Blood and Gore.? Post here if you want it!

He’s our local serial killer.

Hahahaha naww I’m just a lawyer.

I want the realistic amount of gore.
Dismemberment and lots of blood are more than welcome if they are made in realistic way.

What I don’t want is pussyfooted “made for kids” version where gore is almost non-existent and unrealistic.

Agreed.

What? This post must be 20 characters long? Screw you, I’m not doing it!.. OH SHI - (cut off by evil forum god)

i’m for a realistic level of gore. Sure dismemberment and a realistic bleeding due to injuries

Remember, realistic means realistic, not barely anything at all. Are you fine with the appropriate blood coming from peoples throats? Which would be quite a bit…

realistic is realistic. not a splatter where you cut a finger and 4lt of blood fall on the floor but not a made4kids level of gore. yes im fine with the appropriate blood from peoples throats :blush: …is realistic.

Good… What if a cleaved someones head in half with a clay-more? Would you be fine with their brain plopping out?

lol personally to me yes, but in a game making meanings depends on what devs think about it and what age rating wants for their game.

“realistic as possible” which includes sex if you didn’t know, I’m fairly certain they have given up on anything less than 18+

mmm… we was talking about realistic blood and gore…sex is another story imo. about blood and gore they can achieve a good level/balance close as much as possible to a realistic level with good animations with out having brains on the floor imo.

But brains are in real life, why would that be distasteful?

its not distasteful to me but sure will require more work for the devs to implement it so you have to balance it out. do you know how much work it can require? having dismemberment ingame require already a big work on codes and i would be happy to have it. but if i cut an head/arm or i smash an hammer on a head i would like to see a realistic quantity of blood coming out. not too much but not less

I was just thinking something here, So they already have the clothing layer system, So why not implement the same techonology on human body? So theere would be skin, muscles and oragans and stuff. Then if they do accurate hitboxes on swords it could be like what your sword hits it actually hits.
This would make it possible to just create all kinds of wounds, And if your sword barely scrapes the opponent it might only leave a mark on the clothes. (I dont know if this is possible tho since I really know nothing about making games)

1 Like

The first wife of Wenceslaus der Faule of Bohemia was mangled by his beloved hunting dog according to wikipedia. Usually corpses were there for a few days to be seen. Hopefully they don’t show such incidence realistically.
Its no horror game. No game till now did show war like it is for a reason.
Not sure if dismemberment was a common warfare issue back then. Not required to implement it imo. Only if it was common, but the player should get dismembered then too.

I feel like there should be only occasional gore. Maybe have a little bit of blood here and there until someone gets decapitated, loses a limb, or gets impaled. Then go full “Chivalry: Medieval Warfare” with the gore.

Not saying that this game should copy established styles, it’s just good to use other works as a reference point. Also it’s the only other “realistic” (term used lightly) medieval fps, that’s any good, I can think of. As an additional thought, you should totally be able to bash enemies’ skulls in like a badass neurosurgeon.

Yes- please have blood gore optional! I personally prefer the brutal aspect of medieval warfare but I understand some dont…

No. It wasn’t common because it’s not an easy task to do. There was several discussions about this theme. So, i guess there is not much to be afraid of.

unless you were fighting relatively unarmored, like you would be if you were engaged on the road or in the wild or any other time you weren’t prepared to go into battle. Although I do seem to recall that the most common injury was the loss of fingers, which would fit the majority of injuries that occur with the group im with

This argument against game violence/gore is ignorant in my opinion.

I personally practice pacifism, I also happen to experience hemophobia. But I love games with realism in their damage system because I play to be entertained and immersion is like 90% of that for me.

I’m also on the stance that games that depict violence should be as real as possible as to not confuse the uneducated about the cause and effect of their actions.

People would be much less inclined to run all those pedestrians over in GTA if their bodies where realistically mangled, but it would be brilliant to see if being properly used to tell a story.

Life isn’t all hugs and warm marmalade feelings, so dont shy away from an experience because it makes you uncomfortable. I personally want to play like a monk (as much as storyline permits) so I wont be killing people needlessly but I will be disappointed to not see a healthy spray of blood from a peasants recently cut throat.

For those of you who may wanna ask, I have yet to play a game that makes me have a hemophobic experience, however shows like the walking dead I cant handle some scenes (such as the trough scene this season).

1 Like