Blood and Gore.? Post here if you want it!

Under armour there was also cloth and some other material, it wasnt just a naked dude in armour. There was the fat padding inside.
With the mace to the face part, it could knock them off balance too if they are wearing a helmet since the hit would probably shake them a little.

a blood level affect and tunnel vision and dizzyness would be awesome if you were hit in a serious location. I think blood loss sounds awesome!

2 Likes

Smoke Severance: Blade of Darkness. Blood&limbs like there will be cool.

I like the blood system in this game, granted its dated. its nice to see blood spray make contact with surrounding surfaces rather then only be visible animations that dissolve into nothing.

The body damage system is also nice., but the dismemberment is a little over kill for the level of realism KCD is trying to achieve. Dismembering limbs with one swing can be fun for gameplay but it doesn’t work for this game in my opinion.

Theres a few fully armored guys in the below video getting hacked up like cheese.

getting shot is a bad example to use if we are going for medieval authenticity as often the bullet its self blocks alot of the bleeding . much like when someone stabbed the major bleeding doesnt start until the knife is removed .

getting it right at all is going to be hard as its all dependent on the area of the strike and what it actually has cut . for example its perfectly possible that the strike will cut through nothing but tissue in which case the blood loss would be low .

maybe the developers need to get on live leak and watch a few errrmm not so nice videos

Id hate to be on that research team. Im curious what kind of research WH has done in this area.

The internet can be a traumatizing place.

Just keep it realistic. Zero blood would be weird too.

I’m confident the devs are gonna do a good job with this, as they have shown with the rest of the game.

The gore should have detailed lacerations and detail on the stab wounds and stuff like that.

yeah fair enough but i was getting at a nicked vein will bleed and a major artery will squirt. a small bullet can cause major blood loss but its true what you say about the glancing blows to the tissue. with armor on depending on the armor most strikes will not do major damage the more precise strikes like at the neck, through the visor or under the arms where there may not be armor coverage is what will bring them enemy down bleeding. and mace blows will do more internal damage forcing your opponent to cough up blood. But its up to the devs for the final say in how the blood system will work. a game called overgrowth has a good system for bleeding in it which looks and works nicely.

As long as you’re not able to hack off legs and arms like they are made of jelly, and blood spurts out by the gallon, I don’t have a problem with blood and gore.

While we are on the subject, are you guys planning to add some sort of system that disables body parts if they have been injured enough? As an example, an RTS type game that I play has a system such as this where each individual body part has a seperate amount of hitpoints. Once the amount of HP of that specific body part drops low enough, it becomes crippled and you are unable to use it again until you get it properly treated.

That’s probably going to take a ton of work to pull off in this game though, and i’d rather you guys focus on other stuff like the map and quests, but i’m still curious if you were planning on adding a system like that into the game.

Yeah the system they had in Fall out 3 was really good with crippled limbs. If your arm was damaged your gun would sway if you leg was crippled you would limp. If your head was crippled you had constantly annoying flashes and your screen would go bright. Kingdom come should use a system like this because it would be easy to implement and it would work well for a medieval game.

Unless said arrow punctures the throat/arteries. Then there would be some spray.

Yes but not until the arrow or bolt has been removed. The same thing happens when anything cuts, severs, or punctures an artery, no spurting occurs until the foreign object is removed unblocking the artery; but there will be blood and potentially some small amounts of initial spray upon entering.

Unless of course you’re moving around a lot. When a deer or something is shot with an arrow what usually kills them is the running. 1 when your moving your heart beats faster moving blood faster. 2 the broad head would be bouncing up in down in side you causing some serious damage to your internal organs.

Edit:
The broad head is quite a big larger than the the arrow shaft so the hole the arrow created in your body would be quite a bit bigger than the shaft so it is possible to bleed out with the arrow in side you.

@warhorse @TobiTobsen @MadSmejki could any of you confirm blood pooling under bodies because that would be a real immersion killer if theres not.

Also ive shot several rabbits with bows before i can tell you first hand there was a fuck ton of blood when the arrow was still inside them. I didn’t even have tips on the arrows so i’d imagine with a broadhead there would be a lot more blood. So if you shoot a human with an arrow there should still be a quite a bit of blood coming out of them with the arrow still inside.

Even with a broad arrow head you wouldn’t have copious amounts of arterial spray.

I never debated that there wouldn’t be severe bleeding only that arrows and bolts don’t cause jets of blood upon entry or while in the body.

Plus active movement would be unblocking the artery thus validating my statement, I could restate that the object does not need to be dislodged but rather no longer obstructing blood flow from the severed artery.

Hmm i think an arrow might cause some blood to spray on impact not a lot but some. But yeah i dont think it should just spray jets of blood. The bleeding should be gradual not necessarily slow but gradual. So when you shoot someone you should walk over and watch as their shirt turns red and blood startes to pool under them that would make it cool.

So warhorse please make the blood look realistic and have blood puddles. Bloody foot prints should also be in the game which could give guards a trail to follow if you murdered someone.

Lol. did you read my post before replying?

Now that we are on the same page, yes I thing it would look silly to see spurts of blood upon entry but there should defiantly be some bleeding out effects; however I couldn’t image how hard it would be to do this especially with the clothing layering system.

I second this!

1 Like

depends on the location of the puncture though . in your torso i would imagine the bleeding would be quite bad as it is when someone i shot in the torso however anywhere else the bleeding wouldnt be that heavy until the arrow is removed .

the arrow typically will cause a ton of extra damage when you pull it out as well causing more blood

I said some, not copious amounts. All arteries give off a light mist of blood when punctured, but if the object (said: arrow) doesn’t come out, a little bit of blood would pool up at an open space and run a little bit down the outside of the throat. That’d be about it. However, I’m not saying blood starts flying out of every crevice when it hits a person. This is real life, not a manga.

I have first hand experience on how much blood comes out of an arrow wound and i can assure you its a lot. I shot the rabbit in the lower back near its butt (it was a horrible shot) My arrow didn’t even have a tip on it and the rabbit ran into my next door neighbors back porch and bled all over it. It was a pool/ stain of blood about a foot across. Another time i shot one in the throat area and it took about 3-4 seconds for almost all of its blood to empty out onto the grass. But the second time hit its jugular vein i think. I was shocked at how fast they bled.

The blood did not really spray how ever it more just gradually flowed out. Like a slow moving stream.