Beta Performance Thread

you dont even need an i7. 4690k will do just fine. but you have got to got to get rid of that garbage phenom 2 bro thats why you ate getting 20fps. at 600p. i have 4670k and i get playable framerates at 1440p.

dont worry its the same over here. we have the same specs except i have a better cpu. the difference between low and ultra is like 10fps for me. even switching from 1440p to 1080p hardly boosts my framerate at all. the game runs smooth for me tho. even sub 30fps feels good to me. maybe its because because the graphics are so jaw dropping that i just dont mind

Will there be any patches to beta? Performance ones?
Fix the black screen glitch in fencing?
Add key mapping? AA and AO settings?

Or is unplayable beta all we get until final release?

Hello guys, in my case the game is running between 40-50 fps at max settings. It works perfectly, amazing graphics !

My configuration is 6600k 8gb ram and gtx 970.

Good job guys and continue like this !

Yes there will be. The dev team has posted a few times in various threads the the first patch will be focused on fixing the save state bugs (which accounts for the many bugs).

Hi again and thanks for reply. I wonder, if I really need Intel procesor or better AMD. Warhorse should give that to description for BETA. I have quadcore AMD CPU with GTX 970 and game is NOT playable. 10-12 FPS in combat is total shitā€¦ :smiley: And there are few NPCs, I cant imagine that there will be a lot more NPCs doing their daily routines :smiley: Demands on CPU are very high and it seems you need very good processor for playing beta (better than you wrote in description). Someone can be pissed of when buy game which is not playable and meets the requirements :wink:

Next thing is RAM consumption. I played beta with 8GB RAM and it was crashing. When I bought next module and get 16GB, none crash apear, even when I changed graphic settings in menu, which previously leads to crash.

Is there someone with older AMD processor and getting low FPS? I think there is problem with that. Quadcore 3,5GHz and 12fpsā€¦

iMAC late 2013 27 inch with Bootcamped Windows 7 64bit
i7 4771 3,5GHz
16 GB Ram
GeForce GTX 780m

Played on high settings with 1920x1080, motion blur offā€¦ getting about 15-28 fps, same on medium or low settings. ItĀ“s playable for me but game crashes quite often - basically always when I try to load a game at the start, if I spend some time near the starting location and load the game later, itĀ“s okā€¦ Except for the final battle which crashes EVERY TIME at itĀ“s start

how do you think I would run it with:

GTX 750 TI 2gb
Intel XEON e5440
8gb ramn

Well I loaded up KCD with my Steam code about 3 days ago, and it ran great until last night. I had ran all over, talked to NPCs, did a few duels in the arena, fought a bandit a few times, used vendor to buy/sell, all kinds of random things with no problem, but last night I went to fight in the arena, and after ponying up my money, the arena went to load, and all I got was a black screen with the sound working. It would not finish loading at all and I had to go to task manager to get out of the game. It was late, so I waited until today to try again, but the result is the same. Decided to forget the arena since it was giving problems, and went to travel from the soldier camp back to Thalmburg going cross country, and the game froze when I was just walking my horse through a grassy field. Had to go back to task manager to get out again. Tried again a couple times this evening, but same result at the arena. Has something changedā€“patches or anything? Strange that it ran so good for three days and now is crashing left and right. I did go and update my GPU drivers but same result.

This is what I am using:
Intel Core i5 CPU 760 @2.8 GHz.
16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 RAM
NVidia GeForce GTX 750Ti GPU 2 GB memory
Corsair Force GS 360 GB SSD
GeForce Game Ready Driver Version 347.88 (yesterday when it started crashing and before when it worked)
GeForce Game Ready Driver Version 364.51 (tonight, same result)

Any ideas? Could it be a corrupted save game doing it? Hadnā€™t thought of that till just now, but had saved my game so as to not have to do dialogs for the 40th timeā€“will check with a new game now too.

EDITā€“Forgot one thingā€“when the arena started to load, a couple of times while the screen was still black, I started hearing someone griping about me having a weapon out and threatening to call a guard, but as the screen stayed black and only sound was working I saw nothing.

Maybe. Have you started a new game, now? Does it crash?

Have you changed the grafic opions?. Change it back!

I started a new game, and although I have not fought in the arena yet, I have had no crashes, so it may have been a corrupted save. I will try the arena tomorrow and see how that goes. Thanks for the reply!

When you are checking your CPU usage are you looking at ā€œOverall Utilizationā€ (A single graph) or ā€œLogical Processorsā€ (8 graphs).

I keep getting an error when updating the game thru the Launcher at 60% Unknown bundle setup error. Could it be on my end?

i7 4790K
Titan X
DDR3 2400 16gb
Samsung 850 ssd with plenty of space(dedicated gaming drive)
Windows 10

cab5.cab isnā€™t available to download at the moment. A general error judging by reports so far.

Worst performing version of the game so far for me.

Specs:

MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMIN at 1454MHZ
i7 3770K at 4.5GHZ
16GB RAM
Windows 10 64 Bit
Latest Nvidia Driver
Game installed on SSD

I get 23%-50% GPU Usage, that is pathetic.

Stutter,stutter,stutter,stutter
30 fps, 40 fps, 28 fps, 35 fps

It is simply unplayable right now which is a shame as I am a strong supporter of this game and would really like to play the beta. I cannot imagine how frustrating the sword fights are with this performance

1 Like

GPU utilisation is low because of AI threading (CPU bound).

Swordfights are fine on i5 2400 and GTX970 with very high visuals.

My rig:
Core i5 4670K (reference clocks)
16GB RAM @ 1600 L9
GTX 770 (again, reference clocks)
installed on Samsung EVO 840
running on full HD resolution

After yesterdayā€™s update:
So today Iā€™ve started new game, so I went through initial sequence I gave working name "Talking of Reeky"
Before update I had like 20fps anytime on every setting (difference letā€™s one or two fps, but I didnā€™t test it much, as I was VERY interested in first HEMA combat in game every :slight_smile: )
Today I have like 25 fps on medium in that sequence when main character Henry is out of camera. But once Henry sneaks into camera, fps goes down to 15-18.
On high settings fps sticks around 22-24. When camera looks on Henry, fps goes down to 15 again (lowest spotted was 14).
Right outside Talmberg castle Iā€™m on 40fps on medium. On high fps is 35-40 stable. STRANGELY when I look at my horse (my horse is amaaazingā€¦ :smiley: ) fps goes down to 23, after loading of horse is finished it stays between 26-30. Sorry but right now Å emĆ­k stays out of my focus :slight_smile:
After setting very high game crashed.

I must say that Henryā€™s animation is really awesome. The way he moves, he talks, his ā€œbody speechā€ (dunno real eng word for this) is awesome. Maybe that can be reason of low fps when watching him? While the guy heā€™s talking to (my work name ā€œBossā€) is big. But he has eyes of 3 months old infantā€¦ O.o
Edit:
funny, outside ā€œTalking of Reekyā€ when camery aims for Henry, FPS is at 30 and stableā€¦
Edit1:
when I look at my horse (give him the lick) fps drop is limited only to neck and head. When I collide with him, my stamina gets lower by approx 20% every time I collide him, so it can get down to 0%.

So far Iā€™m pretty curious about performance when XMP is turned on.

So nice work, thx for update!

Im looking at both

I have an:

i5 4690k
16gb RAM
GTX 970

and getting 25 FPS on low, med, high, and very high graphic settings. I know itā€™s an optimization problem, I just wanted to contribute my specs in the mix.

Agreed! Unplayable and badā€¦ performance wise at least