Alpha Performance Thread

GeForce GTX 850M
Intel® Core™i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2,50GHz
12GB RAM
Windows 8,1
High graphics settings

Runs att just 20-25FPS, but atleast no crash…

Yeah man that’s how mine was going but been trying to work it out for a while(yeah normally happens when you swing around fast). Last night after that post I played it for a bit and must of had it on very high when it crashed, but when I got back on its worked fine with the very high setting. Don’t know what I did but it might help with people trying to track down the problem on very high :smile:

Maybe it´s the same problem.

After switching to very high I have to start the game completely new. It works now.

Look here!

Yeah man its been all good for a few days now. I changed the settings to very high it crashed and when I started it up again its working fine. It use to crash in the menu where you press enter but problem sorted cheers man.

Has anybody tested the differece between 4GB Ram and 8GB Ram (or more) on Alpha 0.21?
Is there a performance impact? (Should I buy more Ram for KC:D?)

Is it possible testing 0.1 and 0.21 generally (on the same system)? How?

This is the first game testing I have been a part of so please excuse my ignorance.

Seeing as I recently built a new computer and because this game is relative to my interests I thought I may as well participate.

Anyway, computer specs:

i7-4790
GTX 970
Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk1
16gb corsair vengeance pro 1600mhz
24" Asus monitor running at 1920x1080 144hz

I have done minimal testing as I only started this yesterday and I can run this at max settings including object distance , LOD distance and vegetation distance without crashing. 50+ fps on road areas and 40-45 fps in town and forest area and it looks very nice.

One thing though is as I’m moving down road areas for example the shadow side effect of the road seems to be developing as I am running thus creating a strange visual. I realise this is early days and once again please excuse my lack of testing.

Hi Everyone! I am having some troubles obtaining playable frame rates at decent image quality… The thing that seems to be affecting the frame rate the most is the resolution. For example when I run the game in Full HD 1920x1080 and with the settings on LOW, I get around 6-7 fps (some times with peaks of 13-14 fps, unfortunately only lasting fractions of a second). I know I can get decent frame rates (~25fps maybe a bit more) by lowering the resolution and these seem to stay stable (or at least they don’t decrease dramatically) even if I pump the settings up a bit (exlcuding the resolution of course) but the game does not look too good and still, in my NOT expert opinion, I think I should be able to get better performances seen my hardware specs. I am using a Vaio laptop (I know it’s a laptop, sorry) but the specs don’t look too bad to me! Again I repeat that I am no expert, that’s why I am asking here. I have had similar problems on other games as well so I decided to ask here once for all. Is there one of my components (or more than one) that are really bad and are causing these extremely low frame rates? Maybe the GPU? Or is there something else that can be affecting the frame rate?

Here are my specs:

Windows 7, 64bit
Intel Core i7-3612QM @ 2.1Ghz (QuadCore 8 Threads I think)
8GB of DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7650M
750Gb HDD (233Gb of Free space)

I think that my GPU has 2Gb RAM even though the DirectX diagnostic tool says it has 4Gb?? (I will post a screenshot of the Diagnostic tool and a screenshot of CPU-Z)

Thanks for your attention and sorry for the long post :smile:

The problem is the GPU.
I have a AMD 6950 2GB and I have at 1920 around 30 frames (high).
You have a notebook without the chance to upgrade the GPU.
The range between low and high at the framerate is not so big.
Sorry, I think you have to lower the resolution.
Maybe the released game has a better framerate, because it´s optimized, but nobody can guarantee that.

Maybe I can test next week the framerates on my notebook (AMD 5650M, but 1366). I will tell you the results.

Ok I see, I suspected that… Thanks a lot for the answer @Blacksmith !! Can I PM you for further questions?

My setup:
Hardware:
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU: Intel i7 4770K @ 3,5GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB 1600MHz CL10 (2x8GB)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 OC 2GB
HDD: WD BLACK 3.5" 1TB 7200RPM SATA/600 64MB
OS HDD: SANDISK ULTRA PLUS 2.5" 256GB SSD SATA/600 MLC

Settings: Very High
Draw distance: Max

WITH the ingame FPS measurement. i get an average of ~38FPS
In tight spaces it can drop to 24FPS.

