Blood and Gore.? Post here if you want it!

@WH_JiriRydl @TobiTobsen I was wondering if you guys had plans for blood puddles pooling around dead bodies, and things like bloody footprints when you walk through the blood. Im asking this because i was looking at some screenshots of the villagers dead with arrows in their necks and i thought how good it would look with blood puddles and maybe a spray on the wall.

1 Like

Sounds crule! :slight_smile: But yeah we are of course thinking about blood and gore. But it’s way to early to talk about the extend of it! First things first! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I really hope that gore is made with realistic style cause i don’t want this to be one of those games that sell it with over the top core.

2 Likes

Don’t worry! :slight_smile: We’ll hopefully find the right balance! :smile:

4 Likes

Sadly in this area someone is always disappointed. Yay for mods!

it be a fine day when can make Models that are realistic in the sense that they actually have blood that they can bleed out, like giant fleshy waterbloon!

2 Likes

If a bit more blood and gore being visible with opponents injuries was added to the game, I would like to see the addition of the player’s character suffer a bit of battle damage. Possibly expand on the list of alchemical formula’s by including a balm or ointment to fight off infection if he suffered a severe wound. Also, to include scar’s on the character would be amusing too, much like in Fable. Give the player a reminder of previous battles.

Don’t think I`ll get another Total War game unless I know it will have gore DLC. I can’t go back from something that looks like an actual battlefield to piles of men sleeping together peacefully.

As for KC:D, gore is a must.

1 Like

Mate if you go on to the Total War mod site there and really good one called MD_mod_SEEM_v1_6_Blood_Insane_P9_1 or something like that which does the job better than the creative assembly DLC. :wink:

To be fair, Rome 2’s Blood&Gore absolutely overshoots it. Besides, I never really understood, how it is okay to add five times more blood than necessary (seriously, in reality, if you shoot someone with an arrow, you barely see any blood, here the guy explodes like his body consists of 90% of blood and by the end of the day, everyone looks like they sacrificed a bull - and don’t get me started on the javelins! :smiley: ), but never really to touch the screaming, weeping, agonizing-for-hours, urinating, injured-desperately-trying-to-crawl-back, battlefield-shock kind of thing.
Well, technically I understand, R2 is a game and the emphasis is on - supposedly - the tactics, while the blood is there for the mood, and while I do think that blood is a must for KCD, I honestly think that overusing it would be much worse than not using it at all too.

We do not speak of that game here. That being said its a bit different for an rts do add blood than a first person rpg. They could get away with it more in Rome 2 than they could in a game like this. There needs to be a good balance between fountains and sprays.

1 Like

Of course I want more blood and gore.
BUT, as closer to RL as possible! These types of Hollywood blood fountains and limbs flying everywhere are pissing me off very much.

Oh yeah, I have a mod installed for that stuff (a different one I found on steam workshop) and if I`m not wrong in order for that to work you need to have the gore dlc installed. The dlc by itself is pretty lame (I was VERY disappointed to see blood disappear after 5 seconds
), but mods saved it.

1 Like

One-handed weapons can absolutely sever a head in one swing, it is not nearly as hard as you might think. There are many videos on youtube that feature one-handed weapons cleaving through pig-carcasses and balllistic gel torsos you can watch. It is about edge-alignment more than mass.

1 Like

you have experience decapitating people? They are chopping a stationary pig carcass with no armor on. Im no expert but im guessing it would be pretty hard in a fight to get an opening long enough to cleave through their neck.

2 Likes

No, but I am a HEMA practitioner who spars very regularly, solid hews to the neck are incredibly common. Also, most people didn’t wear much in the way of armor, what the frikkn crap is with the people on this thread thinking that every fighter in medieval times were fully armoured men-at-arms?

1 Like

“solid hews to the neck are incredibly common.” - maybe common among beginners, who routinely do double hits. : )
Not so incredibly common, when the other guy has armor, shield and/or simply has a clue about how to defend himself, and even less common using the german tradition, where most of the cuts do not leave in the end the line of center anyways. I also don’t think that it is fortunate to compare a pig carcass to a freely moving human hand for example.
As far as I know, the beheadig of László Hunyadi, for example, only succeeded with four hits. On a chopping block. With a dedicated executioner’s sword. But if you read about relatively modern occurences of seppukkus, you’ll also find that people couldn’t cut someone’s head off while standing in ideal position, without armor, without the opposing side defending or even wanting to kill him, and actually even helping the one who delivers the blow! Even the Wisby material suggests that in battle cuts that reached (but not cut trough) the bones were common to the limbs, and many of the more horrible wounds were inflicted when the guy was already down (we are talking about fighters from the side that lost the match).
In my opinion, cutting off limbs and heads is possible, yes, but “common”? Nah.

About the blood, years ago I had the “luck” of watching a footage of a security camera of a store where someone got murdered by a crazy guy wielding a machete. The poor guy only tried to defend himself with his arms, but there wasn’t even a loss of a finger, and a surprisingly low amount of blood. All you did see is that more and more blood gathered below the fighters. It also worth looking up when the sikhs started a sword fight.
Naturally, one or two measuring isn’t measuring, but it is still the closer I’ll ever watched (or the most that I ever WANT to watch) when actual people got injured by blades in a real combat situation.

2 Likes

I think that’s a unique situation the machete might not have been sharpened. If you are hit near veins or in your upper torso or even your lower torso there will be a lot of blood.

Ill take your word on fighting but do they teach you there that a human head is easy to cut off because its most certainly not when the persons moving (source google it) why do you think executioners used 2h weapons mainly axes and had the person stay still. Just because you land hits to the neck does not mean you will cut it off with ease. Also with the ballistics jell and pig carcasses. It sounds like you’ve been watching too much deadliest warrior. A guy cut a a ballistics jell dummies head with piano wire so as far as im concerned it doesn’t seem very accurate. As for the pig they are strung up and are perfectly still. The pigs they used in most videos are quite a big smaller than a human.

I never said that but its a good chance you will be fighting people with armor a lot of the time throughout the game. Based on what ive seen from the trailer people with armor will be quite common.

Sorry guys. Don’t wanna disrespect all the replies, but there can be only 1 correct answer:

Authenticity! If you want creating a realistic game, you’ll need realistic blood and gore. That’s it.
We also have to understand that armor protects and little wounds could kill you. Only critical hits can cut limbs and show more blood.

2 Likes

yeah man when I got the dlc thought this is gonna be great but as you said mods saved it.

yeah man if an artery is cut by a bullet you’ll get a few liters spraying out before it dies down to a normal looking bleed