Armor 15-16 century. Mobility and simple movements. And much more

This is a shortened version of the video which shows how you can make a cold elbow (except for hardening).

Forging kneecaps for plate leg style Kasten-Brust Armor.
Material: 1,5mm 30hgsa.
Methods: Dishing, Raising.
Kasten-brust armor is a German form of plate armor from the first half of 15th century. Collective armor from several medieval miniatures.

Best thanks to the author - like and repost. Thank!

It is shown how to forge one of the types of triangular rolling on the armor. Plate leg armor element of the Kunst Schott Von Hellingen Armor. During the production of this plate armor there will be videos about how is the real medieval knight armor is forged.

Material: steel 30hgsa, thickness 1.2 mm.

1 Like

Best thanks for armorer - knight’s like and repost. Thanks!
Subtitles are ready.

In the video, I continue to forge a medieval helmet. Now I need to forge two visors and install them on the helmet.
The close helmet is one of the variations of the classic armet. It had appeared in the late 15th century and drove out the classic armet as it was more practical and easy to use.

Steel thickness:
Helmet skull - 2.5mm
Lower visor - 2mm
Upper visor - 2.5mm
Material - steel 45
Methods - welding, dishing, Raising.
Forging took 12hours 30min.

1 Like

Forging metal face Bagatur. Eastern helmet for fight.

Best thanks for armorer - knight’s like and repost. Thanks!

As it is known, European armor is the most suited armor for medieval sports fight. But what about armor from Kyiv Rus or East? That is why I forged this helmet, combining Eastern style and main principles of protection of the European helmets.

1 Like

When the gunpowder appeared and bullets started to break the armor the masters of those times started to make the armor thicker. To check the cuirass they would make a test – they shot it, if the steel didn’t break the armor it was considered good. The spot of the bullet wasn’t fixed, it was used as the proof of the armor’s quality. This video shows the test with the weapons used in buhurt. Falchion, mace, grand falchion, poleaxe, halberd. Weapons as in the Medieval times – real, tempered, but blunt.

As we were testing it, we damaged a weapon a bit. The pole of the halberd broke, poleaxe cracked, the top part of the grand falchion broke.

People not familiar with buhurt think that this kind of hits will break the neck instantly. The helmet is made in a way that if you raise your shoulders, it will rest on your body. This way you can face poleaxes without any harm to the health.

1 Like

Is that a real replica or a self made version from manuscripts?
I’ve didnt find any references to that purchasable helmet!

Better to ask here.

1 Like

The armor in Kastenbrust style can be found on the medieval images. There is almost no armor of this style preserved to our days. Their recreation is only possible using medieval statues, bas-reliefs or images. There are a lot of them, which proves that this type of armor was widespread in Germany and Flanders in the first half of the 15th century.
1 Like

ENGLISH Subtitles
In this video, I make the medieval armet on based on two artifacts. They are the Italian sallet (which is what it says on the picture) and the visor which looks like it is german. Even though the source is the skull of the sallet, the right classification for this helmet - closed armet for the fight with clubs on foot. This is not historical reconstruction. Just a stylization of the helmet of the end of 15th century.

The double visor of the armet used in the Medieval war and not in the tournaments was quite a breakthrough. With the top visor lifted the knight could see, breathe and hear good with the small part of the head uncovered. The grate visor is great for sports knight tournaments. It provides good breathing and vision.

Kunst Schott von Hellingen. The knight from the noble and ancient family. At the end of the 15th century, the city of Nuremberg promised a reward of 2000 guldens for the head of Schott von Hellingen. The time of his activity was the most blood-stained one throughout the whole history of this city. The Schott’s knights constantly ambushed Nuremberg’s soldiers and not many came out alive.

The armor was made in the time frame between 1490 and 1497 years when Schott and 40 other knights owned a castle in Rothenburg.

Now I’m editing two videos. One about a bacinet found in Ukraine, the second about plate arm armor based on the tombstone of a knight Georg von Waldburg. And while I was editing, I came across my old videos from 2015. I had a bad camera back then, and I was working in my old little workshop.
I decided to make a new edit and show it to you. If this quality scares you off, please write in the comments. I have one more old video which I would like to remake for history. Just to compare how I’ve worked previously and how I work now.

The helmet was accidentally found on the Bukryn base. This is the medieval bascinet of the unknown European knight. On the territory of the modern Ukraine there was no production of such armor, and such European finds are rare there. But there was a couple of them. A several pieces of European armor are documented to be found in Ukraine.

The helmet is made of mild stee , 2mm thick.

I tried to make a Cuman helmet. How it turned out?

Helmet for buhurts on steel weapons. Would you like to do buhurt? Do it beautifully and safely. Shock content for reenactors :slight_smile: Joke, this product is not a reconstruction, but a stylization for sports.

The basis for the helmet are artifacts of the helmets of the Polovtsy, Cumans, and Kipchaks, but improved for normal buhurt adaptation.