Anyone else got the stutter this bad?

Hello everyone! Im on Xbox and i’ve been loving this game since I got it, but iv now hit some sort of wall. Im 35 hrs in and iv seen alot of quest bug threads but iv not had many, my problem now is the stutter bug as i’ve seen it called… everywhere I go, day or night, inside or out, town or wilderness… Im stuttering, and dont get me started on combat or bernard, holy s**t I can bearly land a blow for the glitching about. Last night I forced myself through it to play the mission with the Cuman and bandit camp, loved the mission but it was greatly dampened by the stutter so I stood back and let the soldiers do most of the work. Im now having to stop playing cause I cant do simple tasks such as walking through a town to talk to someone without horible stuttering.

Has anyone else got it this bad? More so on consoles but also PC.

3 Likes

Yeah, lots of people are reporting the same issue since the patch 1.3.4. It will get fixed with patch 1.4, which should drop this week (bit later on consoles).

Thank you I cant wait… I really want to get back into it

got it too. every time I rotate or move left or right the screen shudders and if I keep rotating it continues. At first release of 1,34 it seem to go away , now it back but not as quite severe as before.

Yeah it stutters for me on Xbox too. I’ve had some luck with reloading an old save. I managed to play for two hours straight with very minimal lag around towns. But the next night it was lag almost immediately.
It was so bad one night i got a headache and had to quit playing. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, until then I guess it’s sea of thieves for me.

Same here on Xbox one. I’ve even had cases where I’m sprinting through town while stuttering and Henry just stops running or goes to a walk. Riding a horse does the same

It seems to be related to dropping items in the world and the more dropped the worse it gets.

They’ve said it will be fixed in 1.4 so hopefully it will be. I’ve started a new game and I’m just not dropping anything and so far I’ve not had the problem back. It might seem a pain starting over again after putting so many hours in but for now it’s the only way it seems to fix the issue without trying to find a save that it’s not happening on.

Assuming that it is definitely related to dropping items, then not doing it in a new game should fix it regardless of if it does get addressed in 1.4 or not. I was waiting but decided that in case it doesn’t get fixed, starting again was the safest option to continue playing this brilliant game

That kind of makes sense as on my game I see a lot of pole weapons just dropped on the floor. I read a bug that said guards are just dropping them on the floor

I’m guessing the more you play, the more guards are dropping which means the stutter gets worse and that’s why its worse in busy cities (for me anyway)

Yeah, I’ve noticed since 1.3.2 that the guards are dropping weapons everywhere which isn’t going to help this bug at all. Hopefully all will be addressed in 1.4 but it’s still worth not dropping things in our end to hopefully reduce the amount of waste in the game

Not only halberds
Also bowls and tankards
Wenches drop brooms etc
The more you play the more stuff is lying around…

I need to climb into rattay at the moment :joy: jk

Also same here on PC. Now it got practically unplayable so i hope 1.4 will fix this.

I think it eventually happens provided you played the game long enough, it probably happens sooner on consoles but the same problem is plaguing PC as well. Main symptoms are stutter, bugged combat movements and character walking/running without actually moving, once you’ve reached that point the game becomes unplayable, you can either start a new playthrough or wait for the next patch hoping it will fix it.

Symptoms you listed are to every point accurate with my current state of game. I tried practically everything i could think of, but nothing helped and i dont wanna start new game as this will pop up again sooner or later, if new patch wont fix it.

Thank you all for you’re replys! The droped items thing sounds interesting, guards and citizens have droped a selection of items in my game so this could be the cause… im not willing to start a new game though untill the patch, if that doesnt work ill start again but its too much time to throw away the now

Same here, i do not want to throw 61 hours and start from beginning :smiley:

Ooft thats almost double mine, yea defo wait for the update

I’ve already started from the beginning again once and I really won’t be doing it again. Hopefully a patch fixes our current games as if not I expect it’ll be uninstalled and shelved

Try this if you have a 1080 Ti: run the game everything maxed out at 1080p, then go for a walk in Rattay in the midst of the night where all the guards have a torch.

Average FPS about 20 to 30. Nuf’ said.

I seen a post on here refering to the game having insufficient ram allocation, i dunno of this is true tho… surely a dev would know how much ram to allocate…

I have 1080Ti with almost everything on Ultra and 2K resolution and Rattay during night is quite ok. It has fps drops, but i wont get under 50FPS and mostly i am still around 57-60 FPS.