Blood and Gore.? Post here if you want it!

Yes, blood and gore please. (Do I have to scroll all the way down every time when replying to a topic? is the another way? it’s getting stupid when its 100+ posts and have to wait every 25 or so posts to load)

1 Like

@JPV You can click reply under the original post, or click the little green box in the lower right of the screen to scroll to the bottom automagically.

Oh, yes thanks. Didn’t know about little green box in the lower right of the screen that scrolls to the bottom automatically.

Keep in mind not the final product I think there should be obvs a little bit more blood and gore then what they shown but something to keep the world ratings in check that way country’s don’t ban it, I thing the idea for this game is to sell as much as they can so they can start there own gaming company :smiley: then maybe later on down the track make games that have blood gore ect ect.

I remember seeing Braveheart for the first time. I was kind of struck of how bloody it was. It really added realism.

I dont know if its possible but wounds on living chars in combat would be nice feature. There is plenty of real life accounts of people fighting on with just massive wounds. When your fighting for your life adreanaline sets in.

One thing to keep in mind with the blood is our hero’s own clothes. We’ve seen in the videos how the clothing can get soiled and will require washing to prevent negative NPC interactions.

Now in reality I don’t know how much blood one would get on his clothes. I imagine it wouldn’t spray like in the movies but you wouldn’t walk away clean either. Something in the middle

1 Like

i would like to see blood and gore. but the realistic way. not like mortal combat XD but I suggest a option for those who don´t want to see blood. just like in assassins creed. there you can choose between blood and no blood.

i want it as realistic as possible. and that of course include the possibility of dismemberment, decapitation, broken limbs hanging just on the skin and crushed skulls.
but if it’s overdone it looses the shock-effect.
but i don’t think we will get that.

Medieval fights were brutal. They say they want the game to be realistic so that means gore. If nothing else that means blood and broken limbs.

If they really want to make a realistic combat system they should make the character models and animations as realistic as possible which means that they should add a system of realistics wounds, injuries and death causes like bleeding open wounds, various trauma, broken limbs. Each of them should be displayed in a realistic fashion (which means realistic deformation of parts of the body and/or armour and bleeding for example) and should lead to respective realistic consequences like unusuable limbs, death or just the inability to fight any longer…

I’d like everything that is realistic as possible.

Maybe there is a way to keep everyone satisfied - make a system with dismemberment and wounds at the right place & bleeding from the wounds. Next make a switch with the following options:
*Off
*Low - maybe blood pools after death below the body
*Realistic - dismemberment+wounds+bleeding in a realistic manner
*“300” - just more blood than the realistic option with dismemberment possible no matter what armor.

I totally agree with you. If that were possible that would be very realistic. I definitely want to see this in the game.

They wear some form of armour be it cloth like a gumberson etc, your not a 7ft tall ogre

I´d love to see my opponent react realisticly to my blows:
Stagger, get thrown to the ground, bleed, moan and scream.
But it doesn´t need to become “Brutal Doom - Medieval Edition”.
I just want to to be able so see in what kind of state he is without
an artificial Lifebar hovering over him.

1 Like

I personally think it would not be realistic or immersive if there was no blood and gore. I mean we are talking about people chopping, stabbing and slashing at each other with huge swords. It should done properly without breaking immersion (i.e blood gushing out or splattering like your chopping a melon.

I think some of this issues if they are not decided yet could be solved by a simple poll like Starcitizen.

They could replace it with darkness… like you were in shock and blacking out.

1 Like

That is a brilliant idea!

On this instance Crash… I agree with you wholeheartedly

I really do love the feel of the combat in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. The combat feels so real. That is what I want in this game I would love to sweet great realism in combat. Obviously the amount of limb dismemberment is over the top, but whenever you land a swing you can physically see the wound which is like a streak of blood. I don’t want to see over the top I just want to see realism. For example, a slash to a tabard or any sort of clothing may leave a tear or something like that, and blood will surely seep out. I don’t know what it is about Chivalry, but the combination of sounds wounds and motions makes combat in the game feel very real. I would like to see something along the lines of that in terms of blood and gore.