3rd person continuation

Oh I read it, I just rejected your premise.

2 Likes

More like ignored ignored completelyā€¦

Warhorse, when you open shop PLEASE add a stretch goal to add 3rd person, 1 person is ā€œhorribleā€ to me and so many others.

I respect that some prefer 1 person and feel its better and gives more immersion but not to me, not to all of us. 1 Person just doesnā€™t do it for me, I donā€™t feel more immersion at all, to be honest I feel less immersion. When gaming I canā€™t use all my senses, I donā€™t have a feeling of height, body, awareness, etc like in real life, and thatā€™s what I get with 3rd person.

Maybe someday with new technologies (VR glasses + camera like Kinect + etc) things change, but right now 1 person just doesnā€™t do it.

Please consider this, thanks.

Note: to all the people ā€œhatingā€, this game is not mp and more important, Iā€™m not trying to remove or change 1 person, just trying to add something I like more.

2 Likes

I believe youā€™re not going to see a 3rd person option unless they significantly change things about the combat system.

Itā€™s not hating, itā€™s being realistic.

I really like first person, just look at the mechanics behind this technology:

5 Likes

In this type of first person you canā€™t see your bodyā€¦ In Kingdom Come is proper first person. You can see everything from shoulders to toes. (or verything in reflection I guess) :stuck_out_tongue:

Short version: itā€™s called Full Body Awareness :stuck_out_tongue:

In Half-Life 2 you just have arms. :smiley:
Maybe this pic is about HL2?
But there was no AK in the game.

For combat all they need to do is move the camera to the back of the player, kinda like aiming in 3 person shooters.

But Iā€™m not worrying about that, they are developers, Iā€™m pretty sure they can figure out several impressive ways in how to include this option.

Warhorse, please? As a stretch goal?

Note: regarding the cameras theyā€™ve showed so far Iā€™m not impressed at all, and I donā€™t think Iā€™m gonna like them more. Just look at how horse riding looks, what a waste of awesome animations/looks/etcā€¦

EDIT: My opinion is as good as others opinions, same value and same importance, no more, no less. Stretch goals are created to include new things, thatā€™s the point of stretch goals.

Thereā€™s no point discussing with you guys because:
-Iā€™m not trying to remove 1 person or make it worst
-You arenā€™t going to convince me
-Iā€™m not going to convince you

So donā€™t waste your time with me, I will do the same. My message is directed to Warhorse and to all 3 person fans.

Warhorse, please consider this request, since the minute Iā€™ve seen your game that I felt for it, but one thing is missing. 3 Person for all of us that love it, please try to add a stretch goal for it, I will gladly help you with my money, and so will others.

Thanks!

1 Like

Warhorse, please? Do NOT add 3rd person as a stretch goal. Stay focused on designing the game the way you want it designed without the pressure of adding anything else in that might delay the release of the game.

1 Like

Exactly!
Please refrain from ā€œpopularā€ stretch goals which werenā€™t part of your vision.

@BlackRL
Want to play a 3rd-p RPG? No problem, there are plenty out there. But good 1st-p RPGs are very scarce, so just leave this game alone. Go and play your run-of-the-mill games. We donā€™t need your ā€œopinionā€ which is basically just a negative attitude, you donā€™t need to be impressed and we donā€™t need you to like it. We need people who support the game!
Also, they certainly donā€™t just ā€œneed to move the camera to the back of the playerā€. Itā€™s obvious you didnā€™t read the thread or watched the videos. Itā€™s 1st-p for a reason, look it up.
You clearly have no clue how a game is being developed!

Are you sure you arenā€™t blackdreamhunk by any chance?

[quote=ā€œKickstarterā€]
Do you plan to implement 3rd person view?

We are sorry, but we do not plan to allow you to control your character in 3rd person view (TPV). You will be able to see your character e.g. in cutscenes, dialogues or in the inventory screen, you can also see your body and hands all the time. We believe that FPV allows for better immersion in the world; we also think that we can make the FPV combat work. Moreover the many of the systems, including combat, are designed with FPV in mind and wouldnā€™t work in TPV without a major redesign.[/quote]

You couldnā€™t be arsed to read the FAQ, could you, but hey, why donā€™t you just demand some random stuff instead. And, of course, just because youā€™re willing to spend 20 ā‚¬ they should bow before you.

3 Likes

Lol I just donā€™t understand the vehement hatred all you No 3rd Person Whatsoever people have. I get you want it in first person, thatā€™s fine, butā€¦shesh - these people are just politely (usually) asking Warhorse to reconsider not implementing a 3rd person. Personally, Iā€™m fine if thereā€™s no 3rd person, I just donā€™t understand the utter hatred being expressed about 3rd person. Oh well I guess thatā€™s the internet.

I donā€™t mind people wishing for it.

I do mind people who donā€™t seem to understand itā€™s not as simple as just moving the camera back from a game thatā€™s built around the first person setup.

I do mind people who forget that adding a completely different way of playing the game would likely delay its release date.

I do mind people who donā€™t take the time to read past threads to see why Warhorse is not considering a third person view.

I do mind people not respecting that this is the way Warhorse is choosing to make their game.

4 Likes

The 3rd person is already implemented in game , we have seen even some Devs play with it to demnstrate featurers.
To negate it its like putting the head in the sand and pretend to not have seen it .
@Cerberus
A lot of People want 3rd person for different reasons , most for nausea others for vanity , This woulnā€™t stop thers to play in first person if they want as most do in Skyrim .
To forbid with such an hate other people to be able to play the game and even exhort them to leave the forums, the game and stop asking for that feature is pretty unpolite and rude and you might be a King supporter and me just a peasant , but that doesnā€™t meanthe game is yours anyouhave the what to do .

1 Like

Noā€¦ we saw devs demonstrating combat with 3ps camera. fom fixed side angle. (6:01)

1 Like

No, the devs designed the game to be in 1st-person. Thereā€™s a quote in my last post, please read it.
keywords: ā€œmajor redesignā€ -> equals to major effort equals to major waste of time and money!

Thatā€™s no problem, they have plenty of games to choose from (Gloria Victis).
But people who want to experience a fleshed out 1st-person RPG game have to search very thoroughly and wonā€™t come up with much.

Same goes for the fantasy and dragon stuff.
There are so many games already which have 3rd-person, fantasy and dragons combined in one game. So people have no reason to complain.

There is no hate. Donā€™t overexaggerate because you misread something or imagined words spoken more harshly than I would have said them.

Hereā€™s a little info:
Every other day a bunch of new uninformed people arrive. They donā€™t read FAQs, they donā€™t watch videos but they demand things. I give this lazy people information, so they will know what this game is about.

Iā€™ve informed myself beforehand then I decided to pledge. I didnā€™t pay for a 3rd-person game, that wasnā€™t part of the deal. If it were just another 3rd-person game I wouldnā€™t have pledged!

Reasons for pledging:

• immersive 1st-person perspective
  • historically accurate portrayal of medieval life
  • naturally looking and feeling environment in an open world
  • never seen before 1st-person combat system

Another thing, according to your statement, you are allowed to express your opinion (ā€œgive me ze 3rd person now!ā€) while Iā€™m not allowed to do so? Yeah, sure!

Yeah, well, thatā€™s just, like, your opinion, man. I never stated that it is ā€œmyā€ game. Iā€™m speaking on behalf of the people who share the same thinking as I do (not all of them are here in this forum). These people were the main force behind the success of the Kickstarter campaign. These people gave their money because of what Warhorse offered them.

The other thing is, you have nothing to lose if they let it as it is. I on the other hand have something to lose, if they change things too drasticallly from what they were promising. I would have less money and less game. And because I didnā€™t pay for a very different game, of course, I donā€™t want that to happen.

