A bird in the hand bugged

9 women can’t give a child birth in 1 month. They mb now have more resources but still need time for fixes. The problem is in work with community, no eta for patches and not replies in bug threads. That sux.

Simple things could be fixed quickly and game shouldnt be lauched in such state in the first place…

Quest is bugged for me. It was very buggy doing the quest, but I finally got the birds.
However when I turn in the quest, i get the reward and it just stays in the conversation cutscene - cant exit etc.

I tried using the cheat mod that gives you a console and the “cheat_save” command, but when i reload it - the game is still in the phase before handing in the quest.
So it is impossible to complete this quest.

First time I did the quest it worked perfectly fine. Second time I encountered the stuck in turn-in cutscene bug many have mentioned.

Going back to a save prior to picking up the third trap, re-placing and picking up the traps I needed again, then heading straight back to town without doing anything else or saving again allowed me to get through the cutscene without any problems. I fast traveled back to Rattay so I don’t think that’s part of the problem. Also used Wait to pass about 6 hours to turn the quest in because I was doing it at night.

I have this problem as well. Placed and captured 2 cages but the 3rd disappears when the bird gets captured.

I am struggeling with the same bug, but with a slightly different cause.

Set cage to A > Take bird from A > Save > Load > Set Cage to A > Take bird from A > Set Cage to B > Save > Load > Cage on B gone.

my quest went well until he rewarded my and the dialogue just froze and wont continue.

Congrats, you survived till second wave of bugs…

2 Likes

Drop one where you hear the weird bird noises. Mark that spot. Ride far away and come back. Pick up and do it somewhere else.

You forgot save before every step, because cage could simply disappear, during waiting or when you are place it on the ground… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is true I gave up on it.

A few days later(real life) I am going to send some banditos to the maggots food factory I set up. Seen this box go over to loot . Fooking bird cage?? With a nightingale in it. The others were still not there tho

For PC, 1.3.1 does not resolve the frozen reward dialog bug. also introduced a some more bugs - like the advanced graphics settings aren’t saving so u can’t turn of the stupid motion blur for example (have to do it manually via config)

For me its working with 1.3.1 , but game save corruption bug is still there and game still crashing when and after and go to Sasau…

well i’m still stuck at the end of the dialogue. but i guess there are multiple reasons behind this bug - some ppl saved during the quest, some ppl did other quests before finishing this one, etc…

Also on 1.3.1 now and still have the quest present, picked up all cages, nightingale came back, can’t hand in quest as apparently only have 2 nightingales. Not sure if this can even be fixed now with an update as issue occurred way back.
Stuck on ‘Cherchez la femme’ AND ‘Restless Spirit’ now, too many unobtainable side quests racked up, just going to play something else.

Still bugged after the patch. Last cage does not pop :frowning:

Same here, got 2 cages before the patch and now the last still disappears on me. But hey, at least I go random encounters back… after not doing a quest properly (skipping Timmy) :confused:

1 Like

Any udate on this bug? I reinstall the game and it not help at all.

HERE IS HOW TO DO THIS QUEST:

• DONT SAVE DURING THE QUEST
  • Place only 1 Cage go a bit back start the timer for 1hour, grab the cage. do next cage one by one the same
  • dont do anything else than the quest
  • go back and deliver
  • now you can save

Nothing new here. Very disappointing.