Baptism of fire bug

Does anyone know how to get around the too many men are dying bug without having to go back a load of saves? Or if its getting sorted in a patch? Driving me insane getting game over even though not one man has died!

Did you set fire to the arrows in the Next of Vipers quest? If not, you’ll probably have to reload that quest and sabotage their arrows.

Yes ive done the arrows, poisoned the food and still get it. Ive emailed support and they said they are aware of the issue and are working on it. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later

I had the same issue.

Went back to the quest with the priest. if you win the fight outside the bar rather than losing it, it solves the glitch.

see first comment on the link below.

Thanks

1 Like

Bring more soldier may aslo be a good idea.

That’s great! Thank you. Maybe the devs can now recreate the bug and fix it. @WH_janrucker

but I also wonder if the 1.3 patch will fix bug infected savegames or we have replay the game and don’t suffer those bugs anymore.

I have not had any issues since the latest update. I am aware that the Robber Baron quest bugs your saves so do not complete that one.

I also emailed warhorse and they said that the corrupt saves will be fixed in V 1.3. Unfortunately any previously corrupt saves will not be retrievable. I have had two occasions that the game broke on me so on my third run through. After a couple of hours i upload my save file to the PS4 cloud so if it corrupts on the hard disk then i have the backup to download.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hey,
thank you for the tag. Fortunately we were able to fix the bug in the v1.3

email: jan.rucker@warhorsestudios.cz
https://twitter.com/jan_rucker

2 Likes

Well, I don’t think so :frowning:

Problem still occurs after installing v1.3 patch… :confounded:

I have the same problem. i did everything correct, but the quest ends after the bridge because to many man died.
It must be a Bug, because i even try’d a trainer that makes me immortal and super strong. i killed the first wave before any of my man crossed the bridge but the quest ends in the same way. if i do nothing the quests ends…
This is gamebreaking and extream frustrating because i did a nearly perfect run until this place. I don’t want to start over.
Did anyone find a console command or another workaround for this bug?

what savegame are you using? the Baptism of fire save? I used an older savegame and even did the sabotage of the camp again. worked fine for me

I have completed the nest of vipers and set fire to x4 arrows and put poison in 3 of the 4 pots. I went on to baptism of fire and get to many die every time. I have since gone back to an old save and not gone to Sir Davish and have left this main quest and hope 1.3 patch will sort it out. My concern is i have now played around a weeks worth of game and many side quests that i hope i dont have to replay when i try baptism of fire again once the ps4 gets the patch.

I still having problem like that. I have contacted one of them, they recommended me to updated to 1.3 patch, I did it and I started new story and still not working. Please help!

So obviously there is STILL problem with that quest. Why Devs doesn’t want to help the society?

Right? On the patch said 1.3 is fixed over 300+ quests but only this quest is the most annoyed we ever have. :weary:

patch 1.4.2 and this quest is still bugged, Jesus fix it alrealdy.

After patch 1.4.3 this quest is still bugged! i use pc. Please fix this or do you creators know what i am doing wrong?

Still using 1.42 saves? Mebbe that is it. They said to use fresh saves.

Do i have to start the game from the beginning or what?

You could try to go back several saves( deleting fwd.) to see (and lose not so much of the game.). if you are really adverse to starting over. The new saves would be from the new patch.
I have started over and deleted saves about 4x including one where I wiped an entre play line.