Baptism By Fire Crash

I haven’t done it yet on 1.5 but on PC before, other than crap FPS(5-8) I had no Problems and the runt fight running in the 25FPS range.
Is it mostly a platform thing? or 1.5 related?

Any news on the patch? Right now, the game is totaly broken.

the Hard core was announced at the end of june…soooo 1.6 then too?

well, theres been several workarounds but no one apparently bothered to try them

Because nobody wants to play through the same thing two dozen times with only a small chance that itll work lol noob

it is not fixed,I’m getting the same crash

How would you know when you’ve not even tried? Logic says hello.

I’m on PC and have encountered this bug 6 times. Ive tried all new save files and restarting the Baptism of Fire quest from the start. I hope the fix is deployed soon. I’m enjoying this game but I cannot progress.

did you try pressing esc, back etc when the cutscene starts? cos thats fixed it for some

i have the same problem :stuck_out_tongue:

please devs fix the bug i still cant make it and i im stock at this quest i want to finish this quest and have fun again im getting angry of the bug please fix it so we can do other main quest :slight_smile:

I’ve got it to work.

First: I started the game.
Then: I loaded another savegame.
When it was loaded i immediately quit and loaded the Baptism By fire game from the second assault where you have to shoot the archers.
I never died until the church steeple fight.

It played the cutscene and i got to fight the basterd! Also, it saves from that point so when I died while fighting him I could just reload without problem.

1 Like

It’s good to see that devs actually take notice to the complaints of the community, I’d like to hear anything about this update as I also have this problem, thanks for the almost surprsing support, for this day and age most games force money, and don’t care for community. Much thanks to the dev team.

I tried this too. I loaded Nest of Vipers saved game and then as soon as it started loaded baptism of Fire - Cuman Camp; and I too got through to the fight with Runt in the chapel attic after the cut scene! Finally!!! i didnt die at all during the camp fight. And then took Runt out with one Piercing arrow straight through the eye LOL!
Thanks for posting the work around, really appreciate it, was getting fed up with waiting for patch 1.6 to drop to fix the bug. Cheers.

sorry guys but is till have the same problem
i srart the quest nest of vipers tehn quick load the quest baptism of fire and then i go over the bridge and when we are fighting i get all of your man had died its not working for me :frowning:

i hate this bug so much its not working for me at all :frowning:

@TayJess

According to scott1, they already have the patch prepared, They’re likely fixing other minor (or maybe major) and do not know the release date, hopefully soon though.

TayJess, What I did to get it to work:

1: start up the game
2: load a different savegame
3: quit the savegame and quick load Quest Baptism of Fire - Cuman camp ( Not the first assault over the bridge but the second assault where you have to shoot the archers).
4: Don’t die until the ruined church fight with Runt. From there the cutscene played and I got to fight Runt.

When you do die while trying to get to the church (like me several times), load another savegame and from there load the Baptism of Fire - Cuman camp again.

Hope this works for you.

Credits to Blacklabeld from who I got the idea.

Nice! I too shot an arrow at Runt’s head and won, but it didn’t seem fair so I tried again and again until I finally defeated him with sword. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i only have the save baptism of fire start not the seccond one