A bird in the hand bugged

I tried to turn this quest in the other day after carrying around these damn cages for a couple of weeks, Well i dunno what happened but it finally was competed. Every other time i would try to tuern it in the guy would just stare at me and I’d have to restart the game.

Patch didn’t fix the bug. I am unable to pick up the third cage, in my case marked C.

1 Like

version 1.4.2 and some still have to carry 2 bird cages in their backpack all the time.

2 Likes

I’ve had this error since day 1 of release, pretty much. Got two of the birds, but I somehow lost the last cage, so now I’ve soon completed everything the game has to offer but this one. Which kinda sucks. There’s no console command that would give us an empty cage, or some other way to complete the quest?

If by console command you mean the object identifier there you have it:

item_id=“70871a2a-6b35-4a53-ab0a-02655a6c1fa9”

Will you know how to use it?

Hey, sorry for late respons. No, I do not know how to use it. As far as I understood by reading other posts, the three bird cages are assigned unique ID’s at spawn, which right away removes the option of “spawning” a bird cage like you would in for example Skyrim. If I however can use that unique ID over to get back or potentially find the cage if it’s for example glitched through the ground, I’d be really grateful for a console command I could use to get it.

Install this mod: Cheat
These identifiers correspond to:

70871a2a-6b35-4a53-ab0a-02655a6c1fa9 : Empty bird cage
12c04d37-2cac-454a-917f-4cf0964758fe : Bird trap

To generate in the inventory, write in the console according to the objects you want:

For Empty bird cage:
cheat_add_item id:70871a2a-6b35-4a53-ab0a-02655a6c1fa9

For Bird trap:
cheat_add_item id:12c04d37-2cac-454a-917f-4cf0964758fe

If you need more than one object, repeat or enter the amount at the end of each command:

cheat_add_item id:70871a2a-6b35-4a53-ab0a-02655a6c1fa9 amount:3
cheat_add_item id:12c04d37-2cac-454a-917f-4cf0964758fe amount:3

Say if it worked for you.

1 Like

The quest is still bugged :C

worked for me in PC 1.41 with mods on board on 3 different runs
I did have one time not have a cage show but when the bird got caught the coaught covered cage was where I dropped it.

When I did this quest i noticed that as soon you drop the empty cage, it’s like you dropped nothing, but if you go to your horse (without calling) the cage with bird will be right under it.

So if you want to complete the quest do the followings:

• go with your horse to Vranik wood;
  • as soon you enter the searching area dismount your horse and don’t call it back;
  • go to the bird’s spot and leave the cage (again, the cage will never actually drop but will spawn right under your horse);
  • go in every bird’s spot and leave the cage, once you done go back to where you leave your horse and pick-up the cages.

Done.

Has this been fixed yet? Actually fixed? I get that there are work arounds but for those who have completed the tasks, have all birds in inventory, and still experience freezing, is there any solution even in the works at this point?

what platform? what patch?
Am PC and did it again on 1.4.2 and had no problems

despite all my rage i am still just a bird in a cage

After patch 1.7 for the PS4, I was finally able to finish this quest. It was cage B that was bugged for me. Thanks!

1 Like