A bird in the hand bugged

And another one with the bug. Found the first bird, caged it, saved because I quit playing for the day. Reload next day, second cage and bird caught but on dropping the third cage the cage dissapeared. Hope there is a fix soon! Can’t reload older save since it is way back in time.

I’m not able to pick up the second cage. Put two cages down, picked up the first, and then placed the third cage down. Went back for the 2nd cage and it’s missing. Seems This is a known issue, would be nice for a bug fix.

Loading from a save isn’t going to work, I’ve killed multiple deer, multiple boar (needed for boar pelt mission), and multiple rabbits (needed for the rabbit food mission). On top of that I’ve killed a camp full of bandits and their leader.

The game is really awesome, but being forced to load over, or just not finish a quest is not cool, and seems to be happening frequently with the game.

Ok i just find out something, maybe others can be as noob as me also :smiley:
So, i just pressed “X”, so the cage didn’t Dropped (like others reported, and quest notification popped up).
Instead i put into my horse :slight_smile:
So just press and HOLD-X , the cage will be on the ground.

Not the case for me unfortunately, it was on the ground. And it’s not on my horse :frowning:

When I take the last case, it still displaing on the map. and i can not end this quest becouse there is no update for him in a quest log.

I managed to lose 1 cage up at a charcoal burner camp. Don’t remember dropping it but later I noticed a quest marker saying I had dropped one there. I went back to retrieve it but it did not show on the ground. Anyway I still had 3 cages so off I went to the quest area and dropped 3 cages where I could hear the bird sound. When I came back only one had a bird, the other two I dropped again. I had to come back twice to get the remaining two cages with birds. The problem is that the quest has not updated even though I have 3 birds in my inventory. The markers for two dropped cages still show on the ground. I cannot turn in the birds to the huntsman so the quest is stuck with the birds in my inventory.

1 Like

I can confirm that quest is still bugged in 1.2.5 i have all 3 birds, but i got dialog freeze when im trying to get reward…

Someone is saying that there is console conmand for close dialog, but does it really exists?

Annoying is also that cages have 6 pounds of weight…

2 Likes

I’m also experiencing the problem. I put down three traps. I retrieved two traps with birds but when I was on the way to get the third trap I stumbled across a bandit camp. Somehow I managed to kill all four bandits(which never happens) so I decided to save the game. Then I went to pick up the third trap, trap c on the map. It registers on the map but doesn’t show up. I’ve already played a few hours thinking the trap would show back up so I’m not going back to a previous load. It would be nice if the next patch would just allow you to take more traps.

im having the same problem on xbox one x, only i cant see any of the cages. when i drop one it simply dissapeares alltogether. i waited for a while and the bird sounds stopped but the cages werent marked and where nowhere to be found. luckily i saved before i started the quest so i can wait untill its fixed

That’s the bug I have with the quest. My cages were fine but it stays stuck in the conversation screen forever.

Did they fix any bugs mentioned here?
I managed to gather all 3 cages the trick was to start gathering only when all of them will be filled with birds.
At first i had gathered 2 cages and placed 1 more which dissappeared after 1 h waiting.
At 2nd try droped 3rd cage w8ed 1 hour and all 3 cages were at their spots.

1 Like

Still sadly can’t turn it in. Still gets stuck in conversation.

1 Like

Same problem, playing on PC. I did the bandit ruin and the horse that bolted right after and game saved before I was able to turn in the quest. I did 2 hours of training with Captain Bernard as well, not in the mood to lose all that effort because of one quest.

1 Like

I have all 3 cages and get the quest rewards but then it doesn’t exit back into the world, stuck in the dialogue camera.

Same problem as everyone else. I think i’ve read that you can turn in 2 cages, but not all 3 here.

I turned it in with no problems. But i got same bug at later quest where you need to gather some cumans gear. After u give the gear get stuck in dialog.

Same deal here, I try to go back and finish it from time to time but it’s still broken.

Damn, I wish I saw this first. I had no issues with the cages. My issue is I’m suck in the convo screen when turning in the quest.

Spent hours doing this quest last night. Got a ton of loot while I was out doing it. Right after I picked up the cages I went to bed, was really late, so I saved the game which looks like is what the probem is.

Really hope this gets fixed.

New patch 1.3 and DLC will be released soon.

When soon is already late for PC… They got the money… sold 1M of copied and They dont care… If they would care, they could release small patch every day for PC…
Maybe there are already working primarly on DLC crap…