are just interactive movies.

1 Like

That’s not about 1st person, that’s about FOV

4 Likes

What if you’re wearing a helmet and it has a design that limits your vision? Going out of first person to have a third person view instead is kind of cheating the system, assuming the helmet shows up to reduce the range you can see.

1P also looks like it’s going to be much more immersive and better for direct combat than 3P anyway.

1 Like

Never saw this feature before…it’s not going to be there.

We haven’t seen the dog companion yet, yet that feature will be there. :wink:

Ok guys, so.
Imagine that we have the option to play in 1st AND 3rd person,
Explain me WHY it would be problem if YOU play in 1st and if other people who rather play in 3rd and do it ?
I can’t understand you, seriously.
You want to play a game like that, so, ok, we just ask for another option. We do not impose you the 3rd person, no?
so what’s wrong?

1 Like

If a 3P view option is put into the game I couldn’t care less if people want to use it, provided one thing: what’s put into developing it does not, in any way, detract from the primary 1P quality and experience.

The game is being marketed as a 1P experience with a studio that is small, but planning to expand to 50 or so people. If that means they can devote resources to doing a 3P view and the 1P work continues unaffected, more power to them. But, if it takes away from the development of the 1P view, no thanks.

1 Like

Everyone who played Day-Z mod or Mount and Blade can tell the difference betwen 1ps 3ps. 3ps is basically cheating. You can peek around corners or lower walls without fear of detection (sneaking difficulty just dropped down to zero). you can see man hidden in grass because of different perspective, in combat you see even what’s behind you.

In 3ps you have to solve camera collisions and expect player to see things from completely different perspective. (more detailed roof textures I guess)

Exactly! It is single player so no one is affected by how others are playing the game. Why then not allow each one to customize the playing stile according to personal preference? I will for sure try this in 1st person although I normally prefer 3rd person and I would like the possibility to change.

2 Likes

Because of this omg…

Game view just matters to game design. Why so many people can’t understand it? I’m sure it’s not first nor last time I had to wrote it.

1 Like

I will still play the game if it remains 1st person only, but I would really prefer the option to play in 3rd person. I may be wrong, but I can’t imagine it being that big of a development cost in terms of time or resources to implement 3rd person. Textures, animations and whatnot should already be there given the simple fact that you can already see NPCs performing any possible action that your character could perform, and probably wearing anything that your character might wear.

You didn’t read even post above yours did you…

In Kingdom Come the combat system is designed for 1st-person. People seem to forget that when they’re demanding 3rd-person. It can’t just be switched, the controls and movement would be fucked up completely.
This means: it’s easier said than done!

Yeah, well, they denied it multiple times already.
I think and I hope they won’t change all combat related stuff just for a bunch of people because this means tons of extra work. The other thing is, they said before that there is no 3rd-person most of the time, so when making the deal people can’t complain they didn’t know beforehand or were cheated or something.

more about my opinion regarding 3rd -person here: