Baptism By Fire Crash

and i will wait for the next patch when the bug is fixed

XBox One:
Possible work around.
For me this worked.
I got up to the video of Runt and Henry several times and the system crashed to the XBox Main Menu.

On the last Video scene the screen went black.
In my frustration I pressed the “B” , “Y” and “X” and after a few seconds the loading icon appeared and the fight loaded.
Runt beat me several times, and the game exited to my last save, which was at the Gate.
So my method worked several times for me, though I only pressed the “B” button on my controller to get from the black screen to combat with Runt on the several times he beat me.
After I beat him, game proceeded as expected. Played two videos and then I believe it took me back to Rattay where another video played.
I have not had any crashing problems since.

What’s the usage of the b button, may be similar on computer, just of course a different key.

back ……10 characters

I can see some are still having trouble, so this is exactly what I did to stop the church attic cut scene crash:
Boot up the game.
Load “Nest of Vipers - Quest started”.
Immediately that saved game starts, exit.
Load “Baptism of Fire - Cuman Camp” saved game.
Fight through the whole battle without getting killed.

After doing that the game did not crash after the end of the cut scene in the attic and I was able to fight and kill Runt.

If you only have the first Baptism of Fire save I suggest you carry on until you get the second save just outside the Cuman lower camp where radzig’s men have pushed the cart aside. Once you’ve done that then exit the game and follow what i wrote above for the process.

Hints for not getting killed and getting plenty of Radzig’s men staying alive: when “Baptism of Fire - Cuman Camp” starts, let Radzig’s men go into the camp, then set fire to the big straw pile outside the camp. The smoke makes all the archers come down from their position and get into the fight. It stops them sniping from above Radzig’s mens position in the melee fight.
Just make sure you stay alive or you’ll be doing the whole damn process again LOL!
Good luck!

3 Likes

It’s the “Back” button on XBox controller.

I’m assuming you have to equip your torch?
Reading these posts just makes me realize how many options this game gives us to get the job done.
Clever and well thought out.

No need to equip your torch to set fire to the straw pile, game just gives you the option to do it anyway. Press E and it sets alight :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, i have exactly the same issue, the game first crashed before the battle on the church’s roof (after the door broken), so i decided to improve my character by doing some other quests, and did once again later “baptism by fire”, this time i could challenge the guy on the roof, the fight was hard but i succeded, and then another crash at the end of cutscene!
I wrote to the devs, they answered me that a patch will soon be ready and will correct those bugs. but when, i dunno…

1 Like

I actually pressed the “B” button after I beat Runt and another black screen appeared and seemed to be taking to long for me to get the loading icon.
I was so paranoids of losing that data because it took me 5 or 6 times fighting Runt till I beat him.
I was pressing the “B” button anytime I got a black screen, but after about 3 black screens I stopped pressing the b.

The problem is that i play on PC device, without any joystick (just on keyboard and mouse), so no “B” button for me.
Me too after the crash the save point remains at the beginning of the roof fight, and this is pretty annoying because i won that fight which was very difficult (by the way i bought some potions and just when the fight started i pressed ESC (pause) and i could drink my potions (of life and damage), also my weapon isn’t a sword but a war Hammer, easier to use). I hope that the patch will be released really soon.

1 Like

HOW IT WORKED FOR ME
[PC / cheat mod installed (bc the game once stole all my gold after loading a safegame)]

Just made an account to let you know, how it worked for me

I had a crash every time after the cutscene when you enter the church. Played it multiple times (pain in the ass), but it didn’t work.

After restarting not only the game but also steam, I just continued from the main menu (second stage when you have to kill the archers).
This Time it worked, I did not cancel the cutscene and I could fight and finish normal

Hopefully the issue is resolved soon enough, Until then attempting all fixes would not be a bad idea for anyone experiencing this problem. I’ve seen multiple ways of possibly fixing it, To summarize

XBOX - GJSterpka (thanks)

"XBox One:
Possible work around.
For me this worked.
I got up to the video of Runt and Henry several times and the system crashed to the XBox Main Menu.

On the last Video scene the screen went black.
In my frustration I pressed the “B” , “Y” and “X” and after a few seconds the loading icon appeared and the fight loaded.
Runt beat me several times, and the game exited to my last save, which was at the Gate.
So my method worked several times for me, though I only pressed the “B” button on my controller to get from the black screen to combat with Runt on the several times he beat me.
After I beat him, game proceeded as expected. Played two videos and then I believe it took me back to Rattay where another video played.
I have not had any crashing problems since."

PC - PaladinFX (thanks)

“I can see some are still having trouble, so this is exactly what I did to stop the church attic cut scene crash:
Boot up the game.
Load “Nest of Vipers - Quest started”.
Immediately that saved game starts, exit.
Load “Baptism of Fire - Cuman Camp” saved game.
Fight through the whole battle without getting killed.”

Unsure what sys - AWSMpb

"HOW IT WORKED FOR ME
[PC / cheat mod installed (bc the game once stole all my gold after loading a safegame)]

Just made an account to let you know, how it worked for me

I had a crash every time after the cutscene when you enter the church. Played it multiple times (pain in the ass), but it didn’t work.

After restarting not only the game but also steam, I just continued from the main menu (second stage when you have to kill the archers).
This Time it worked, I did not cancel the cutscene and I could fight and finish normal"

As well as you can just play multiple times, boltie, “Well, on what must have been my 12th attempt, the cut-scene played and it didn’t crash to desktop. Just fought and killed Runt. I didn’t do anything different.”

Hopefully that patch is released soon!

The real question is:
Is it fixed with Version 1.6???
There is no feedback from people using Version 1.6…
Everyone playing the new Version should give a comment if it’s working or not!
If not please report also to WH:
Support@kingdomcomerpg.com
Thanks!!!

1 Like

Have too tried the key that would be your “Back” button?
On XBox we have a cross bottom “+” and each end of the cross has a function.
The bottom end brings up Inventory. To close Inventory we press “B” button on the controller.
You press ESC?
I would try CTRL, ALT, DEL at the end of the Runt battle.
That should get the programs attention, if not the Window’s operating system.

^
10 chars…

It is fixed. No issue with it today.

Good to hear, I’ll test in a few minutes and confirm/deny such things!

I finished the quest last night with no issues.

wow, they actually got something right