Brandnew computer for Kingdom Come - but game won't even start :D

As the title says, for birthday and christmas together I spoiled myself with a brandnew gaming PC, which arrived yesterday night, for games such as Kingdom Come. Only problem: The only game not even starting is Kingdom Come! :smiley:

The reason is that as soon as I download it via steam and try to run it, I am getting an error popup saying, the game faild to load the WHgame.dll. I tried google with no matches, so I have no clue what is wrong and what to do.

Here is an image link to the error: http://i.imgur.com/AkRk4gC.jpg

Please let me know what specs you need to know and how to find it, so someone can help me with that! I finally want to be able to play this game, darn! :frowning:

Verify the integrity of the game cache. (right click on game, properties, local files, verify integrity)

Thatā€™s the very first thing I always do if a steam game has any issue, and I did that a few times with no luck.

Not sure if itā€™s related, but I have read few threads reporting the newest AMD drivers donā€™t work with KC:D for some reason, so if you have AMD GPU, you might have to use some older ones.

Thatā€™s true

If you use an Nvidia card, another option is to delete the file, then verify again to reacquire, as it might be corrupted (I donā€™t know how that would happen, but still) Of course, your antivirus might be messing with you, definitely check.

Is there a solution @Hound @Woody? I could not find anything in the forum.

I didnā€™t have any anti virus installed yet when I first installed KCD and yet I received that error. And no I have the AMD Radeon R9 380 card, no Nvidia.

@User47: Yep I have the AMD FX 6300 Six-Core Processor. Could you possibly point me to where I can find older drivers for it, resp. what older driver to use?

He is refering to Grapic card drivers.
Raden crimson driver makes the game crash. If you have this driver, you should uninstall it and install older version (for example amd-catalyst-15.11.1beta driver).

It helped lot of other people, though I am not sure that their problem was the same as yours.

I was consulting this with Woody. Definitely try to instal the older drivers suggested by Proky. If by any chance this doesnā€™t help, Iā€™ll advise you what to do next so we can possibly figure it out :smile:.

1 Like

Woking on it right now, deinstalled the entire AMD driver set and now I am currently installing that 15.11 beta driver that Proky was suggesting. At the sametime I am currently running another steam cache integrity check. Iā€™ll post back here once I restarted the PC with the new driver and tried it again.

1 Like

Aaand here is the update: No change at all. I installed that said old driver Proky suggested and, as said, did another cache verification but I am still getting this dll error the moment I attempt to launch the game. :frowning:

I donā€™t know much about these things but since the error says failed to load WHGame.dll maybe the problem isnā€™t the graphic card but something about that DLL missingā€¦

I think this .DLL error is different to the driver error. Can you attach at least a DxDiag to our forum? because I think this error is pretty new to us.

We will need you to enter the following into the command prompt:

dir ā€œc:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kingdom Come Deliverance\Bin64ā€ >kcdbin64.txt

Save the file into documents and upload it here and we will have a look.

@Hound: I did not really understand what ā€œcommand promptā€? Could you specify it a little further for non English native speakers and non IT guys :wink:

this is command prompt:

To open it just click ā€œstartā€ button and type ā€œcmdā€

and then insert the command @Hound wrote.

But this command assumes that you have the game installed in C: disc.
So if you installed is somewhere else be sure to change the adress to where the game is installed.

Okay gotcha! Did that andā€¦ as you can see, nothing happened lol!

1 Like

Possibly, you should have now a kcdbin64.txt file in the directory you blurred out :wink: and thatā€™s what we would like to take a look at :-).

search for kcdbin64.txt

If you open it, it should look like:

ThatĀ“s it :grinning:

1 Like

Ahhh it generated that file to that folderā€¦ how was I supposed to understand :smiley: Yup itā€™s there, and attached here!

kcdbin64.txt (3.2 KB)

Oh hellā€¦ why nobody can link the archive of old drivers from AMD/ATI?

Here, please, for all AMD/ATI user:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/embedded/previous?os=Windows