Baptism of fire bug

What do you mean by fwd?

But fresh saves would techniaclly mean to start a new game because all other saves include older patch.

Then go for a clean start, wipe that play line to make sure it is a clean one
 Are you on PC? if a box, wipe the play line and start a new.
If so and want to move thru faster you could add just a few mods the help . Like the one for console commands. then remove them if you want when you get to the point you want.

Yes i am on pc. I use infinity cheat maybe that is faster.

What kind of commands are we talking about?

I did . rather than having to wade thru up to where I was. I started Henry at the half way on skills so things were easier and faster.

the Mod [cheat] allows things like set skill level, add or remove an item. get rid of wanted tags, set the weather. Game related things that happen or get.

Where can i find those commands?

nexus mods:

Ok, thank you bro

Do i have to download anything from this site or can i just use the commands?

you hafta DL the mod to get the file that opens access to the console. Once you have it installed ( will need to make a mod folder in the game main folder.). just use the tilde key ( funny squiggle one)
then type the command exactly as shown in samples.

Ok i see i will do so

I started a New game With the patch 1.4.3 and the baptism by fire quest is still bugged please fix this for the last time! -.-

love how people moaning about this not being fixed supplied no evidence lol

1 Like

In my game (Nest Of Vipers - Baptism Of Fire), it doesn’t matter if I burn the arrows, poison the food and then gather the LARGE army and then NONE of the men on my side die- It still comes out that “too many of my men have died”!
The problem is, the game has associated me with the bandits! “My men” (as the game refers to), are the bandits! They won’t even fight me!
I spoke to one of the developers and he said he thought it was the fight when you defend the priest outside the bar
 because you go against the constable. Well, I even loaded a save prior to that and didn’t fight- I played the save and DID fight (and won)
 Still, the outcome is the same 
 “You have lost too many men”.
The ONLY way I find to finish this game from this point was to download a save someone made just prior to the fight with Runt
 and that’s what I used. (Losing ALL what I had worked so hard to gain!)
Very, very frustrating!!!

1 Like

I use this mod. I still get the “Too many men have died”.

console or pc? Me:Pc
I killed Morcock and his thugs and did not try to join. I agree burning the arrows and poison the food didn’t seem to matter much. I even went so far as to kill every whoreson on the camps and still said I failed sabotage cause of timing. Setting alight the hay bale helped tho.
I had no problems other than crappy FPS.
had all the men at start took down the archers. fast and mace anything in front of me in black.
Did runt in and got a complete

Mods break the game sometime. You need to turn those off if ur experiencing crashes.

What’s your level at that point? what’s your weapon skill? strength? bows kill? bow type? Mace best against plate.
Sound like your too low level and not skilled enough and armed well enough and don’t use poison on weapons to kill quickly the right foes. All archers NEED to go first, set hay bale at the ramp ablaze, it brings down the cuman archers to melee. Kill quickly and kill the cuman boss. Attack anything in black preferably from behind. Pole armed foes are also a priority. back up your guys attack. Defend against reinforcements of the enemy.
I did all this with good perks, good strength, agility, weapon skills, poison on weapons and at 5-11 FPS and then took out runt @ `15-20 FPS