Without the draw distance to max. I reckon i can do 50-60FPS

My Laptop:

DELL Inspiron N5010:

CPU: I3 M370@2,4GHz (2Core+HT)
Mem: 4Gb
GPU: AMD Mobility Radeon 5650

Have to lower the resolution to… 640X480 and LOW :smiley:
For frames over 25.
But I have framedrops and sometime 0.1 fps only :disappointed_relieved:

To play the game with this handicap is really hard, archery specially.
The good thing, I found the resolution bug.

After playing on Laptop it´s wonderful to play on PC again. :wink:

SPEC

CPU : AMD Athlon II x4 645 3.10 GHz
GPU : ATI RADEON R9 270x
RAM : 8 Go
ARCH : x64
DD : Hitatchi sata III 7200 RPM

SETTINGS

Everything on LOW
Resolution : 1280x1024
Object, LOD and vegetation distance : Default

PERFS

Average : 34 fps
Min : 20 fps (rare)
Max : ~ 40 fps

CONCLUSION

So it runs smooth enought to have a nice playing experience, exept in rare occasions where fps go down to 24 and even sometimes 20 !

My DD sometimes is 100%, and I’ve seen my CPU once at 100%.
I think those are reasons of those average-poor perfs.

I will try with a SSD (and maybe a better proc :smiley:) and will share my experience again.

Specs:

Windows 7 64 bit
AMD FX-8350 @ 4ghz
MSI Radeon HD 7970 3gb
2TB HDD

Playable on very high (30-50 fps, averaging around…38 I think?) except for one spot in the woods by the alchemy shack (fps tanks to about 23). Vegetation draw distance was the big fps killer for me, as expected. I had to take it down a few notches. Noticed slight stuttering when making a 180 with the camera.

High settings are much better (35-60 fps, averaging around 44) again, spot in the woods by the alchemy shack was tanking my fps to around 23. Made a few 180s with the camera and didn’t notice any stuttering.

For the alpha is 4 GB enough. There is no difference between 4, 8 and 12 GB Ram. But if the map grows, you need more Ram!

I upgraded from 4 GB (1333) to 8 GB (1600). The speed makes the differenz, but it´s only about 3% performance winning.

After this I flashed my graphiccard form AMD 6950 to 6970 :smiley:.
Now I have around 10-15% more FPS.

SPECs of my “new” System:

SSD 256MB (Samsung 840)
8GB (1600) (Kingston Hyper)
Intel 2500K @ 4000
AMD 6970 (@950+1450+20%) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I need more testing for an exact performance rating… :smiley:

So here are my results.

SYSTEM:

CPU: Intel Core I7 4790k @ 4,4 Ghz
GPU: Zotac Gtx 970 AMP Extreme 4GB @ 1495 Mhz
RAM: 8 GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3 RAM @ 2400 Mhz
HDD: Hitachi 1TB

SETTINGS:

Everything maxed out
Draw distance maxed out
Resolution at 1920X1080

One weird thing i noticed is if im in a cutscene my GPU and my CPU’s temperature rises about 5-10 degrees. My GPU goes up to 68 degree and my CPU up too 72 degree.Outside of cutscenes my GPU is at 62 degree and my CPU at 61 degree. Pretty weird if u ask me.
Also the GPU Load is not everytime at 99% even when i dont have 60 FPS.
I can play the game at 35-60 Fps with these speccs.

My CPU-Usage also circles around at 35-45%.

i5 3570 at stock speed
8Gb ram
msi 970 3.5+GB
SSD

Ran at max setting 1440p DSR on a 1080p monitor
Rarely dropped below 30fps with LOD, Object detail and vegetation maxxed.

Couldn’t get stable 60fps @ 1080p with max settings

Intel® Core™ i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60GHz
AMD Radeon R7 200 Series 2 gb vram
8 GB RAM
Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Edition (build 9200), 64-bit

getting around 20-30 fps on lowest settings and 1920x1080 resolution
any ideas why? is my gpu or cpu bad?

i7 5820k
16gb Quad Channel
R9 290 VaporX

Im expecting a beautiful realm.

Intel® Core™ i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
GeForce GTX 970 4GB
16GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium

I can run Star Citizen/ Far Cry 4/ Shadow of Mordor… in ultra settings for a very smooth gaming experience, but in this game even at low quality i’m around 30-40fps (only if i look at the sky will i get 60fps). Worse than that, when i’m in Kolben Estate or the camp i run around 15fps (low quality) and around 10fps (high quality)…

Any idea why?

It may be due to the monitor or the resolution, monitor response time is also very important, QuadCore ore dual core?.

In addition, the game is still in the alpha version

1 Like