A different perspective with having Women in the game!

Please stop being hostile towards me
I would like it if post can be civilize here as I have not mocked any of you or call into question whether your a sexist or not. My Post was just about seeing the benefits of having women in the game so please leave out the mocking abuse. It just makes the statement stronger that we should not be here if your not a guy.

I did not create this topic just to start a flame war but to have some good discussion about it so please be respectful as I have to all of you.

And who care if I am lesbian or not? We should love lesbians and those with serious issues in their lives and even our enemies! Not mock them and tell them they are not wanted anywhere so we should show compassion and understanding.

If the community manger things my question are in valid and trolling and that I am just a lesbian or what ever name like to call me. I do not mind if he closes it but i still like a discussion with him privately about the matter.

I am perfectly okay if the discussion is done privately but I wanted it public so all you guys can read about it so stop being so hostile. Perhaps add to the discussion for the expansion? Why can’t you guys do that? Or am I right that if your a women then your not welcome here?

In Bohemia the King was elected by the estates. Traditionally, though, the estates voted in the king that was chosen by the previous king, most typically the oldest son.

2 Likes

Hi,

Are you my feminist english teacher ?

I didn’t see anyone bring up your sexuality, so why exactly are you saying this? You’re clearly not reading anyone’s posts at this point.

If you are not talking about the main game we are working on, but about an expansion. Yes this is something that is possible. We will see, right now our focus lies on the main game and we can´t really tell anything about expansions yet.

And women are very welcomed here. @masozravapalma or @Lamproly for example are two of the most respected members here and I can even immagine have them as moderators if they would be here more often.

2 Likes

Why does it seem like this is only a ever a problem for people like you? When games like Tomb Raider only have a female protagonist, where is everyone asking for their to also be a male character? Am I just not seeing them?

The things is, we don’t care if the main character is male or female, that is all you. It doesn’t matter, but the character they wanted to make in this case, is male. And sex happens to matter a lot in the context of the time period. You said fiction is fine, which it is generally, but this has been marketed as realistic since the beginning. For years.

People here are being hostile because this is an old argument, it’s happened at least a few times over the years. They also don’t seem to care for gender politics, which is nice.

And really, who cares? Why does this matter so much? Can you not stomach the idea of playing as a man? Why is that? I have no issues getting into tomb raider, the female version of Shepard in Mass effect, and females in general RPGs, so why is it a problem for you? Women are in fact in the game, represented as they were, so what’s the issue? Why is playing as one something so crucially important?

Sorry if the answer was in your OP, but I can’t really imagine why someone wouldn’t be fine playing as male or female, despite your personal gender/sex. It’s not like this a skyrim character you create and want to turn into yourself, but a character in their own right.

1 Like

Thank you again Community manager but it was the replies from the OP of why I posted it cause its not needed. Thank you for letting me know they are other members who are women, thanks heaps!

patagonist*

What the hell is a patagonist? 0_o

It’s apparently a feminist way of saying protagonist.

4 Likes

IDEAS FOR EXPANSION NOT FOR CURRENT BETA
I want to say again i appreciate all the time you have taken to reply and i have done the same too trying to reply too and being thoughtful and serious about the discussion. I really have not seen a discussion like this in most dominated guy forums because as i said most just say its not realistic for women to even be in modern time battles. So thank you very much for taking to time to explain things and perhaps this could be sticky so others can read about it and see what thoughtful friendly discussion you have posted about it? :slight_smile: Cause again when I join up and read some thread that women are not in the game i thought that it was just another game were women are forgotten because guys are the ones to look after. Never knew the developer do care on the thoughts of having women as a lead role. Like there is this one game were they were thinking of including women but i think decided to scrap it and gave the excuse that they are now using that time and effort to boost other things in the game. So women for that game is exclude when the game is release and perhaps into the future. So your the first community manager i have seen apart from Star citizen to give a very clear explanation that we are not forgotten and that is very thoughtful! :slight_smile:

I am replying to your other post. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think saying “pro” is offensive to unskilled people.

X’D

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind an answer to my long-ish post.

thank you for correcting my spelling and protagonist is just another name for lead role. And no I am not a feminist as I am not calling for equal rights on all things for both women and men in reality. :slight_smile: I am a Christian. :slight_smile:

And the relevance to this is what?

Maybe a reference to Feminism as a tool of “The Adversary”.

