A bird in the hand bugged

Same on xbox one x. If we could buy cages from the hunter?

My third bird cage disappeared. I have two only.

Hi everyone! I came back to the guy with the 3 birds, them he give me the money the arrows, and than it stop and i cannot exit the conversazion. Xboxone

1 Like

Same here on PC, i give him 3 cages, receive money and 40 arrows and then stuck in conversation without option.

1 Like

Same problem here :frowning:

Im with you. I believe the rewards are a bunch of arrows anyway who cares i wanna complete the quest and get rid of the stupid birds.

2 Likes

I think I know a solution until the patch: When you start the quest, you get an auto save, if you still have it, load from there and do the quest without saving further until you finish it and return to the hunter. That worked for me, no saves, sleep, or even fast travel until finished, I just got the quest done, turned it in and voila, worked!

Any word on if this will be fixed soon… apparently its a very consistent bug which needs addressing, and as it’s 6 undroppable pounds in your inventory, it’s one of the more annoying quest items I’ve found that I have to hang on to

2 Likes

I can’t quit dialogue after receiving rewards. There are no options. My last save was few hours ago. It’s painful.
Love the game but these bugs are driving me crazy.

1 Like

Quest is still bugged freezes during hand in v1.2.2

Only thing that happened to me was that one of the markers of a birdcage disappeared but after going to its location I found it and the quest proceeded along without any issue.

same issue here, i Don’t have a save as far back as before picking up the last cage, so like most people here i’m stuck with 6 pounds of useless rubbish in my inventory. console commands still work, so is there a command to drop out of a conversation?

some bug here, the last trap doesnt works

Hi, bug also for me on third cage. Old save game are too away in time I hope it will be fixed.

With 1.2.5 I still cannot finish the quest (dialog freezes). What do we need to do to get this sorted? Is there some console command to finish the quest “the hard way” (thereby skipping the dialog)?

Still can’t hand the quest in, freezes after being issued the reward v1.2.5

And another one with the bug. Found the first bird, caged it, saved because I quit playing for the day. Reload next day, second cage and bird caught but on dropping the third cage the cage dissapeared. Hope there is a fix soon! Can’t reload older save since it is way back in time.

I’m not able to pick up the second cage. Put two cages down, picked up the first, and then placed the third cage down. Went back for the 2nd cage and it’s missing. Seems This is a known issue, would be nice for a bug fix.

Loading from a save isn’t going to work, I’ve killed multiple deer, multiple boar (needed for boar pelt mission), and multiple rabbits (needed for the rabbit food mission). On top of that I’ve killed a camp full of bandits and their leader.

The game is really awesome, but being forced to load over, or just not finish a quest is not cool, and seems to be happening frequently with the game.

Ok i just find out something, maybe others can be as noob as me also :smiley:
So, i just pressed “X”, so the cage didn’t Dropped (like others reported, and quest notification popped up).
Instead i put into my horse :slight_smile:
So just press and HOLD-X , the cage will be on the ground.

Not the case for me unfortunately, it was on the ground. And it’s not on my horse :frowning: