Beta Performance Thread

Oh my, ignorance at it’s finest.
You, my friend, are very naive, if you think that in about 4 months the game will see much optimization.
When you get 50% gpu utilization for 40fps, it’s no longer an optimization issue, but a programming issue. And i very much doubt that they will re-write the engine in 4 months.

The backer’s beta is a code branch (subset) from mid 2015 (alpha releases 0.1-0.5), updated and frozen in it’s current form with an early prototype hybrid AI in march 2016 (beta).
Current year is 2017. The release will be in early 2018… nearly 2 years after the beta, and using a different code branch that has been under development throughout the period. AI optimisations have been a major priority (you know, how the clock only ticks slowly during rest and sleep - that was because there was no LOD on AI routines in the beta).

1 Like

So what you are saying is that we are playing a very outdated version of the game. That would mean that the developers are actually working on 2 different versions of the game. One for the backers who actually PAID for it. And a separate version which nobody knows how it is, and which they hope would sell based on this outdated and optimized version to which anybody has access.

I have to admin that this is a pretty weird marketing decision. Usually when you try to sell something you demo the very best of what you have, not the very worse.
I guess all will be revealed in about 4 months :wink:

Sorry dude but your informations about the game is more outdated as the beta. Warhorse focussing there work to finish the game and didn‘t work on 2 builds. Beta is more a Tech-Beta as a demo like you wish. You can see a lot of progress since beta on some videos from pax, gamescom or other events. You can read TWT, check some Video Updates on Youtube.

Well it’s not my info :slight_smile:
It’s what Lieste was telling me, as an excuse for the sorry state the game is in now (performance wise).
I also think it’s highly unlikely that they are developing 2 branches of the game.
So this brings us back to my original statement. How the hell are they gonna optimize this in 4 months (keep in mind also the holiday season). I see 2 posibble outcomes:

1. The final build will see little optimizations
  2. Release date will get pushed way back.

Even if the game is finished now , and only the optimization phase is left, it’s very little time to properly optimize it.
I mean it took Rockstar about 1 year to port GTAV to PC, and they are a HUGE company compared to WH. And they only had to optimize the game and update the graphics.

Once more. Beta was released in march 2016, and was never updated since then. It represents state of development in that time. Release will be 2 years after that, so they had 2 years for optimisations, not just 4 months.

appreciate, do you know other key which could helps ?

appreciate, doesnt seems to fix that much in my case, do you learned something more efficient?

My Specs:

Ryzen 5 1600 6 core
GTX 1060 6g
8gb 2400mhz RAM
Windows 10 64-bit

My issue is that I get 30 to 40 fps with sudden drops when I look around, even when I’m on Low or the Very High preset. I also saw that my CPU and GPU were about at 20 to 30% usage.

its the beta its not optimized at all
you can expect good performance in the final game

1 Like

Wait for a full release to get better experience. Just 10 days… Yeah, it’s hard, but hold on, stay strong. :smirk:

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Performance Thread

@Blacksmith

1 Like