Backer copies only redeemable on Steam

I assume you used a different Email on Kickstarter, do you remember your email? Can you PM me about it? Or your backer number would be helpful as well.

You should all calm down a bit. Gog has the option to copy games from steam if the Publisher of the steam game allows it and its available on both platforms. I wouldnt complain before this way isnt confirmed as not possible. Fun fact by the way I use steam since 2004 and all the games I bought there including said 2004 Titels I can play to date…

Ahh, well top o the mornin to ya McWonderBeast. Oh, and thank you for the e-mail inviting me back for more enlightenment. You sir, are clearly the embodiment of knowledge, professionalism and, I dare say, dedication. A tip of the hat and a raised pint in your general direction. Cheers!!!

Using GOG Connect might be a good solution for backers who’d like a GOG copy. I hope to see that at some point.

2 Likes

Are those who wanted a GOG copy required to wait 2 weeks before being able to choose that option in the backer rewards?

No, sorry. Everone get´s the same. Only Steam.

The devs have said, that backers only get Steam, while non-backers can chose. Very unfair, if you ask me, which is why I hope they will change their mind and make GOG possible for backers. We helped make this game possible after all.

5 Likes

Please reconsider the GOG keys.
I supported this game in may 2014 and for sure I will not mind that game on GOG will be available 2 weeks lather then on Steam .

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more that making the game available to non-Kickstarter backers on a no-DRM platform like GOG, while limiting KS backers to DRM, is an extremely poor decision on Warhorse’s part. I hope they work to correct this misguided policy over the next few weeks; otherwise, I may need to request a refund and pick the game up later on GOG myself.

3 Likes

Steam have DRM options but Steam games don’t have to use Steam’s DRM. There are many Steam games you don’t need Steam launcher to play after installing the game.

Yes we know. But some of us wish to remain ignorant of that fact so we can justify our unfounded hatred of Steam. Is’t it obvious?

1 Like

I also would like to be able to receive the GOG.com version of the game much rather than the Steam one. I initially just pledged for this game to support it, knowing that i most likely would not be playing it cause it seemed a Steam only release. Seeing now that it comes to GOG as well got me very happy, but alas, seems it was a mistake to support this game early in this case. Should have waited till now and buy it on GOG.
Well, fooled me once, won´t fool me twice.

5 Likes

+1 for GOG key.
i’ll don’t generate my steam key, while we didn’t get finally answer.

on Kickstarted you says nothing about types of release, game planned to be in 3 parts. Many things changed.
not so long ago, a survey was conducted on which platform we wanted to get the keys for - and GOG was absent there. it’s not fair.

4 Likes

I’m also not activating my Steam key for now, will wait what happens. Hope they change their mind, or at least enable GOG connect.

4 Likes

First of all: I wish KCD will succeed and will be as great as this game could be. That is why I backed it years ago. And I also wish WH best of luck in the future, because they really came trough a long way to make KCD and I believe they deserve praise for that. And that I will play KCD on steam anyway, now the situation is clearer.

Yet I feel that we are being slapped for backing this game too early.

This GOG controversy could easily avoided/defused with proper communication. Many thing can be explained and forgiven, but without communication It’s hard to sympathy with Warhorse on this.
I believe that GOG option was probably distributor decision, which WH couldn’t affect, and therefore it’s not their fault, but preorder option on GOG appeared on FEB 2, 2018, and to this day, there isn’t ANY official response from WH (please, correct me if I’m wrong).
Only info we got were compiled by members of community and there were also lot of arguing, speculations, etc. ONE response (or sticky thread) would be enough to stop this.

It could be something like:

“It’s not in our hands, but we will talk to publisher and try to make it happen.”

And don’t forget that this communication silence occured while many good looking trailers/gameplay videos were produced, probably to boost sales and increase already hyped expectations, yet there were no time to listen to community.

Many smaller studios/developers stick to their KS promises, even if it probably costs them a lot more than they expected, because their reputation is at stake. Well, it seems WH doesn’t care too much about that now.

This experiences (along promised Linux version, not clear information about physical edition during KS pledge, …) made me think twice about supporting any future WH project, unless it’s finished product.

Dear Warhorse, I still wish you success and I’m looking forward to playing KCD, but please learn a lesson from this - listen to community and talk to us, don’t bite the hand that once fed you.

Sincerely yours
backer

8 Likes

I sure do wish that I knew how to play the violin right about now.

Yeah, communication would be the key here…

2 Likes

I funded the following games on Kickstarter…

… and received a gog.com key for:

• Double Fine Adventure (Broken Age)
  • Wasteland 2
  • Republique
  • Tex Murphy - Project Fedora (Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure)
  • Dead State: The Zombie Survival RPG (Dead State: Reanimated)
  • Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent’s Curse
  • Project Eternity (Pillars of Eternity)
  • Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey
  • The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
  • Torment: Tides of Numenera
  • Sunless Skies

… and have no doubt I will receive a gog.com key for following games:

… and highly doubt it for the following game:
Star Citizen (Chris Roberts will probably create his own platform :wink:

I would be really happy to receive a gog.com key for Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

5 Likes

Dislike for Steam is hardly “unfounded.” But if you like Steam for some reason, that’s nice for you.

Still waiting to see how/if things develop to give loyal Kickstarter backers a GOG option.

3 Likes

Yes, I realize that, but despite the uninformed contributions in support of Steam from other posters in this thread, KC:D uses Steam’s DRM. I’d rather not have to log in to my Steam/internet connection every time I want to play the game, but now I’m stuck with Steam, and there’s no way for me to sell my Steam copy so I can instead buy a proper non-DRM copy on GOG. Extremely disappointing.

1 Like