Conclusion:
Just stop trying to destroy the game for other people who helped financing the game because of what theyā€™ve seen throughout the campaign. Thatā€™s basically what you do if you force Warhorse to redo a whole core mechanic of the game just to have 3rd-person implemented properly. Wait for the mod tools then you can enjoy your messed up controls in 3rd-person. Everybody is happy.

4 Likes

Destroy the game ? Are you serious or drunk?
The feature IS already implemented just needs to be activated .
Then you like 1st person ? Play it in first person option , its not that hard to understand that you could be able to switch form a view to another just like skyrim .
And btw you might be surprised to realize that the ones supporting more the game are actually the 3 dollars donations raer than the 100 dollar ones , donsome matha and see .

1 Like

You should probably redo your math. If you want to judge this based on money from each tier, which is silly because people should be free to express an opinion regardless of how much they donated, letā€™s run the numbers.

Peasant: 355 people at Ā£3 = Ā£1,065 minimum, probably up to no more than Ā£5,000 with the differences added up
Soldier (D): 8,653 people at Ā£15 = Ā£129,795
Knight (D): 6,332 people at Ā£20 = Ā£126,640
Soldier Ā§: 765 people at Ā£20 = Ā£15,300
Baron (D): 8,048 people at Ā£25 = Ā£201,200
Knight (SE): 1,817 people at Ā£25 = Ā£45,425
Baron (SE): 4,945 people at Ā£30 = Ā£148,350
Viscount: 994 people at Ā£40 = Ā£39,760
Earl: 2,100 people at Ā£65 = Ā£136,500
Duke: 680 people at Ā£125 = Ā£85,000
King (limited): 242 people at Ā£300 = Ā£72,600
Wenzel (limited): 50 people at Ā£600 = Ā£30,000
Emperor (limited): 50 people at Ā£600 = Ā£30,000
Pope (limited): 10 people at Ā£1,200 = Ā£12,000
Illuminatus (limited): 2 people at Ā£3,000 = Ā£6,000
Saint (limited): 3 people at Ā£5,000 = Ā£15,000

The Ā£3 backers make up the smallest monetary percentage of the project by far, just under 0.1% of the money raised based on the minimum, maybe 0.5% overall. Iā€™m loathe to say anyoneā€™s opinions donā€™t matter, but you guys didnā€™t even pledge enough to get the game in the first place. I think the people who did put enough faith in Warhorse to spend on the promise of a game have more reason to be listened to at this point.

Note I am still not saying your opinion doesnā€™t matter, but it doesnā€™t carry much weight compared to the rest of the backers. Your ability to express your opinion doesnā€™t mean itā€™ll be free of scrutiny or criticism.

And, like it was said, a fixed 3rd-person view for programming purposes is not at all the same as a 3rd-person view designed for gameplay itself.

1 Like

Are you serious or blind? The feature IS NOT yet implemented. At least proper 3ps view wasnā€™t shown yet (if Iā€™m wrong then show me where they have it). You could see only 3ps camera with fixed angle for demonstration purposes. And once more. Itā€™s DESIGNED as 1PS. If you canā€™t imagine any problems caused by 3ps it doesnā€™t mean that they arenā€™t there.

Your mention of pledge amounts is completely irrelevant (even if it was true).

The developers have said they will not implement it. That is their decision and those that pledged respects that. If not then tough. I canā€™t see why you canā€™t just wait for the game tools to be released for a 3rd person mod.

Plus, I myself have chronic motion sickness and have never felt nausea in a video game due to a 1st person perspective (unless Iā€™m strapped to a roller coaster lol).

1 Like

Would be nice if they one day found the time in their lives to add a 3rd person view, I loved going between 1st and 3rd person views back then and would love to do so in any game from now till the end of time.

I understand right now that they are busy with 1st person camera/controls and all that but afterwards a 3rd person view implementation would be greatly appreciated.

Just a mental note, I have read this entire topic and no Iā€™m not up for a debate that goes to nowhere, Iā€™m just having a mere say on what I would one day like to happen, no need to tell me ā€œit wonā€™tā€ or ā€œitā€™l ruin the gameā€, Iā€™ve seen enough of that crock.