Animals in the world of Kingdom Come?

Aurochs?! Sweet.

Slay the mighty extinct cow.

Have you ever been to Australia?

1 Like

I just cracked up at this. Yeah Australia has some nasty bugsā€¦but notā€¦ ā€œfantasy RPGā€ large. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yesā€¦ Falconsā€¦ yesā€¦ Let us promote Falcons more!

1 Like

It would be great if you can go on a hunt with a hawk.

3 Likes

It would be fantastic to get an animal in the world of KC: D like the Beast of GĆ©vaudan. Doing so wouldnā€™t violate the goal to keep the game realistic and rooted in reality. And the game would benefit in many ways from this. It would add a greater sense of danger, excitement, and unpredictability when venturing out in the countryside or woods. The world would seem much more mysterious and it would add a very appealing dimension to the game. Being able to feel the anxiety and worry of the beast popping out at you at any moment, I believe, would allow the player to be more fully immersed into the game.

It would probably suffice to just have a couple villagers talking about it and not actually have it in-game.

1 Like

Not a bad Idea but Iā€™d go with @Paladin
there are no beasts, it is a myth and we want to have a realistic game. It was probably a Wolf or something like that.
But villagers talking fearfully about a beast that hides in the woods and kills people randomly would be nice

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t call it a myth. Itā€™s more like a legend because itā€™s not made up but most likely a bit exaggerated. However, like I said before it shouldnā€™t be seen in-game.

A performing bear would be fun too, especially if a chance it could break free and kill its handler :slight_smile:

These would all be very nice, but ā€¦ isnā€™t there a problem with many (meaning 20+) NPC AI in CryEngine? With every animal being an NPCā€¦ that sounds impossible. I know they will try to respond to this engine drawback, but still ā€¦ I donā€™t believe dragon flies will actually be there as NPCsā€¦ they should focus on the game being entertaining and not superrealistic. My opinion.

Iā€™m worried that this would mean all my hunting trip end with me pooping myself in fear.

I like your idea Lord T. Why not realistic? This is actually a worth an investigation. Maybe in some 14th century bohemian annals is a mention of a man-killing boar or bear or a bizon that for these features has been called ā€œThe Luciferā€™s houndā€ or whatever that we could go hunt.

I know every body wants it to be super realistic, and I do toā€¦ till a certain pointā€¦ but people are forgetting its still a GAME first and foremost, not a Medieval simulator of the 1400s ( or whatever the time frame is) and that goes for so many other things Ive seen on the forum not only fauna

So saying this species isnā€™t located in this and that area is kinda retarded, I dont care as long as it feels as though it belongs there, obviously I dont want to see camels and penguins roam the countryside

Just your standard temperate forest type animal will do

Bear
Wolves
Badgers
Hares/Rabbits
Foxes
Birds
Squirrels - Would be so cool to see them running up and down trees :confused:
Boars

Iā€™ll take any of these things too. :slight_smile:

But alsoā€¦Falconsā€¦ we canā€™t forget Falcons.

At first I thought you misspelled ā€œpeasantsā€. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hunting peasants for fun. :smiley:

how game will add ā€œblack-deathā€ and rats and when you come sick how you look and can you do things after coming sick? these times in europe (i think) have plague and many were diedā€¦

I just came across this news article today about cats in the 1530s in Germany.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/03/06/16th-century-artillery-manual-rocket-cat-weaponry/?intcmp=features

Seems an interesting article, except for the time difference of 126 years later :wink:

Theyā€™re planning giant historical battlesā€¦ I think fitting a large number of NPCā€™s in a small area is pretty high on their to-do list.