Blood and Gore.? Post here if you want it!

I wouldn’t mind chopping off my foes hand

I really hope that its doable…

I would like to role-play as a doctor You could try to cure people who have been lying with winches and contracted STDs you Could help Wounded soldiers There could be references to the Black Plague And Clothing that doctors would’ve wore in The 14th and 15th Century You could earn money by helping the sick/injured and The way you treated your patience influences the way you are respected as a doctor.You can accidentally kill your patience and the peasants can seek out your help and you can also help animals and you could help deliver a baby and amputate limbs from wounded soldiers and you can craft Medical equipment Or by the equipment your self and Make medicine from plants In your environment. This last Part is off topic. A Medieval Song about the Bubonic Plague:

“A sickly season,” the merchant said,
“The town I left was filled with dead,
and everywhere these queer red flies
crawled upon the corpses’ eyes,
eating them away.”

“Fair make you sick,” the merchant said,
“They crawled upon the wine and bread.
Pale priests with oil and books,
bulging eyes and crazy looks,
dropping like the flies.”

“I had to laugh,” the merchant said,
"The doctors purged, and dosed, and bled;
"And proved through solemn disputation
"The cause lay in some constellation.
“Then they began to die.”

“First they sneezed,” the merchant said,
“And then they turned the brightest red,
Begged for water, then fell back.
With bulging eyes and face turned black,
they waited for the flies.”

“I came away,” the merchant said,
"You can’t do business with the dead.
"So I’ve come here to ply my trade.
“You’ll find this to be a fine brocade…”

And then he sneezed.

facepalm

you are not a doctor.

Henry isn’t a carpenter either… But some people want to build a house from wood from the forest… or a castle… or do the cooking… It’s so sad :frowning:

1 Like

Besides, you can always buy games abroad (e.g. the UK) and have them shipped to you. That way you get the uncut version. If you want to buy the game via Steam, that should be more of a problem, but even in that case there are methods to do it. Simply ask a friend from another country to buy it and gift it to you (works fine with friends in austria, for example). There is even a steam group for that.

tl;dr: don’t worry about too much gore

yay! another zombie themed game in yet another setting. we didn’t have that for a while…
how about no?

But cooking is in the game already because you have to eat.

I haven’t actually played it but I was watching some RYSE: Son of Rome to see the gameplay. It was ridiculous how much dismemberment there was. Also there was tons of blood splatter but no blood running from bodies! Warhorse, don’t make the same mistakes that CRYTEK did.

1 Like

Your opinion, but I think blook and gore (and decap and dismemberance and krushed skulls) should be an option that the player manage with a menue. It could also be a five box DLC to avoid kids having it if their parents don’t want to (such as it is the case with Rome2 total war)

And if you can change the options and put or remove the blood?? it’s more easy jajajaja

I think a bit of blood would be good. maybe a bit of bone breaking in vulnerable places. but if blood squirts out through thick armour at all angles. it would be unrealistic.

I wan’t it to feel realistic, but I realize realism is different for different people. I have very little rl experience of blood, gore and violence, but from what I gather, a cut, even a brutal one does less often results in spurts of blood and gore. Dismembering is very very rare. When something isn’t directly chopped off, blood rarely spurts but gradually soak your garb. From the live stream, I think combat looks too bloody, which to me is quite disheartening. Not because I’m disturbed by it, but every other time someone got hit, I expected the fight to be over. After they had hacked away and seemingly injured each other grievously (by the look of it) 20 times, any immersion went out the window for me. Kudos for the toned down sound effects though! Quiet and creepy feeling.

One thing I think would make the detail of combat stand out in this game is if they had deformation of the armor and things when using blunt weapons.

Things like Maces, etc that would crush armor and dent/break things under it.

Also another thing, I keep seeing people talk about how it’s “unrealistic” to have gore because of armor, except not everyone wears plate armor, you stil have people in Chain and others even in cloth armor, what do you think would happen when that guy wearing cloth had an axe cleaved into him at full force?

The gore should be realistic, it should depend on 4 key elements.

1. What type of clothing/armor the person is wearing.
  2. What type of weapon is being used against them (A mace and sword do two very different types of damage).
  3. What type of an attack is used (IE a sword thrust wouldn’t cause the same wound as a slash).
    4… The area hit (A sword cut to your wrist, neck , etc could lead to a cut artery, which would be quite different then a simple slash that doesn’t hit it).

Then after these three factors you determine the type of wound/damage affect.

Someone linked to a video earlier from the Indie game “Overgrowth” and if they could get that kind of detail as far as that goes, with blood sticking to armor/weapons/clothing when cut and dripping it would be insane.

4 Likes

Blood and gore? Absolutely. It should definitely be done realistically, but it should be done. To the utmost extent of realism, if you ask me. If I cut someone with a weapon, I want to see a corresponding wound. Anything else would diminish the immersion.

4 Likes

Ill just bump this to revive the conversation

I think their should be blood not to much. But if u cut an arm off and their arm is exposed you should see some blood on your blade and their clothes

1 Like

More Blood, More Gore… please!

1 Like

I dont think there should be gore, I mean yes blood does end up getting out at some point but in medieval times you would’nt cut someones arm off

dont go thinking about super sharp swords, at the time most weapons including swords were blunt weapons, you would mostly crush your opponents arm before cutting it off

Please no. The amount of blood shown is already bordering too much already. I don’t want to see a great looking game ruined by early teens who seem to get off on seeing exaggerated blood and gore.