Armor 15-16 century. Mobility and simple movements. And much more

We did another photo session in the armor

5 Likes

Well looks like you’ve given me more videos to watch! :stuck_out_tongue:

The manufacturing process

1 Like

That red jack of plates is gorgeous. Just like the armour I want :wink:

2 Likes

Btw, how much would the red armour kit cost (in euros)?

1 Like

Hey. I apologize for the answer in a month :slight_smile:
All the questions here artarmor@gmail.com

Our last works

It would be cool that in this game would be our armor. I would provide more photos. But I understand that it’s too brazen of me.

7 Likes

Hui… that is looking beautiful. Unfortuantely it is a bit late to put this in the game I assume. I really like the Hounskull :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. More photos of Hounskull

5 Likes

Helmet rotation

3 Likes

Set “Richard”. Testing mobility

1 Like

Hi all! We make new video. Music and vocal written and recorded by ArmorySmith team (guitar, mandolin, bandura)

4 Likes

Great videos Emris! Thans for sharing! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I dabbled in reinactment in my younger days, 40lbs of armour in the non-coreographed ‘Grand Melee’ plus another 12lbs for the helmet (more modern materials hidden under the steel of the helm i have to admit hading been belted round the back of the head with a 5lbs axe it still hurt like hell).

A lot of the misconception of full plate turning you into an armoured turtle and being unable to stand up if knocked over stems from ‘Jousting/Tournament’ armour which was often 90lbs in weight (something to do with a 1300lbs horse barreling towards you carrying a 250lbs rider with 12 foot long lance in his hand). if unhorsed the shock of hitting the ground at around 18 mph wearing 90lbs of armour means you won’t be getting up any time soon!

Modern reproduction armour benefits from better metals, and for non combat, aluminium chainmail is readily available weighing a fraction of the original weight.

The last point is that roughly speaking we are about 6 inches taller and a lot less thickset than the average middle age fighter who additionally would be considered really old if he hit 40 let alone any older.

2 Likes

Some our tools.

3 Likes

Wau,… the tools look marvelous! Would be perfekt for my icon… :smile:

1 Like

love the opinion top bascinet with hounskull visor. that’ll definitely be my main helmet in the game

1 Like

Checked the armor at the photo shoot.

WOW…this is a very impressive thread…WOW
Great Handcraft!!!

1 Like

Most of these helms are just sport helms and not accurate, but it’s not like the helmets in KCD are historically accurate anyways, especially when for some reason the armor is based off of BOTN crap and not real gambesons/jupons. The collars and cut sleeves are just hideous compared to the historical deal.

2 Likes

The helmet is made by the size of bascinet found in Ukraine. The original is in the collection of Eugene Gredunov. In this series, I perform the final molding of the visor, making loops, holes and grinding. In the manufacture of electric welding is used as there is no task to restore the manufacturing process of a medieval helmet.