Beta Performance Thread

Upgraded to 16GB Ram from 8gb because the guy who runs the official page of facebook said 8GB was not enough.Still runs like shit.GTX 970 OC and i7 4790k. Why did i back these guy,i dont know.Well 45$ wasted.Same 10-12 fps on LOW/medium/High . LOD and all that stuff set to 0

Why be a drama llama?

You spent $45 on a game. This game is not yet finished or released, but you can peek at a very early Beta version while you wait. Maybe help by clearly and formally reporting bugs and issues that you find.

Look at what the developers actually say as well before declaring the world ended. This is very much pre-optimisation, a tiny fraction of the finished content and with varying grades of placeholder for many systems.

Alsoā€¦ your performance is truly shit for the hardware. Some kind of issue there, as with an i5 2400, GTX970 stock and 16GB I see 22-32 fps in very high 1080p - not ideal but around double what you are reporting from slightly better hardware and at lower settings (not that detail matters much, as the bottle neck is CPU and AI)

CPU:AMD 1090t @3,8GHZ
GPU:GTX 980
Ram:8GB @ 1600MHZ
HDD/SSD:SSD
FPS:22-26 @ 1600 X 900 @Very High

I hate to have to tell you this, but the problem is just as much your laptop as anything else. The 960M is on par with a 680. :frowning:

My setup:
CPU: FX-8350 (4 Ghz)
GPU: ATI 7950 3 GB
Drive: 256 SSD (Samsung 840 Evo) and 1 TB HDD
RAM: 16 GB

First time I played, I encountered a lot of game freezes, which took sometimes over 1 minute, even when graphic setting was ā€œlowā€ (Like: run 5 m, waiting 30 sec, run 5m, waiting 20 sec, begin to talk, wait 80 secā€¦). As the fan on my graphic card was not going crazy and the cpu temp was cool enough, i decided to check the SSD, where i installed KCD. No faults at all.
I checked for events in windows: no suspicious events.
I uninstalled KCD, freed 8 GB on my SSD, installed it again. Same problems.
I uninstalled KCD again, installed it on my HDD. No Problems anymore. :slight_smile:

Of course, the loading times are sometimes long, but at least I can play with constant ~20 fps.
I guess, there is a incompatibility between KCD and (older?) SSDs which caused the freezes. Maybe someone with game freezes can double check that?

Cheers!

Hello der_dekan,

welcome to our forum.

SSD should be fine. I use a 830 Samsung.

Maybe you have a problem with the grafic options. You can try this:

Take a look into the game folder. Delete or rename the folder:
user_kingdomcome

Next gamestart itĀ“s new created, and all (game) settings are reseted.
You can change everything in the grafic options, but donĀ“t move the two sliders (to far). There is a bug. :slight_smile:

Have fun with the beta!!! :blush:

Since I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 I had some performance issue, probably caused by Windows sleep mode. Game dropped from 25-30fps to something like 7fps and only way to fix it was reboot. Once I upgraded driver instead of usual reboot and tried to launch KCD. It helped so I realized that problem is in NVidia driver. I tried to find a way how to restart driver without rebooting, found out DevManView utility from NirSoft. Just find driver in the list, press F6 to disable it and Windows will enable it instantly. It may mess something and make half of applications using GPU crash, but itā€™s a solution to my problem that affected other games as well.

Unplayable FPS

i7-6700k (OC to 4.6hz)
32gb DDR4 3000mhz
GTX 980ti
Standard Hybrid Drive

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Define ā€œunplayableā€.

My game runs on:
i5 4670k 4.0Ghz
16gb ram ddr3 1600
msi gtx 970
windows 7 64bit

30-40fps

8-10 FPS, oddly just put it on my SSD and I am getting less

That does seem unusually low.

With older hardware I get 22-32fps (i5 2400 @ 3.1, 16GB DDR3, MSI GTX970 w GSync, 7200 rpm HDD (not windows drive, nor in ā€œprogram filesā€), win 7x64)

If you altered the games advanced graphics settings at all there is a known bug that makes FPS go to shit.

If you have altered graphics settings try the above method as suggested by my buddy @Blacksmith.

This may or may not help, the beta is not optimized and varies on performance allot .

1 Like

Hi @chrisgage,

Do we talk about FullHD or 4K?

On FullHD you must get minimum 30FPS.(If you havenĀ“t played around with the sliders for visual range).
3 Days ago I played KCD on a similar PC.

But no chance for a higher resolution. Game is not optimized!

My System:
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3, 4x 3.40GHz, Sockel 1150, boxed
GPU: VTX3D Radeon R9 390X Triple Fan 8GB
Mainboard: ASRock H97M Pro4, Sockel 1150, mATX
RAM: 8GB-Kit Corsair ValueSelect PC3-10667U
Samsung SSD 840 EVO Basic 250GB SATA 6Gb/sSamsung SSD 840 EVO Basic 250GB SATA 6Gb/s

17-27 fps (Edit: during Endgame: 7fps) at 1080p and mid. Thats horrible. My new Ram will come next week. 16GB. Iā€™ll report then

EDIT2: With 16 GB RAM. Settings High; low object distance/LOD/vegetation distance; lowest fps (in the camp and endgame) is 11; highest fps (on random field) 35; but average 25 fps. No loadings (2 minutes freeze ingame) anymore.

First that CPU is bottlenecking your GPU. Second your specs are slightly weak in general and the game has not been optimized to its fullest extent. Patientsā€¦ all will be right in the end.

My System:

CPU: AMD FX-9370, 8x 4.40GHz
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X OC New Edition 4G
Mainboard: asrock 970 extreme3 r2.0
RAM: 2x 8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz
Resolution: 1680*1050
Graphics: Very High
FPS: Highest FPS ~35; Lowest FPS 8; Average ~25

Just changed my gaming rig
8gb DDR4
MSI GTX 1060

40FPS not on maximum :expressionless: |