Gloria Victis is a FREE_TO_PLAY MMORPG (non-target, crafting....)

Gloria Victis is a free-to-play MMORPG under development by Black Eye Games incorporating low-fantasy elements from medieval Europe and Near East mythologies. The game features an action-based, realistic non-target combat system with exciting PvP, class-less progression, mature story line, complex quests, crafting, and much more.

FEATURES

Four Nations | Choose between the four nations of Etherians, Asken, Northern and Nuntians.
Progression System | Build your own unique character by earning stats and skills, or choose from premade builds.
Deep Background | Choose between the four nations of Midlanders, Azebs, Ismirs and Sangarians, each based upon a real medieval power and equipped with a rich culture, belief system and history as well as aesthetically different equipment.
Action Combat | Engage in action-based, non-target combat where your skills and tactics matter.
Sandbox Crafting System | Create your own items with Gloria Victis’ ten different crafts, in which your success depends on your skill rather than luck. Specialize in one profession, becoming one of the crafting masters shaping your nation’s economy or be a self-reliant jack of all trades.
PvP | Participate in knight tournaments, epic castle sieges, and more with Gloria Victis’ player vs. player combat.

What is Gloria Victis?

Gloria Victis is a low fantasy medieval FREE MMORPG that values realism in terms of game mechanics. Our game is set in a parallel universe of X-XV century Europe and Middle-East with the corresponding nations.

The fundamental difference that our development has with large game studios is the spirit in which we are making the game. Gloria Victis is founded on frustration and passion ‒ frustration at the lack of a game that is truly innovative and worth playing, and passion for the medieval period. As such, Gloria Victis is not driven by fiscal goals but actually the desire to create a game that truly belongs to gamers.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=225671457

http://gloriavictisgame.com/

Looks interesting, I think I’ve heard or read something about this a while ago.

But 3rd-person only?
No, thanks! :wink:

PS: Is advertisement for other games allowed here?

2 Likes

Looks interesting…
I see they failed their kickstarter goal, do they have plans to restart it? or is that against kickstarters “rules”

1 Like

so plan to kick start again but there is no approximate date of start

(sory for my english)

Cool… I will look out for it when its on kickstarter again :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can now also support the project, have the system xsolla known WoT. Just $ 10 and have access to pre-Alpha

(sory for my english)

makers are also planning first-person camera :slight_smile:

Yes, I saw on their website… would rather wait for a kickstater though :wink:

1 Like

Well, they already had a Kickstarter project that failed, so unless they find a way to redo it and get a lot more attention (who knows, maybe some from here) I don’t know how different another attempt would go. Maybe they can show more?

I had at that time (2011?) Great expectations Gloria Victis. Did you also offered help (and would have had a sponsor), by the way. Runs the game now? Had the project for a year now no longer on the radar …

looks atrocious. why is he wearing 12th century armor mixed with 15th century helmet? how does that make sense logically and aesthetically?

the combat looks even worse than m&b. i really don’t see any hope for this project.

2 Likes

Let’s just say that the KCD video, even at a pre-alpha stage, made me just about salivate to eventually get my hands on the finished product.

The Gloria Victis video didn’t interest me at all and pre-alpha or not, it looks very average graphically.

1 Like

New screenshot - http://forum.gloriavictisgame.com/showthread.php?tid=4786&pid=50334#pid50334

does it support eyefinity or nvidia surround?
5800x1080?

No, Not at this time. They are still fighting some irritating bugs.

Latest info: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gloria-Victis/352162408142252