Beta Performance Thread

Encountered crash while loading game progress. This happens even if I just select “Continue”, and the program hasn’t recovered itself ever since. So I’ve got blocked away from gameplay completely. Cheers

Try to start a new game. Maybe the save is corrupt.

had this too last week, its a corrupted save

If you are having framerate problems, I have found the only 2 settings which seem to really affect it are; Shading Quality and Shadows.

I have both of these set on Low and all other settings on Very high @ 2560 x 1440

currently getting between 35 fps and 47 fps depending on location.

May be worth adjusting these if your framerates are particularly slow.

Edit. Did state 62 fps but have been unable to replicate this

2 Likes

What hardware?

And where are you seeing 62+ fps?

I5 4690k
16Gb 1866
ssd
Gtx 980
2560x1440

I have just been trying to replicate those figures with no luck. My norm seems to be 32fps in highly populated areas and 45 in lower areas.
I was also playing around with resolutions so it may have been that, I was near the northern boundaries of the map. I’ll keep playing around to see if I can replicate it.

Edit, cannot replicate, best I can get is just under 50, will edit original post

The thing is it doesnt stress neither the CPU, nor the GPU atleast for many people(including me). GPU and CPU utilization is very low and the Framerate goes between 25-35FPS with lots of lag and slow texture loading on ANY setting with ANY resolution. GTX 970 and i5 4670 here.

I also get constant crashes for some reason, ever since the expanded alpha

how do you think the game will run

intel xeon e3 1276
GTX 750 TI 2gb
8gb ram

My settings:
I7-2600K
12Gb ram
gtx 980

I chose high settings in general graphics. i get 33 fps at menu.
then in advanced graphics, i put shadows to low, and bloom to off. i get 36 fps at menu.
nothing else increases fps for me.

It loads up a single core. The overall usage will show as low, but as soon as that 1 core hits around 90+% you have hit a bottle neck.

One core may hit 90% at some times but thats just wrong. It’s not an issue of how much stuff there is for the CPU to compute, it’s an issue of low utilization. Needs to be worked on hard.

I’m not saying its right or wrong… I’m just saying its the current reason for the low FPS.
Its still beta and there are a lot of optimizations to be done.

Yeah sure. It was more of a response to the WH guy who said the AI is the reason for poor oerformance. Which is partly true anyway.

Hello,
I have a GTX 970, i5 3470 and 8go ram but the game run at 20-30 fps with some little freeze in low and 720p. My ram is used at something like 7.5 go after playing a little and the game crash after 20 minutes… I used anti malware bytes and CCleaner so I don’t think there is any virus on my computer. So the game is hardly playable for me right now :confused: Any advice ? Thanks

EDIT : It looks like i’m not the only one with this problem, maybe GTX are bad for this game ?

EDIT 2 : My configuration should be enough to play at high and 1080p with good fps : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7wlcvIHMT0 So i don’t understand what is the problem :confused:

My game runs on:

I7 3770K
16GB RAM
SSD
Geforce GTX 660ti OC
2GB VRAM
Win10 + latest nVidia drivers

I play with medium settings @1080p and I was suprised how “good” the performance is!!!
Got between 20-35fps…only in rare cases i got under 20fps (mostly while raining)

I have gtx 970 beta worked great when it wasnt updated now it has like 15-20 fps and crashes while save. I guess its optimizing issue but i like to report it anyway thanks :slight_smile:

Its a CPU bottleneck that everyone is having.

Ok thank you for the anwser. At least I’m glad it is’nt my computer that suck :smiley:

Yeah, my game won’t activate and says “Target of invocation,” and it won’t load. What do I do?