Baptism of Fire MAJOR BUG (Sir Radzig doesn't move, and people don't want to fight)

I’m on the quest and everything is fine up until the soldiers form up in the camp after killing the cuman commander.
Sir Radzig makes a short speech and the men go to battle. Except for him. He just stands there unresponsive
While in the churchyard, there are battle noises, but no one fighting. They just stand there, looking at each other manacingly.
I did everything up to that point right, killed everyone, set fire to the hay, killed the archers.

What the hell do I do?
P.S. I have version 1.4.2

1 Like

Same here. Just posted this in bug thread. What version do you have? 1.4.2 here.

Are you using mods? Any mods at all. Or cheats? anything other than a total clean vanilla play through.

Mods, I only have 2 in the mod folder, but I don’t see how those will affect the story since they’re for performance. And I use a trainer sometimes to enable God mode, because fighting in this game when you have about 15-25 frames is almost impossible.

I suppose I’ll try playing the quest full vanilla. I’ll get back with news.

Nope nothing, same thing happened
Removed my mods.
Didn’t even start up the trainer.
Sir Radzig still is a statue
And fighting is banned.

Hey.

You sure want to look here:
https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/baptism-of-fire-still-bugged-in-1-4-3/56523/23

Yeah, but the solution provided was not to use a trainer or other cheats. I did that. Didn’t work.

Because the faction state is set from sometime before and saved in the file. Just stop using the trainer won´t help. Anyway, why play with old version? Version 1.4.3. is the latest one.

Right, well the problem stated with the trainer is because of the “reputation” option.
I only ever used the “Inf Health” So i don’t see how that will affect my “faction state” since the values that should’ve changed with that option are the values concerning HP.
In any case, I’ll try to load up a save and see where that goes.

You said you installed the trainer and cheated to get god mode.

So which is it?

That’s right? Isn’t using a trainer cheating? I used it to “cheat” and get god mode?

And you wonder why the quest is bugged? Seriously dude…

Yeah but the things is, I’m not using it anymore (atleast when I tested it again) and the game’s still bugged.

Trainers shouldn’t even be a problem at all since all they do is change game values much like cheat engine. Other games run fine with trainers. But, I understand that programming’s a b***h and cheat program support isn’t really a priority with releases. So I don’t blame the developers for a buggy game when a trainer is present.

In any case. I went into a save where I hadn’t used a trainer or any mods, went back up to that frustrating quest, and it still don’t work.

I’m at a point where I’m considering reinstalling all 40+ gb of this game (and that would take me around 2 days since my internet is shit)

So is my game permanently bugged? Is there no solution? Have I destroyed my game by cheating? Do I need to redownload this big ass game?

1 Like

Have you tried reloading the game (without cheats) before the start of the battle?

You can also send me saves from the battle so I can have a look what is wrong there. (ideally saves before start, beginning and then from the cuman camp)

You will find them here: :\Users<your account>\Saved Games\kingdomcome\saves

And you can send them either via forum DM message or here on my mail: prokop.filcik@warhorsestudios.cz

1 Like

Well, reloading the game without cheats didn’t work. But I’ll be sending the saves, should be in your email right now.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I am just now looking at your saves and they look completely fine.

Maybe you could try to delete: scripts.pak, tables.pak, gamedata.pak
which are located here: “game folder”\data

And also whole “rataje” folder located here: “game folder”\data\levels

Ideally before deleting them yo ucan send them to us for examination.

And then verify integrity of game files. Which will update the missing files.

1 Like

never cheat guy, thats dumb

@Kirksty
When it’s multiplayer, then yes. But you can’t deny, being an immortal killing machine is fun.

@ProkyBrambora
I’ll try that, will get back with news.

cheating has always broken games even like in the old days so yeah you need to not take it out on warhorse. if you fought with a strait bat you would have been ok