Act II Discussion - MAJOR SPOILERS

Turn back now if you haven’t finished the main quest yet!!!
Ok so since Hans and Henry are on their way to Trosky castle at the end of the main quest I think it can be assumed that that is where Act 2 will take place. Anybody know anything about the area? Were there battles etc…? How do you think the story will progress?

You mean KCD 2, no? Act 2 is KCD.

I mean whatever they are doing next with the game, since it ends in cliffhanger. I know they combined some of the acts to make the game bigger but I think they still plan on continuing it with expansion. And vavra said he still has some tricks up his sleeve so I think that’s what it is.

the trosky castle is relatively new in Henrys time… it was build around 1380. In 1398 the castle got sir Ota of Bergov who wasnt ok with the king Wenceslav (and even then the king gave him the castle). The castle was under siege in 1424 by hussites army but wasnt conquered. In 1455 the castle was sold by son of Oto, John to sir John the Rabbit of Hazmburk, but he didnt live there. In 1469 was castle conquered by royal army and became only administration centre. After that the castle was sold few times and wasnt maintained so in 30years war it was ruin and it have never been rebuild.

here is photo of castle today: https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trosky_(hrad)#/media/File:Hrad_Trosky,_letecký_snímek.jpg

3 Likes

Thank you for the info! Interesting that Bergov doesn’t like Wenceslaus since he’s the reason we’re going there

it would be very interesting if the Henry and Hans would visit Hradec Králové (Koeniggratz). It was citi of queen and the bohemian queen Zofie live there in 1403. Its around 60 kilometers from Kuttenberg which mean its only 1,5 day of marching (atleast for XIVth and XVth century soldier… he had to march 40 kilometers per day in time of Charles IV.)

1 Like

I’m wondering if they will ditch cryengine and get U4 or something else. Not a terrible fan of it.
So… IRL did Sir Radzig have a bastard son?

1 Like

well… sir Bergov was member of Panska Jednota, which was something like bohemian parliament in those times and the king needed those nobles so it could be reason why he gave the castle to him. And main reason was probably he had a rank of podkomori (I dont know english equivalent for this) and he command Zemska hotovost which was bohemian army.

1 Like

unfortunately there is not much info about sir Radzig except he really left Skallitz during the storm and left only goat there.

The Skalitz castle was given to sir Jonh Sokol of Lamberk. It was in 1403 by king Wenceslav and there is no info about sir Radzig since then.

1 Like

So Hradec Králové is near trosky? If so that could be possible

no… it make triangle… Kuttenberg is left bottom, up is Trosky and right bottom is Hradec králové. Everything is 60-80 kilometers far. But if they would want to visit the queen, they need to presuade some high nobleman to help them. Sir radzig is not high enough to speak with the queen. But sir Oto is commander of bohemian army (or better, if noblemans gather the army he is official commander named by the king)… if they want to help king Wenceslav they need the army and ofc queen support would be great as well (she has a few big cities with a lot of men who can fight and has a money for better fighters-mercenaries). If they want gather bohemian army they need presuade panska jednota (the parliament) and then the noblemens are members (the most powerfull noblemens of bohemia) take their peasants arms them and pay the mercenaries. Sir Oto would command them and they can move again the enemies who are paid by Sigismund and eventuely march on Wien where Wenceslav is held. But thats the real way how it works then (and ofc the parliament were same like today… it tooks ages than they agreed on something). In the game it could be make much simplier. And ofc thats all only my theory.

1 Like

Very interesting theory I enjoyed reading it, I’ll have to look at the area on google earth. Do you think there will be more cumans in the next game? I was surprised at how few there were. And what about the bald German guy? I forget his name

Yeah there should be more cumans. They were citizens of hungary and Sigismund was hungarian king. Hungary was very poor country back than and Sigismund cannot pay better soldiers than them. The bald german guy is Ulrich von Aulitz, but i didnt find anything about him. Ofc he could be Ulrich von Jungingen, who was Grandmaster of Teutonic knight back then and fight with polish king. He died during war againts Polish-Lithuanian union.

1 Like

There is a lot of interesting historical places. The area is located in the north of Czech Republic. Kost and Trosky castles are the most known.

1 Like

Not much info about Radzig, only that he left the Skalitz castle during night and that he died in 1416 at Kuttenberg. He was brutally murdered along with 12 other men there. There was a guy named Robard with him there, I guess they could make this in the future game story.

1 Like

Thank you for the map of the area! Much appreciated I will have to look those places up. I have a feeling kuttenberg will not be in next act but maybe in future act/game since they reference it so much and because what you say of radzig and robard

I’m going to be sad if we see Radzig die. He is such a cool knight.

2 Likes

still I like the Hans more :smiley:

Hans is really awesome because you seen him and Henry’s relationship with him grow and change. I liked Sir Radzig, because he is the first parent/family in a video game I was planning on deleting the game if they made me choose between him or Lady Stephanie.

1 Like

Im sure we will.