Autosave Progress

Dear Warhorse, please make the autosave progress more frequent. I don’t want to ruin your Schnapps idea, but at least makes the autosave more frequent between the sub-quest progress.

For example , the main quest contain tasks :

1. Buy x item, (after completed please make an autosave)
  2. Beat x guy, Autosave
  3. Talk to x guy, Autosave

A good autosave example is in the AC : Origins. Even you only buy 1 item, the system save for you.

I hope this is going to be fixed because the autosave gap is very long,some people complaining about this too. Thank you.

1 Like

It’s not broken, so there’s nothing to fix.

This is all by design, to make players be careful about their actions and how they play. Want to save more… buy more Schnapps :smiley:

3 Likes

and get more drunk
who can argue with that

Use sleeping. If you sleep 1 hour in your(!) bed the game saves.
There are taverns you can rent a bed… (permanent!) 200-250 groschen

1 Like

Thanks man!

-good example
-uses Ass creed
no. go away casual.
the schnapps idea is genuinely fantastic and it will deter players from save scumming
hopefully the devs keep to their original vision.

1 Like

That idea came from these very forums, so praise the community feedback! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There will definitely be coming a mod to change the save system. I garantie you that.

1 Like

Trully, but they will mod everything… :slight_smile:

I’m on console so there is no mod. they need to fix this. There is another topic similar to this issue, complaining about the save system. And so the other forum too.

Interesting to see now if the devs will bend the knee or stay true to their vision.

If they stay with their vision, they didn’t make it for a bigger audiences. It’s up to them then.

Yes it is. Ball is in Warhorse’s court.

Dan doesn’t strike me as a man who likes to capitulate though… however money talks louder than conviction in the real world.

Lost 2 hours because crashed and no saves despite quite significant trading etc. On earlier game, got to end of prologue in skalitz and was notified of new quest. Quit the game and lost entire prologue. Good enough reason? Maybe an autosave every 30 mins or after trading as items??

If your on pc use this. I will not play without it. Lost to much progress to often.

I thought the save system sounded good but it is actually utter trash. I do not save scum that often with the mod just like to be able to save when I want and not running around for a half hour just to save.

2 Likes

I’m all for letting people save when they want to, I’m a serial save spammer myself…

So despite the fact that I support WH’s design decision, I believe that it certainly could’ve been handled much better given the bugginess and general stability issues the full release has had (and potentially continues to have for some players and platforms).

The unlimited save mod was a God send :smile:

It’s broken. I have a ton of Schanpps, but they don’t do me any good when the game randomly crashes to the desktop or freezes up. I understand the intent, and it would be great if the game wasn’t so bugged. What modern game doesn’t have some kind of autosave feature?

If they wanted players to make better decisions, they could have implemented something like Europa Universalis IV’s Iron Man mode. It allows you to save as many times as you like, but you can only load the most recent save, and the autosave interval can be adjusted by the player in the options. This ensures little to no lost progress in case of a crash, encourages players to make wiser decisions, and still prevents save scumming.

Also, it’s pretty imersion-breaking, having to go into your character’s inventory and consume an in-game item just to be able to save your game. I don’t mind having to clean my armor, repair my weapon, eat, sleep, etc., but a 15th Century Bohemian never had to worry about saving as part of his daily schedule.

1 Like

Never had a horse that could teleport.
Had to go to the toilet. Daily.
Couldn’t master every medieval weapon within a hundred hours.
Couldn’t brew magic potions.

Do you see where I’m going with that? …It’s all a matter of perspective and opinion as to what’s ‘immersion breaking’ for some, and not others.

It’s a game at the end of the day, a flawed yet wonderful game. Some things they got absolutely right, whilst other things missed the mark for many. It’s a learning curve for WH… the follow up should be that much better because of all these lessons learned.

Anyway, if you refer to my previous post directly above yours, you’ll see that I was and still am in favour of letting people save when they want, as many times as they want. The idea was a good one, yet unfortunately the execution simply wasn’t.

2 Likes

I get you. The immersion aspect was just an afterthought. My main gripe is the lack of regular autosaves. When I posted that yesterday, I had just lost two hours of game play due to two CTDs, both during the main quest in the Monastery. All my worldly possessions had just been taken, Schnapps included, so yeah… Really frustrating losing game progress because of technical issues.

It shouldn’t be that difficult to implement a reasonable autosave system and still keep the game “hardcore”. It’s a quality of life feature that nearly every game from the past decade has made use of, and on a game this buggy, should be viewed as a necessity.

I completely agree with you.

No modern game should ship without having a stable save state capability, however that gets implemented… In this instance due to the attempted innovation to align with a perceived more ‘realistic’ or hardcore notion around saving, coupled with the inherent bugs and other technical issues the game continues to experience; you get some unhappy customers *depending on platform though too.

Anyway, they’ll fix it, they’ll learn from it and they’ll do it better next time. Otherwise they simply won’t and then all of this would have been for nothing :smile: