Animals in the world of Kingdom Come?

Someone mentioned the 1,000,000 stretch goal is a dog companion.
(right now, I can’t see this being stated on the Kickstarter page)

This leads me to the question:
What other animals will there be?

Here are some examples off the top of my head in no particular order.
Please, feel free to add your suggestions/ideas.

Village/City: cats, rats/mice

Livestock:    cows, pigs, chickens (confirmed)

Wilderness:   frogs, hedgehogs, foxes, bears, boars, squirrels

Would be nice to have those, I think.

4 Likes

I wonder if there any wolves native to the region the game is set in.

I think frogs will be necessary since CryEngine has the ultimate toad tessellation technology :smiley: (2:25) :

13 Likes

i dont know if i wana name them all but what ever wild life that was indigenous to the region at the time

Wolves were spread trough whole europe by this time.
I’m not sure but i think that even today there are still a healthy wolves population in tcheque republic.

I would love to see a real wildlife where animals also have their “task” over the day. Like hunting, sleepimg, wandering etc.

Rabbits, deers, birds what more animals there are the more happy i would be :smile:

1 Like

Yes, in video update #5 they said animals are treaded as NPCs.
So, they will have their own day/nightcycle, too.

Even the whole (game) world is an NPC.
It’s nice to know such details.

Well, we’ve seen sheep, chickens, deer, and I think Dan mentioned a bear? Wolves seem quite likely as well.

3 Likes

Yes, I clearly remember there was a bear mentioned. Very cool!

According to all Videos/statements/interviews there will be for sure the following animals (changes can happen, nobody knows):

• warthogs
  • deers
  • bears
  • sheep/cattle
  • chickens
  • birds
  • horses (well… duh)

I am sure there will be some other kind/more of animals in the game. But from what we could experience or hear/read these animals are “confirmed”.

They (wolves) had been extinct for a while but recently they started coming back from the Tatry mountains in Slovakia. In 1400s you would have lots of them in the forests.

Nowadays there is a somewhat stable tiny pack of wolves in the east which wandered from Carpathian Mountains (Slovakia) few years ago. Some bears also occasionaly make it. If I am to mention some bigger predators in Czech Republic I would say lynx. They are prominent to the east (again it is the Carpathian population) and they were also reintroduced to Šumava (Bohemian Forest in English or Böhmerwald/Bayerischer Wald which are respective German names for Czech and German part of the south western mountain range). Also foxes and Mustelidae (weasels, badgers…) are very common of course.

2 Likes

Is this the confirmation of wolves, foxes lynx, weasels and badgers? :slight_smile:
What about other mentioned animals?

1 Like

Nope. Just list of what we can pick from when deciding what to implement
Also there are several deers (red deer, fallow deer, roe deer…), mufflon/mouflon, goat, european bison, wild boar, moose (got extinct at that time so rare), aurochs (already rare), otter, beaver, rabbit, hare, cat, noble crayfish, wide range of fishes, wide range of birds (duck, goose, swan, Tetrao urogallus, pheasant, eagle, owl… to name the bigger ones) and so on and on and on…

3 Likes

Hi,

In the 15th century the rat population was at high level at towns, especially at sewers. Mice appear at villages.
But I think cats were everywhere. I would be happy if these animals will be in the game.
And if there will be cats (and of course pussycats also, 2-3 from one birth together) in the game, then my wife would be happy also to see her favorite animals on my machine and let me play this game. :smile:

Domestic animals like pig, sheep, goat, poultry (would be great to see different kind like hens, cocks, gooses, ducks, turkeys or even peacock), cows, horses are also welcome. But maybe the people’s wealth didn’t allow themselves to hold all of these together, only the richer ones.
This could have combined with small children who play with these animals or just simply chasing them, or shepherd them to the meadow. Or sometime the peasant slaughter his livestock just for food.

Lot of good thing to be develop
:smile:

I’d love to see some Insects too like dragonflys near the water
it would add a lot to the whole atmosphere

3 Likes

What about giant spiders? Those are a staple of every rpg worth its salt.

NOTHING WITH DRAGONS! :stuck_out_tongue:

@OtyaBa

Horses are confirmed.
We need them to travel across the land by horse.

@MadSmejki
For how long will we be able to gallop?
What’s the maximum distance for the horse to hear us whistle?
Will there be a shed or something next to our “place to stay and live” where we can tether our horse(s)?
Will Dan (NPC) give us the dog?

Oh, and can you please delete the two spam posts of PR0Z4C?

Wolfes would be nice, but please no random attacks every five minutes or less. It doesn’t seem very realistic or fun. Also, some butterflies or normal sized spiders - crawling on the table in the kitchen or you belly in the dungeon. And, no giraffes or elephants in Bohemian woods please.

How about birds of prey so we can go hunting with them while mounted on our noble steed?    Some hawks and falcons..   some pigeons and pheasants for them to hunt..  :D   
4 Likes

Except giant spiders not actually being real.