Any news on new patch?

#Qanon be with you

See what you mean of course and I might put it out harsh, but even I can understand Warhorse might have been with their back against the wall (financially) when Deepsilver came along.
Still, giving them some understanding there, it does not fully get them in the free if you ask me. They should not have acted like the game is fine and release it full price, so the customer only then have to discover it is not a fine and ready game. Be honest (and I still would of bought it). But then again, they might were not allowed to.
Being a real estate developper myself, I find myself sometimes in comparable situations and you just have to buy the bullit then, like they say.

In the end, we both don’t know what the reasons are behind this. Personally I just think this new team was very passionate about this idea of a game and started full ambition, only to discover have way that they bite of more than they could chew.

2 Likes

Sorry, can’t see on wich post of mine you reply and therefor do not know what you mean.

In that I agree. A honest company goes a long way. But as you said, we don’t know if they were allowed too or whatever.

That one might also be true. High ambition is good but gamers, developers, movie-directors etc should always expect that it wont become/deliver it all (even if it will).

Sooo
 are there actually any news on the new patch?
I’m asking since apparently Daniel Vavra’s twitter seems to be the only place where you can find ANY information about it, which I find a bit unprofessional.
According to his tweet from march 14, the patch was going to be released “early this week”.

@warhorse any news, please?

1 Like

Why? There are enough bugs even without the new patch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Looks like there are still some testing going on:

last test version uploaded in steam a cople of hours ago and that was the same yesterday

I was waiting for the last 2 days to get the fix for random events and master strikes but as community has actually managed to provide a solution for both without waiting for warhorse, I think I will just use that and continue

random encounter fix:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/2949168687317976328/

Master strike fix
http://steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/1698293255133769702/

1 Like

Smoke more War Horse pole fan boi. Beastiality is illegal in most states. POLE smoker.

exit only imo.

unless one is poor, $60 isn’t much in any scheme. if one is poor, investing in a start up company’s maiden product is an economically irrational decision

WH is providing product support. that is part of what one is getting with the $60 purchase.

what is the price point for a defective as hell WH game (KCD) sold at discount vs a defective as hell Bethesda game (FO4) sold at full price
 head down that slippery slope and publisher is gonna be livid not just for loss of current revenue but also industry precedent that’ll imply they do likewise going forward

pure honesty. not going to happen. not now. not ever. for one, WH is bound by some degree of NDA with Deep Silver.

best one can hope for is evidence of due diligence and acting in good faith. some issues and bugs in beta appear not to have been fixed in release version. some of the bugs and design flaws at release weren’t hard to find (some hidden in plain sight). so, due diligence? hmm. good faith? Daniel has been pretty open in his English tweets on Twitter. Can’t speak for his Czech communications. the QA team is processing support tickets. got human replies from 3. to me, seems like they are acting in good faith to resolve the bugs, technical issues , and design flaws.

Buy a new car and you have to go back every week because the radio does not work, the steeringwheel is broken, your missing a tyre, etc.
Why complain if the company is trying to fix this for you, right?

If you think that is normal, be my guest. I do not.

Wow, thanks.
Especially for the Random Encounters fix. Didn’t know that one, but it actually worked.
Previously I used a save that’s been here around and it worked
 until I reached level 10. Now this fix with CheatEngine worked just fine.

Well
 seems like our community is doing a very good job, considering that the develepers are unable to give us a proper fix for almost 2 weeks now.

complaining doesn’t fix the new car. without a warranty (and legal return policy obligations of local jurisdiction), you can bitch up a storm and nothing’s going to happen. your opinion only matters to the car maker and WH alike in so far as your feedback (and others like it in aggregate) can influence others and harm near term sales and your feedback is a proxy for product loyalty and future potential earnings

btw, (1) if you bought the car missing a tyre, you have bigger problems. (2) i didn’t say anything about complaining and you ignored the point: users are getting product support and there is no rational incentive for KCD’s publisher to set a software industry precedent by slashing its own revenue stream when it’s competitors (eg, Bethesda) don’t for similar situations

You left out the most important part of his statement.

This is why the gaming industry thinks, scratch that, knows its ok to release broken products. It’s consumers think it’s ok.

#moneymotivated #cashgrab

they don’t think it’s ok. they tolerate it. there’s a difference

Don’t get it. Explain? Broken is broken, they knew it and still released it.

I understand the publisher probably put the squeeze on them to release on a certain date. WH could have at least ensured the main quest line was playable to completion and the corrupted save issue was resolved (a known issue for years on PS.) Lazy or incompetent, neither one a good thing for a fledgling indie.

they in my comment is purchaser/consumer. you switched the subject to WH/DS. be consistent.

buyers assume risk in their purchases. this is an old concept: caveat emptor. sometimes their purchase does not meet all their expectations ie, not ok. but, it satisfies in aggregate the demand of the purchaser ie, they tolerate it.

Aquinas is said to have indicated that if a vendor knew of a defect in the sold item, it was a sin and the sale was void. conversely, if the buyer realized he received more than paid for, he should recompense the vendor. (ever think of sending extra money to software studio for a game that you judge to be the dog’s bolllocks?) it’s a world view of trade during medieval times* that has some appeal but it’s not for the most part enforceable in today’s world.

*-can’t speak about Bohemia specifically but trade was not held in high esteem during medieval times

to me, that falls under the category of due diligence. i said ‘hmm’ meaning i have doubts. my dissatisfaction with the QA/QC is expressed on these forums

:nauseated_face: People still defending the indefensible.

Bottom line is they sold a broken product, they knew it. We still paid for it, and the circle goes on.

1 Like

@Hexxem are you incompetent or trolling? i questioned whether WH did its due diligence