Black screen at start up

Hi, is the game stuck? or is only the intro-cutscene missing?
Is the Sound / Music playing?

After i start the save loading screen runs. then after loading is flash one time black and loading screen for 1 second and after that just pitch black with mic and video in right down corner. The music is only playing if i try inventory or any action nothing happen. Disable DLC womans lot it work without any problem.
Thanks for help
Tom

can you upload your savegame?

compress

1 Like

Hi, @tmatoni!
I have exactly the same issue like you and contacted the support. Following was its answer:

Hello, since you are not using any mods, please check if your not using any graphic card tuning utilities. Also please try to completely uninstall any sound souftware like Nahimic programs or Sound Blaster to try the default Windows sound drivers just for the sole puprose of testing it.
If so, try to uninstall it, please. In case the issue persists, please check your latest VC Redist drivers as well as the graphic card drivers. Also check whether you have the latest 1.9 patch of the game. After a restart, if the issue persists, please try uninstall the whole game from Steam/GOG and reinstall and to make sure please try to reinstall the whole Steam app as well. Some of it might do the job, kind thanks for your patience. Thanks.

I reinstalled the gpu driver (clean), removed the sound card drivers, removed unused programs (e.g. for my headset), reinstalled the game, reset my OCing via bios, removed AI suite 3, reinstalled VC redist drivers (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads),…
but with “a woman’s lot” DLC the game won’t start. If I only have the other three sotry DLCs installed, the game runs as normal. If I start a new game (with all DLCs installed) the game also runs normal, but my current save game with all four DLCs won’t start.

Since I know that some quests have to be finished to start the DLC, I tried to help everybody in sasau so Johanka would be ready to tell me some other story (maybe), but this didn’t work either. And of course, Theresa and I had “the act” (ahem) (patchnote).

I didn’t receive another mail from the suppport, so I just play it without “A woman’s lot” until something changes :wink:
Looking forward to this moment!

Greets

@Gunner1203
thank you for this support I will try it. I don’t use any tuning utilities. I will see. But it seems that we aren’t only one how to have this problem.
I hope they solve this problem soon
Tom

I have the same issue as described by Tmatoni and Gunner1203; if Woman’s Lot is enabled I can start a new game, but not load my old/existing save game. The game loads, I have music playing, but the screen is black apart from the loading icon (which never fills with red).

If I disable Woman’s Lot, then my old save games load okay (except for the one I attempted to load already, which now requires Woman’s Lot).
And as said, I can start new games with Woman’s Lot (but obviously would rather not start over ;)).

I am running the Steam version and without any mods, have cleanly reinstalled graphics and audio drivers, have tried entirely without my USB sound card (no difference), and do not have other sound software installed.

I can confirm the infinite Loading screen. The Bug/issue is forwarded to the support Team . Please be Patient. I will update ASAP…

1 Like

@Urquhart Thanks i know it can be a issue. I was patient for start when the WarHorse was on this project.
As one of yours fan cross fingers for solving the issue.
Tom from Brno :wink:

So I thought I would test this with one of my saves. Loaded up an existing save and everything loads normal, even started the DLC and everything plays properly. So I don’t think it is entirely the games fault.
Anyone tried a clean reinstall?
I don’t know how you guys are breaking the game so much lol.

@AfLIcTeD Yes, I tried to reinstall the game. That didn’t work neither.

I’m sure it’s not our intention to break the game. For my case I can even say that I don’t use any mods which could actually do so :wink:
We also don’t think it’s the fault of anybody or anything, we’re just updating the development team about our issue (which is absolutely necessary as I can tell since I’m a software engineer (embedded, but it’ll do :wink: ) by myself) so that they can improve the already awesome experience we’re enjoying with the game!

@Urquhart Thank you for the updates!

@Urquhart: Thanks, appreciated!
Let us know if any further details (or save games) etc. can be of help.

Our QA Team is looking at the problem now, hope they will find a solution :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Kindly look at cutscenes not playing , trader menu not working… on ps4 by the way

@Gunner1203 Im with you on this. I just what to report the issue as network administrator i know that there are many things that can effect it. Im looking forward to find the problem.
:slight_smile:

@DrFusselpulli
If you need any log or info for HW let my know.
Tom

Yes, this might be helpfull as well :slight_smile:

For others I tryed to let update to womans lot when i was playing it go well. Womans Lot install when i was play. But after i quit game and i start it again and the issue was there. When i uninstall womans lot and the save are telling me install womans lot. Let me play old save not the new one :smile:

Since the most recent patch (July 18th I think), I no longer have this infinite-loading issue; my existing save game can be loaded up with Woman’s Lot activated.

1 Like