Bug Miller Pickpocketing

If i press it too long i get caught.
I press it long enough to enter the pocket and then it only gives me 2 seconds…hardly enough time even if the dagger is next to the door!

Remove items/cloths that have high noise value. At least I have managed to get 8 seconds to manage the pickpocket. during this training. Also 2 seconds should be manageable if the dagger is in the next slot. Just remember that you need to bring it back to the door slot

1 Like

I have nothing new to add about the bug itself (aside from the fact that I’m glad I’m not the only one having this problem). But I was also interested to find that others besides me had problems with not being able to successfully pickpocket. I haven’t found anyone to try my level 0 pickpocketing on yet, but I believe that what I was doing wrong was that you can’t just press E on the dagger. You also have to move the cursor back to the top to exit the pickpocketing interface. Please feel free to confirm or deny what I’ve said.

1 Like

Well all the feedback here aside I tested the new patch today and NOTHING changed. I feel like nobody cares from the developer side. Not even an answer or feedback. Sad seeing such a good game sucking just because they couldn’t get rid of such obvious bugs in time.

AArrrggh… I successfully pickpocked this guy, he and Theresa ran to the guards, I ran the other way… went to the other miller with the ring, other than the dialog for finishing the ring quest, he won’t talk to me… or teach me Stealth… I went back to Pesheks, slept, thinking that might fix whatever was going on, went to the castle town and was promptly JAILE FOR 18 HOURS for theft. They took the dagger, so if I’m supposed to give that back to Peshek, I’m screwed… that is IF he ever talks to me, again. Please fix this… and lower the wait time on jail time…

1 Like

For the sake of people who want to avoid this… This happens when you don’t pickpocket correctly a number of times.

In order to pickpocket correctly you have to select the dagger by clicking on it, then go BACK to the starting icon (looks like a door) and click that also.

In story terms you’re failing to take your hand out of the bag, and getting caught. Do this enough times and the miller gives up on you. The game then treats him like any other character and if you pickpocket him it can end badly.

To be fair the game isn’t very diligent about making sure the player knows this type of thing.

1 Like

After the recent update on PS4 ALL(!!) my current bugged quests are resolved including the miller bug mentioned here. I can talk to him normally again now :smiley: also the guy in Rattay who wants you to pickpocket people (the one with the guild thing sorry don’t know the english word for it) is responsive now (although you can’t sell quest items so his answer is useless but the quest finished :slight_smile: )

-> topic closed for PS4 on newest version