Bug Miller Pickpocketing

I agree. Shouldn’t have bought it for another six months, myself.

Interesting I encountered this bug yesterday. I hadn’t paid him back yet so his debt collectors showed up, i asked them to defer the payment since I wanted to pay Peshek personally. So I went to him paid my debt and found out i could learn the pickpocket skill. Now i must’ve triend 17 times without succes. I had selected the dagger but couldn’t take it somehow. Probably did something wrong. but the moment he was tired of waiting i was already initiating the pickpocket so he and theresa started running towards the nearest guard!?!? Accusing me of thieving.

The irony.
I didn’t want to go to jail because of all the stats and some ill gotten items.
So i paid the guard 60 groshen.

I immediately went to Peshek and asked him to try pickpocketing again.
I walked back to the mill and waited for him there when he arrived he didn’t go towards mill.
instead he went about his daily chores and when i talked to him the “try to steal my dagger” was the only thing he said.

I waited for hours and i fast traveled and still no result I can’t deliver my quests and I can’t learn the skills.
Sadly this is my first bug and it’s quite an annoying one.

3 Likes

Yep, same here. [PC] Done the tutorial around the back of the mill. Can’t do anything with Peshek now except talk to him. when I do, he does his pickpocket tutorial speech but I can’t pickpocket him.

3 Likes

Good day! I also had this unpleasant bug.
So far, there were no ways to solve it (except for the use of the save-load)? Maybe the quest can be canceled using the console?
I really hope that they will fix this moment!

2 Likes

The same EXACT THING HAPPENED TO ME AND IM PISSED I CANT LEVEL UP MY PICKPOCKETING ANYMORE nor can i level up lockpicking and i cant do the thief quests and i cant buy from him seriously this is a game breaker this should and must be fixed in the next update

Im on ps4 BTW if anyone is wondering

1 Like

Yes, when I tried to learn pickpocketing with him I failed many times. He then accused me of thieving and called a guard! I NOW CANT SPEAK TO HIM UNLESS I OAY HIM GOLD. Please try and fix this

1 Like

You can’t speak to him unless you pay him gold?
Have you trief paying him and see if that solves it.

This is a different issue than the rest of us is having.

1 Like

Thing is we can’t ask to pick pocket again. This is a different scenario I would assume. For us its just quest speech and no options.

The quest does not fail at all for us. It is stuck in there. I would assume that failing it (or an option to fail it on purpose at least) would solve everything without damage

I open New post whit same problem.Hope in a fix…

No patch for this problem?admin answer?

1 Like

I have the exact problem as you have - PC…
He is still saying that bullsh*t about stealing the digger, but he is still walking around and there is no option to steal now… I have already played 25 hours and when i tried to go back, still the same issue…

2 Likes

Same issue here and when it originally happened he ran off and told them I was a thief.

The developers really f’d up with all these bugs, it’s complete bs. the simple fact they don’t even allow you to abandon a quest is extremely stupid, maybe if they were actually smart they would realize that that would be a good temporary solution to fixing these quest bugs but go figure they don’t care lmao.

EDIT: The patrol quest you have to do for bailiff in rattay with nightingle or w/e his name is is also a glitched quest, once you go to play the dice game at the tavern and you lose or win against him he just sits there and doesn’t move or say anything no matter what you do. really sucks not being able to play this game because of these stupid quest bugs, thanks a lot warhorse studios, you really did a wonderful job with all these bugs and glitches, really good job!

1 Like

Yeah!! That happened to me aswell in my first time so i had to load it back and the quest ginger in a pickle were he dosent go back to neuholf even after u tell him and so u wont get the trophy im pissed

I needed 6-7 attempts, suddenly the miller shouted “thieves” and ran away. I went to sleep and the next morning the miller was back. I can talk to him and try again to steal the dagger. Then he goes about his work. I can not steal from him anymore.

Sorry, i use the PS4 Game. I did’nt tell…

Actually you can only train until certain point with that chest

My first character I was able to level my lock picking from 1 to 6 and even further. After that 1.03 update for PS4 I was able to only level my lockpicking from 1 to 4 and the chest doesn’t lock back. It’s a glitch.

I tried to do the Quest but it only gives me 2 seconds to do the pickpocketing…so its impossible to do it!
Its bugged!

It depends on how long you press the action key when starting pickpocketing. Also just close the pickpocket minigame if the dagger is too far. Try until it is really close-

1 Like