There is no need to go into a long complex reply most of it now is just feedback to save you time from answering ever single thing I am asking. Perhaps just some question concerning the expansion and how much modification will you allow?

I understand DrFusse and this is the first time I heard such a reply but I want to encourage you that Star citizen also started out as indie from an small little room to several major offices around the globe! :slight_smile: And as i said i understand its beta and no new story line can be added but hoping this can change in the future. Because as i said just look at all the tactical shooting games its all made for men and women like me that like to play some of it cannot. :disappointed:

Its about relating to the character and the same could be said to guys would they play this game if Henry was Hannah? And all things feminine? Would they embrace the character? If your a guy you would like to play a character of your gender so its why it matters. It goes the same with playing certain theme games that if you really like to blow things up you be drawn to games with story line and character that role play this. However if you don’t like that and like things that are more story driven then fighting you would play games like Syberia a walk story simulator with puzzles.

I was attracted to the game not because I want to go into battle like the guys but that it had a rich medieval history. And I wouldn’t mind being an archer or having it so there are non lethal kills like a spy warrior?

Its why there was research to show more guys then girls like FPS while more girls then guys like RPG.

Anyway was this what your asking why does gender matter? However on a more deeper level perhaps these article can help?

Why do guys play as girls (Perhaps it might help the gender character issue)
why-do-guys-play-as-girls-all-the-time-online/

Then why not do a storyline between the brothers or even relatives? So at least Henry could be one of the relatives? And would it be such a compromise if there was two story plots where a women also enter into battle? Why would that hurt the game even if there was some bend to the story like having women? I was thinking about profit and how perhaps you can gain more followers instead of trying to be as accurate as possible? I know I keep saying that yes women are not in the battle field during those times but then does it mean that in the expansion there will just be no women in the battlefields at all because its not keeping to History? So why I asked why can’t they be this compromise? Who is going to notice? Will the wars play out differently just because women are they? Players are still going to hack down players whether it be female or a child character playing.

I use england cause Bohemia was still ruled by the Holy Empire. And just to get a little naughty not all the churches are in the game. :slight_smile: This church is missing and Jan himself is missing. http://www.bethlehemchapel.eu/en/

But why are you trying to recreate the History of that time? Couldn’t the developer be more creative and add more things and flare to it? So the history changes base on what the player does in the game? So what happen in reality might not happen in the game? Couldn’t it be like that instead of trying to recreate it with out modification? Isn’t this more exciting with out getting too drastic? Because then you can add things to the game that gives players more choices and diversity of how they shape the story? It means you can add women into the game and other realistic things that wouldn’t have happen during those times? Perhaps you could dispose of all the kings as an example and set up a rebellion? More options for the game so the game do not end so quick like a linear story. Players can keep playing it and doing new things to see what happens.

Because as i said again if you stick as closely to what happened in reality then again there be no chance for women to be in a lead role. If she was a lead role it probably will not be in battle and be something away from the wars? So how far are you willing to change it so these things can happen later on?

And with the two brother did they really enter into an aggressive battle? I have not found anything that shows that war broke out and put the whole region in danger because of these two. I made a post about the Hussite war but did not get feedback like i have with this. Are you saying this ACT will be included because it was about the Protestant defining the controlled Holy Empire.

Wenceslaus’ brother Sigismund of Hungary, who was “King of the Romans” (that is, head of the Holy Roman Empire, though not then Emperor), and heir to the Bohemian crown, was anxious to put an end to religious dissension within the Church. To put an end to the papal schism and to take up the long desired reform of the Church, he arranged for a general council to convene on 1 November 1414, at Konstanz (Constance). The Council of Constance (1414–1418) became the 16th ecumenical council recognized by the Catholic Church. Hus, willing to make an end of all dissensions, agreed to go to Constance, under Sigismund’s promise of safe conduct.

So everything was connected to the Roman Empire and he is was burnt at the stake in the end and will that be included in the game? Because that is how things escalated. That turn the region upside down and far more significant that disagreement of the two brothers?

And if that was included you could still modify things so players can change history and players can see how the actions and decisions can alter History! So again players could see what it be like to have a whole army of women? How would that be perceived by the Kings and Queens and even the public in the game? Instead of following a very straight forward History lesson and knowing what will happen in the end? It be like Deus ex Mankind divided where players can shape the story ending. But for your game your taking it another step further where you can be in power, decided how everything should run? Able to kill off or imprison important characters to change the story? Perhaps even prevent the Hussite war and as i said in the other thread even able to go on missions to safe Jan or even spy on him? Or even take out the people who want to betray him? You see all the possibilities and still keep it realistic? The Option can be there for players! If players want a full Historical play out of the story then all they need to do is do the right things as History tells and they will see an accurate portrayal of how it plays out. But the 2nd play through or with options to give them more freedom they could do different things, take different missions. Again have an army full of Women and be rejected and oppressed by the Kings or if not that then other things that can really change how it plays out in the end.

Players can be given freedom on how much change they want to alter to the Historical timeline and see how it carries out! Perhaps go on a quest to make the two brothers become friends instead of enemies? Or even just imprisoning them till one of them breaks? Changes the time line and see how the end will play out? Give players the opportunity to shape the views of the people of the land and find out what the Holy Roman empire thinks about it! Most probably they will want you dead that could be some fun! Now players have to fight agains’t the Empire and that could mean going into hidding and getting rid of those leaders silently? Or full blown combat to show you are now boss of the land?

Even give Women more rights to the land? Change the Political arena?

Why not have it like this down the track? Options for players to duplicate the History time line or alter it but still keeping it realistic and in that time period.

That could be the solution as I was typing this out on having women as a lead role in the game! Players who want 100% accuracy don’t need to change the story line to have women in the front line. They won’t see women in the front line they won’t see any kind of dramatic change. But like I said they can play it through again and perhaps they might want to explore the idea and see what happens? And as said could be many things? Both good and bad players can do most things to alter the timeline?

Both hardcore Historic fans will be happy and hardcore fans who also want History but do not mind modification can also be happy too!

How about that later down the road? Just opens up so many types of game play and then with adding mod to it? Well just look at Fallout 4, heavy metal gear solid with how many mods they have! :slight_smile: Players will keep on playing the game and each new play will be a new experience. :slight_smile: Instead of I played it and I already know how it ends?

This won’t be easy and its not to add dragons and wizards but just so you make it so players can have this control to alter the destiny of the story and shape it to what they see is best as an option! :slight_smile: Even again perhaps even after the first ACT they then decided that they want to modify history there be missions and path ways to allow that type of game play.

Will this be a challenge? Will this make players who want 100% accurate History happy now? No Women? No trying to kill of the Kings or Queens or anything like that? They just do not need to do any of those missions, do not need to enter into any of those dialog so they will never see it and so will be happy! :slight_smile:

The Developer will get what they want accuracy and at the same time alteration to the history time line for those who want to explore this whole new area when they get bored? They won’t be any pressure to do it on both sides they can simply just play the story and keep it accurate and not worry about all those options? And again no Fantasy world with dragons and magic just a very reasonable option to make sense why History has been modified and why they are women fighting and not men? Blame the person in power! She or he is the one setting all the laws for the land so that is why its possible! Now who say the eldest will take the throne? :wink:

Oh and with only guys taken the throne well as we all know wife’s can take the throne too and be just as powerful?

but I got to say that witch women in the forest will get burnt on the stake! Its not safe for women to be alone in the forest making potions because that will be seen as withcraft and the towns people will act on it and demand she be curse and burnt.

I am sorry I could not get to your other replies but I will soon.

Women in ancient time going to war as reference!
There is more but I justed listed a few so you can see its no fantasy!

Boudica (1st century CE): killed 80,000 Romans and burnt London to the ground
Arawelo (1st century CE): Somali queen who hung rapists, won war with all female army
Gualim (1st century CE): (“Forty Maidens”, got forty women to become warriors). Fought the invader Nadir Shah.
Zenobia (3rd century CE): Syrian queen who rebelled successfully against Romans, became gold standard for “strong woman” for centuries thereafter
Mavia (4th century CE): Syrian warrior queen who defeated Romans; more successful (but less well-known) double of Zenobia’s story
Princess Aspas (4th century CE): Commander of Persian police forces, name means “Guard of strength.” [had trouble tracking down primary source on this one]
Kawlah bint al-Azwar al-Kind’yya (7th century CE): Black knight who led army of women for Muhammad
Apranik (7th century CE): Persian commander for Sasanian/Sassanid Empire; continued with guerilla warfare after empire fell to Arabs
Dihya al-Kahina (7th century CE): Queen of the Imazighen, united them to fight against Muslim invaders
Gwenllian Ferch Gruffydd (12th century CE): Welsh martyr, name became a battle shout
Aoife MacMurrough (12th century CE): Irish queen, conducted battles (“Red Eva”), ancestor of many English and Scottish heroes
FreydĂ­s EirĂ­ksdĂłttir (10th century CE): While pregnant, grabs a sword, faces down her attackers, and stabs herself in the chest to intimidate the SkrĂŚlingjar (Native Americans) into running away.
Saint Olga of Kiev (10th century CE): Buried opponents alive, killed invaders using pigeons to commit arson
Matilda of Canossa (11th century CE): Defender of the pope; led armies into battle, accomplished archer, made kings kneel before her
Adelaide of Susa (11th century CE): burned down city of Asti
Khutulun (13th century CE): undefeated Mongolian wrestler princess, fearsome soldier, favorite of her father’s
Hangaku Gozen (13th century CE): Samurai warrior famed for her skill with a naginata
Koman (13th century CE): Minamoto samurai who saved the clan banner by swimming to shore with it in her teeth, while under attack by boat

