Backer copies only redeemable on Steam

+1 vote for GOG version for backers

5 Likes

I donā€™t know about the badge thing, but am still a backer.

Here is what I got back from my earlier email to Warhorse:

we donĀ“t provide distribution channels and GOG option was created just recently. However, GOG will available as late as from February 27th on the other hand. As a developer we canĀ“t do anything about the distribution channels.
Thanks for your understanding.

ok thanks for the clear up
so apparently its not in their power do to something about it
maybe there is still a solution, I hope for you there isā€¦
about the badge, can you sign in on this page:

there you should see what youā€™ve backed and there will also be the activation code once the game is released

Should it indeed be impossible for you to get GOG keys out to us yourselves or via your publisher, you could at least put it on GOG Connect, so that those who want can get the GOG version by connecting GOG with Steam.
Please do something about this! I donā€™t want to regret having backed your game.

5 Likes

Well anyway, thanks for the replies. I see no point in kicking a dead horse, so to speak. Either way I know this time next week Iā€™ll be in the woods from time to time picking mushrooms and singing Warhorses praises. As well as treating cumans and footpads to a thin smile from my war axeā€¦

I can sign in there, but there is no backer level.

Looked at my kickstarter email and it said to login and input a code, but there is no spot on the form for that either. Oh well.

Woot Steam For the Win

2 Likes

Agree. Vaping is for the winners.

2 Likes

Itā€™s quite ironic to want to play an rpg with no trollsā€¦ And yet.

Who said, that theyā€™re canā€™t be IRL? :wink:

No its not.

Trolls in a game and trolls in real life are a false equivalent.

@DrFusselpulli can you look into that please? Thank you!

1 Like

Same here , baked for a Mac Version and must install Windows only to play KCD with the hope of getting a Key for a Free Version and not for Steam.
Cannot play it for a year because i lost my Windows Installation (SSD defect).
Hope we baker will not be disappointed!

Iā€™m also disappointed that we arenā€™t given the option to choose between GOG and Steam. I for one do NOT mind having to wait until later this month to play the game on GOG. I prefer owning the game rather then renting it for an unknown amount of time on an online platform, so the Steam key is completely worthless to me.

2 Likes

I assume you used a different Email on Kickstarter, do you remember your email? Can you PM me about it? Or your backer number would be helpful as well.

You should all calm down a bit. Gog has the option to copy games from steam if the Publisher of the steam game allows it and its available on both platforms. I wouldnt complain before this way isnt confirmed as not possible. Fun fact by the way I use steam since 2004 and all the games I bought there including said 2004 Titels I can play to dateā€¦

Ahh, well top o the mornin to ya McWonderBeast. Oh, and thank you for the e-mail inviting me back for more enlightenment. You sir, are clearly the embodiment of knowledge, professionalism and, I dare say, dedication. A tip of the hat and a raised pint in your general direction. Cheers!!!

Using GOG Connect might be a good solution for backers whoā€™d like a GOG copy. I hope to see that at some point.

2 Likes

Are those who wanted a GOG copy required to wait 2 weeks before being able to choose that option in the backer rewards?

No, sorry. Everone getĀ“s the same. Only Steam.