Alpha Bugs list

If you attempt to start talk with an NPC when their are about to do some action (open door), chat will start after that so you can talk with a person behind the closed door etc.

Encountered a dialogue error. I pressed esc to fastforward the first sentence. The dialogue continued but I could not say anything nor leave the dialogue. I had to force quit

1 Like

Also the game does not work with VirtuMVP software. Itā€™s okay, a lot of games doesnā€™t, but you should know.

That has happened to me several times.

I found that when I had this dialogue error I was able to get out of it by pressing down as if I were moving down the chat menu and pressing ā€œEā€ to select it. Guess and check I get out and then reset the game settings for the subtitles they appeared after that.

Game crashed after attempting to equip my torch at night.

Iā€™m having the same issues with NPCā€™s rutines, and something invisible in the inventory panel http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/535126847988604701/FB6A584BC4E163F80285A220B8359F9A5E199093/

Not noticed anything else but the already commented in this post. Game looks pretty nice.

Not that bad of a bug but I found it hilarious when Henry tried to sharpen a torch.

6 Likes

Could you please tell me hod did you get the Bow ? I am looking someone who could give me some job but without success.
Thanks in advance.

At night I talked to a guy in armor and he told me to get back to him in the morning. He promised to teach me some bow shooting at the archery. Havenā€™t done it yet, but I think that is the guy you are looking for. He wears a helmet and at least iron leg protection.

I used Fraps to record some footage and it worked without a problem. Maybe itā€™s an nvidia problem, Iā€™m using an ATI card.

Most assuredly. Hereā€™s a walkthrough I just made up. (EDIT: Sorry about this being off-topic).

ALPHA SPOILERS##

So first you need to acquire 10 coins (youā€™ll need them later) so you need a quest which pays that much at least. There are two non-archery quests Iā€™ve uncovered so far but Iā€™ll tell you the easier one.

1. Talk to the Blacksmith and use all dialogue options (thereā€™s only one to start out with).
  2. Find the Farmer in the straw hat (youā€™ll see him when you first go into town. If you canā€™t find him, go back to where you spawned then walk down the road towards town).
  3. Steal the flute from the Blacksmith (itā€™s in his house. His house is close to his workshop, I think itā€™s white).
  4. Talk to the Blacksmith about the quest and give him the flute (DO NOT GIVE IT TO THE FARMER).
  5. He should give you ten coins whether you lie or not.
  6. Take the money and head to the range and wait for the bowmaster to show up (heā€™s goes after lunch unless he glitches out in which case he wonā€™t show up at all. This happened to me several times, just restart the game).
  7. Shoot a 10 or better and youā€™ll get more coin (can be used to bet/shoot more). Bet higher at own risk.
  8. Shoot a 28 or better and heā€™ll give you a bow and 30 arrows.

OPTIONAL
If you decided to give the flute to the Farmer (though I donā€™t know why you would) heā€™ll give you 8 coins. This means you need two more.

1. To get the last two, find the Shepard and talk to him.
  2. Go to the straw hat Farmerā€™s plot and look for a lost lamb (whatā€™s the singular for sheep? Sheep?)
  3. Drive it back to the pasture (itā€™s by the archery range) by walking behind the sheep (M&B:W style w/ cows)
  4. Once it gets to the pasture, youā€™ll get a cutscene.
  5. Find the Shepherd and heā€™ll pay you two coins and a torch.
  6. Continue to the bowmaster as you would normally (back to original step 6).

Hope that was helpful. Also Iā€™m really tired so sorry about the grammatical errors but feel free to ask more questions, I donā€™t know everything about the Alpha yet but Iā€™m getting there. Still looking for the wolves and bears. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Iā€™d like to add one more Magical River :smiley:
http://www.img-host.de/bild.php/52131,magicriverVVUDD.png
and an eyeless Zombie (dont ask why its greyscale, i do not have a clue ^^. @DEVS only the screenshot is in greyscale)

Try Dxtory, itā€™s way better anyway (feature wise). :wink:

My bug:
The game doesnā€™t start in the first place. No Game.exe visible in Task Manager either.

K so I will post some of my ā€œadventuresā€ :slight_smile:

Our lovely magician (or blacksmith)

And some other ā€œsettlersā€

And some hens (sure they are magical as well)

And some bugged window

Jesus is real

And last image is some buged sky

Ultra High details
1920*1080 windowed mode

Radeon HD 6950
AMD Phenom x6 1055t
Win 8

Yeah they even have some ghost in the games holding a Spoon

Fraps works perfectly fine with Nvidia cards. Recorded it absolutely smoothly.

You can find game.exe under your steam games folder.

I didnā€™t doubt that. I just recommended Dxtory because I think itā€™s the better program overall. Just try it for yourself.
:wink:

I know, but it doesnā€™t even try. Thatā€™s what I mean.
Double click the game -> nothing happens and no Game.exe appears in Task Manager.

I could not play it yet unfortunately as I will only buy PC sometimes next year.
I have watched all videos on you tube though and I would like to give some humble feedback anyway

amazing visuals (even on all low settings), good lighting, sun/moon effects, night is finally accurately dark, forest looks amazing already and overall feel of the world is very good
current build seems to be running ok on most configurations (only one utuber reported crash when his CPU overheated :D).
I did not see any Inventory/quest log issues
nice music and enviromental sound textures (how about adding wind sound, like fizz of leaves in the forrest meybe)
I also liked that you implemented proper animations of picking up objects (same tech could be used even for pushing doors, opening crates etc. maybeā€¦?)
GUI: compass/stamina bar does not need to be visible at all times (immersion breaker)
consider slowing down walking speed to some more natural value (unless it would get annoing)
add animation to climb over obstacels (not just jumping over it)
consider adding terrain effects (puddle splash when jumpig to water surfice and some degree of dirt movement effect when howing etc.)
some people want possibility to switch off motion blur when camera is moved quickly (I kind of like it)
I wonder how you go about kids - I would love to have them in the game (even if they have to be be immortal)
camera positioning in dialoges could use some improvement too
water seems to be displayded in weird colours on some configurations
I cannot say I am big fan of gui when choosing from dialoge options ( does it need to take half of the screen? )
many understanable NPCs glitches (flying or half way in the ground, walking thru walls. Animation triggered at wrong places etc.) And also floating objects

I know that all that is completely normal at this stage of the development and I am sure you are well aware of the job ahead.
Just wanted to thank you for excellent job done warhorse, keep up hard work! :smiley:
I am all hyped yet again

sincerely
Zikmund

Found the screen, iā€™ve met npc fishining in the night and his rod was in the air above his head.