Now now you would say I am lying if I suggested this for the game but its true! The Damsel in distress has become a fury dragon!

Lady Agnes, was left alone with only a retinue of servants and a few guards to meet the English siege, but she refused to surrender the fortress, by one account declaring that

Lady Agnes, was left alone with only a retinue of servants and a few guards to meet the English siege, but she refused to surrender the fortress, by one account declaring that…

“Of Scotland’s King I haud my house, I pay him meat and fee, And I will keep my gude auld house, while my house will keep me.”

Women occasionally commanded besieged mediaeval garrisons, for if the lord of a castle were away his wife might be left in charge; but Agnes’s is one of the few sieges which has been widely remembered. Though considered one of the ablest commanders of his day, Salisbury was obliged to lift his fruitless siege of Dunbar castle after nearly five months without success.

Salisbury began the siege with a bombardment by catapults, sending huge rocks and lead shot against the ramparts of Dunbar. Lady Agnes responded by having her maids dress in their Sunday best; she then led them to the outer walls, where with their handkerchiefs they nonchalantly and slightingly dusted away the damage from the bombardment. She would also taunt the English from her walls and berate her garrison to make them fight harder.

Montague next assaulted the castle with his battering ram. Agnes had a huge boulder, captured from an earlier attack, dropped over the walls which smashed the English assault machinery.

On June 10, 1338, William Montague ordered his army to withdraw, leaving Lady Agnes in sole possession of her castle. She is remembered in a ballad which attributes these words to Montague:

“Cam I early, cam I late, I found Agnes at the gate.”

This is so Hilarious I just could not believe it! I would also think its a lie but now I know its real and so it can be a believable scenario in the game!

I forgot to add this too:

Responding with horror to the execution of Hus, the people of Bohemia moved even more rapidly away from Papal teachings, provoking Rome to pronounce a crusade against them (1 March 1420): Pope Martin V issued a Papal bull authorising the killing of all supporters of reformers like Hus and Wycliffe.

The Hussite community included most of the Czech population of the Kingdom of Bohemia, and became a major military power. Under the leadership of Jan Žižka (c. 1360–1424) – and later of Prokop the Great (ca. 1380 – 1434), the Hussites defeated the crusade and the three crusades that followed (1419–1434). Fighting ended after a compromise between the Utraquist Hussites and the Council of Basel in 1436. A century later, as much as ninety percent of the inhabitants of the Czech Crown lands still followed Hussite teachings.

Do you even understand the concept of time and how it flows?

Jan Hus first started preaching in Prague in 1402 - Rataje is nearby, but not enough that his heresy would be a big thing there by the time the game is set in spring 1403.

Then there is a big gap after the game is finished before he is executed for his heresy in 1415, and the Hussite wars rage between 1419 and 1434.

What Jan Hus and the Hussites did after 1403 has absolutely no/zero/nada/zip influence on the activities of a handful of real life nobles struggling over the control of silver rich countryside in the context of a power struggle between two Kings (King of Bohemia and Holy Roman Emporer Wenzel, and his brother King of Hungary Sigismund).

Later acts will probably include more on events selected from the following events and Jan Hus will probably be more important in those later games… as will opportunity for more women in combat roles should the Holy War against the Hussites be a focus.

You’re basically saying: What if you make an entirely different game?

Game projects like this aren’t places for you to come in to create your own perfect vision, the concept of this game is set, and you’re asking for an overhaul. That is completely unreasonable, sorry.