Beta Performance Thread

First, my setup:
Intel Core i5-3570K with a little bit of OC
16 GB RAM GSKILL Ripjaws
MSI GTX 970 OC 4GB
Windows 7 64bit

Just played a little to test my setup.
No major bugs, only one crash.

I have 18 to 25 fps on very high settings with everything on max. Beautiful, but a lot of fps drop.
22 to 30 fps on High settings, some fps drops which makes the game freeze for a second or two.
At medium, no more fps drops, but I can’t get more than 30 fps.

Forgot resolution: 1920x1080

I’ll do more testing this evening.

This might have been reported before, but I cannot load my savefile. After I finished my meeting with reeky. Otherwise it runs fine, just a lot of pop-ins and such

Copying to this thread from a comment I made regarding combat in the Beta on the Steam forums…

Hopefully it will improve once they optimize the game, but I had issues with the poor performance and bad framerate interfering with combat as well. I couldn’t fight while streaming to Twitch.tv using OBS at all as the combination simply cut my fps down to PowerPoint levels. My system isn’t top-of-the-line, but its no lightweight either.

I was hitting the right key at the right time, but the game was registering it late due to the poor fps. Hopefully this will resolve itself.

Another issue I had was when the camera moves around (and it does a lot), it seems it was changing where I had the mouse on the targeting reticle, even if I didn’t even have my hand on the mouse. That is a design flaw that needs to change. The only thing that should move your point of aim on the “star” is your actual mouse input, not the camera movement or the game itself. Otherwise, it will remain a clunky, imprecise mess.

On the same note, we need to be able to customize the amount of reticle input dead space, or rather how much X/Y mouse input is required to point in a specific direction on the “star”. Setting mouse sensitivity alone is not enough as where I had mine allowed for a perfect camera pan/turn speed, but was far too sensitive for the combat reticle.

My last suggestion is they might look at actually making the “points” on the reticle adjustable in the HUD so that they aren’t all bunched in the center of the screen. That may help with the perception of input in a direction versus actual input required.

Also, why in the Hell would anyone look at the ground while blocking with a shield?

1 Like

Honestly I think due to the betas performance it’s causing WH to get false-negative reviews of certain mechanics. Combat is horrid in the beta because it runs at 19fps for me, but I may have been able to react quick and have a better time with it if it was 30+

Doesn’t run smoothly at the moment for me seems juddery.

i5 4690K @ 4.1Ghz
GTX 980
16GB

2560x1440
medium settings
motion blur off (I don’t like it)
getting 40-45fps
high settings 37-42fps

ran smoother on medium as you’d expect but still juddery.
increasing LOD etc made it dramatically worse.
still I’m sure when its optemized it will run fine. will play around more with settings tomorrow to see what has the biggest effect.

Even with a higher framerate at the moment its difficult/jumpy

i5 3470 @ 4GHz
GTX 970
16GB 1600MHz
Windows 7 64

1280x720 Low 5-10 fps
1920x1080 Very High 3-5 fps

CPU 50-70% Utilization
GPU 0% Utilization (only goes higher than this during the 2D animated cutscenes, where I actually get V-Sync’d at 60fps)

It’d be nice if the game actually tried to use my graphics card :frowning:

I think this goes a bit beyond “we need a game-ready driver”

Hey I have a strange problem with the game.

Here are my settings: intel core I7-4790K 4.0GHz, 12 Gram, nvidia geforce 970

And my computer use only 40% of my graphic card and my GPU, and 30% of my RAM. But i got 10 fps all along the game, so i can’t play.

Does anyone know what to do? Like using full performance of my computer to get more FPS, or an error with my game maybe? It would be super cool if someone could help :slight_smile:

Hello @maxphile,

check this posting and thread. Maybe you have the same probleme with the PCI lanes.

1 Like

Thanks, I verified. But my bus is in 16x so that’s not my problem :confused:

1 Like

I just don’t understand how a GTX 970 can’t handle this game with only 10 fps :frowning:

A system problem. I have an MSI 970 with an older style i5 2400 on ASUS P8Z series board

I get 25+ fps most of the time using very high settings (there is minimal difference between medium and very high in performance terms, but lighting is noticeably better).

If you get such poor performance generally with a ‘better’ CPU and MB then something is wrong.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: ►Beta 1.0 Bug List (glitches and funny things)

i think something is wrong cause i got a I7 4790k 4.0 GHz in CPU so… 12GRAM too… i’m really sad :cry:

Just out of curiosity, how much video ram is being used while playing the game?
Under certain conditions, the 970 has been known to lose performance when more then 3.5GB of video ram is being used.

1 Like

Yes it is very rough and performance is very bad, but we can’t critic it like we are playing the final game, is beta, even tho to me beta means almost final, but this beta still feels far from, almost final, some developers have different ideias on what beta means tho. IMO they add no intention of releasing this Beta as it is, they knew it was not stable, so that is why they were saying delaying the PC version would help it, the problem is that people started complaining like crazy, about the PC version being delayed because of the consoles, so they add no choice, but now we know why the Beta was even considered to be delayed in the first place. Now that we know how it is, lets help make it better, by reporting bugs and not by coming to forums and insulting the developers, not everything is bad also, this game world is fantastic, the forests are mind blowing realistic and beautiful, the horse is also the most realistic depiction of a horse i ever saw in a game, (minus the AI), and others, now they just need to perfect it, lets be patient and help this game come to fruition, I WANT THIS GAME, this game NEEDS to happen because it has the potential to change RPG’s in the future and so more no fantasy RPG’s could come because of it.

What 0% GPU utilization? That is certainly not true how could it? Cryengine never add a software only render, we aren’t in 1999 you know, if you are seeing any graphics AT ALL in the game be it objects, textures, particles effects, etc, then your GPU is being used period, the only stuff running on the CPU is the gameplay code, the AI (the perfect candidate to the bad performance we are seeing), some of the occlusion culling tech and the physics engine. Btw don’t know if the characters skinning and animation is done on the CPU or GPU but anyone with more knowledge on Cryengine could enlighten me.

i’m more between 2 and 3 GB and I tried in low with no render distance and all the lowest things, but i’m still at 15 fps. So i think there is a problem of compatibility with the game :confused: and i can play star citizen in high without problem so… :confused:

nvidia gtx 980
32gb ddr3
ssd
intel i7 3770

FPS 20-35. FPS is not stable. Tomorrow I will try to run on titan x, hoping for 30-40 fps.

i7-3770k
2 960 gtx in SLI
16GB ram

At low settings, running around 22-24 on average, around 29-30+ when locked in combat, for some reason.

SLI enabled did absolutely nothing, main GPU is just idling at 30 degrees while the secondary does all the work.