Best Sword?

yeah, thats where I got it too - but I sold it, only to realize I want it back, but no dice! :smiley:

The executioner in Rattay also has one

No dice for me, but I finally found it! It was in chest of the Rattay swordsmith, fucker kept it hidden from me!

1 Like

does anyone apply poison (or something else) to your sword (weapon)? tried once with poison lifted off bandit. results didn’t impress. that was when strength was low. now, at mid-high, seems a huge waste (little value)

You could probably use the sleeping potion on arrows for non-lethal takedowns, but i haven’t tried it myself.

Poison is better used when added to food before fight to be honest :slight_smile:

St. George’s sword is the best sword in the game it can be obtained in a chest. OR you can steal it from Hans Capin in Rattay. I prefer the latter method as he is a entitled son of a b****. Capon goes the bathhouse multiple times a day. When he walks in he goes to the back area with the white tents, undresses, and puts all of his belongings into the trunk. While he’s in the bath you can then lock pick the trunk and take the sword as well as some valuable nobles garments. The lock pick is easy level and I had no trouble sneaking it out even though he is in the same place with you. Note that I am sneak level 10 and I just opened the trunk at an angle where I can watch Capon to see if he’s watching. He dunks his head in the water about every 20 seconds and that’s when I stole all his stuff. First try no saves. Very satisfying.

My favorites are St. Michael’s sword, St. George’s sword, Herod’s sword, and, believe it or not, Grandfather’s sword and bastard sword. The last two really aren’t high quality, but they’re just so charming.

If you pick up a bastard sword, which you usually can off of a bandit in the wild, for some reason you can’t see it as a picture in your inventory. You can see it when you fight, however. It works like any other sword.

I only care the weapon appearance and modify weapon damage for my liking, so my best sword is the Hungarian Saber

I read this thread a bit ago & at that time had no opinion of my own, but I sure do now. Hands down for me it’s the Razor, shortsword, low enough abilities to make accessible early on (no not the beginning) lightweight & slices through 'em all!! 64 damage It’s in Rattay at swordsmith at lower gate, try it out!

I still use the Stinger sword (exclusive Warhorse bonus) as my main weapon. But I also have St. George’s sword, it’s hard to decide between the 2. I think SGS has higher stats. But really, I’ve found that it doesnt make much of a difference what sword you use. I can kick ass just as easily with the “best” sword as I can with a shitty beginner sword. It’s all in how you use it, and mastering the combat. Give a low level, combat-inexperienced Henry the “best” sword, he will still get his ass whooped. Technique, technique, technique.

Poison is better used when added to food before fight to be honest
AHHhhhh, thank you, I was wondering!
and Dollmaker, Bane?

@LLark: I had thought of poisoning before, but I am too impatient to wait on its’ effects. I prefer immediate results. But maybe I should try. How does it work? Just drop poison in the pot and wait on them to eat? I’m guessing they tend to have their meal at certain times of day, so wait until that time is close. Once they eat, how long before effects set in?

In my roleplay as a stealth-focused Henry, I wander around the map thieving anything that isnt tied down, and massacreing as many people as I can get away with. My Henry’s current net worth is around 800K groshen, screw those nobles that think they’re rich, I own them. I’m hated in most towns, usually wanted. But who cares, when I have enough groshen to fund Rattay’s entire economy, LOL. It’s really funny when I walk into shops and the merchants have nothing to sell. I’ll even take their clothes. I also dont fast travel or use a horse, except to stash goods wherever and ferry them around. It decreases the immersion and you find less opportunies.

Back to swords, I try not to use them except when fighting groups. Bow and dagger, and ocasionally a mace, are my weapons of choice.

I like thrust as much as slash so St. George for a longsword and Stinger for a shortsword. If you are more of a slasher Herods sword is a great longsword.