Brandnew computer for Kingdom Come - but game won't even start :D

So, hah, problem solved! As I assumed in the first place, the problem was never with the graphics card but - as the error actually said - with the dll ! After I manually deleted that WHGame.dll from the folder and THEN repaired the game via steam repair, it worked! yay!

1 Like

congratulationsm, man!

1 Like

Yes i knowā€¦ but there was one question about it
AND in these times, many people asking in the www about them :blush:

Okay, really? I donā€™t want to sound like a douche or anything (ship has sailed) but:

Me: " another option is to delete the file, then verify again to reacquire, as it might be corrupted"

And it god damn worked!

You didnā€™t even try it when I suggested it!?!?! WHY!?!? įƒš(ą² ē›Šą² įƒš)

Merry Christmas everyone! :smile:

I just have tried to start the game and recieved the same error. As far as assumed, it seems not to be an graphics card related error. :confused:
Anyways, (1) I did the system check by steam, (2) deleted the file, do the system check and tried again. :frowning:
I own an NVIDA GeForce GTX 960.
I hope this is helping to closing in that error.:smile:
(I am so excited and eager to play KCD >.<)

Many thanks for reading. :smiley:
greetings Delon

Iā€™ve done the same thing, sadly enough it does not work for me either. :frowning:
I own a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 so there might be a problem with the NVIDIA GPU or something?
If someone could help me that would be much appreciated. I am really hyped for playing this game! :smiley:
Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:
Kanal16

No, we have a problem with the AMD Crimson driver right now, but not with Nvidia.
Can you tell us more details about your system and what the problem is exactly?

1 Like

Thank you for your rapid answer,
The problem is that when i try to start the game, a window appears saying ā€œFailed to load the Game DLL! WHGame.dllā€.
Iā€™ve tried verifying the integrity of the game cache ( i guess that is what is referred to as steam repair right?). After that failed i tried removing the .dll file and then steam repair again. that failed too however. So i am sort of out of ideas.

these are my computer specs:
Processor IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Speed 3.5 GHz
Number of Cores 4
CPU ID BFEBFBFF000306C3
Family 06
Model 3C
Stepping 3
Revision 1C
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Manufacturer NVIDIA
Chipset GeForce GTX 970
Dedicated Memory 3.9 GB
Total Memory 3.5 GB
Pixel Shader Version 5.0
Vertex Shader Version 5.0
Hardware T & L Yes
Vendor ID 10DE
Device ID 13C2
Plug and Play ID VEN_10DE&DEV_13C2&SUBSYS_36701458&REV_A1
Driver Version 9.18.13.4448
Memory 8.2 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
Service Pack 0
Size 64 Bit
Edition Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600
Locale 041D
BIOS BIOS Date: 09/19/14 14:08:45 Ver: V11.4B0
Version American Megatrends Inc. V11.4
Manufacturer American Megatrends Inc.
Date 09/19/14

I got the same problem. i tried deleting the WHGame.dll and then verifying it through steam but it didnt help anyone got a suggestion?

The problem with this error is that even though it specifies a dll file, it might be some other system dll file which is at fault. And without being in physical possession of the machine where the error occurs itā€™s rather difficult to track down as the error doesnā€™t occur on the machines with similar specs we have. As a last resort, reinstalling directx might help :slightly_smiling: .

To verify the DLL that causes the Problem I suggest the tool ā€œdependency walkerā€ā€¦

I tried using dependency walker and i got this message when i tried it:
Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module.
Error: Modules with different CPU types were found.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

I dont know if i did it right cause i never used this program before.

absolutely normalā€¦that is no Problemā€¦
Donā€™t Forget under ā€œProfileā€ ā€œstart profilingā€ and wait until the error Message appearsā€¦

Can you post the log please?

1 Like

The file is to big to send here. is there anywhere else i can upload it?

Also i cant start a profile its just stays gray.

@Erikplays1 Iā€™ve send you a PMā€¦

1 Like

Hello, did anyone find a definitive solution for this error? I am also getting it :confused:

Can you tell us more about your system?

There you go:

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz
Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM
16,0GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (10-10-10-27)

Motherboard
MSI Z97-GD65 GAMING (MS-7845) (SOCKET 0)

Graphics
SA300/SA350 (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (EVGA)

Storage
111GB KINGSTON SH103S3120G ATA Device (SSD)
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 ATA Device (SATA)

Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS90 ATA Device

Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Let me know if you have any ideasā€¦ really excited to play this game. If I manage to :S

Hey guys, any news? Is this being checked at least?

I would like to ask for someone that has the game working if they could share with me their own WHGame.dll. I know it sounds kind of stupid, but it just does not work with the one downloaded from Steam. Maybe they changed something and that new dll is broken?

If anyone else could also try to rename the current DLL to something like WHGame.dll.bkp and then just download the one from steam using steam repair and check if the one downloaded from steam worksā€¦ would be helpful too.

Afterwards, if needed, you can delete the one downloaded from steam and put the old name back to the file you renamed and it should work fine again.