I found myself in a situation when I’am not able to finish “The Prey” quest (rescue sir Hans Capon from cumans) in stealthy way if Henry owns a horse at the begging of the quest.
Steps to reproduce:
- Buy any horse before starting “The Prey”
- Start “The Prey” quest
- Go to the camp with Hans Capon
- Go and shoot some hares
- Go back to the camp
- Follow Hans Capon to the boar hunting spot
- Watch a cutscene of both Hans and Henry riding into a cuman camp while chasing down the boar
- After this moment the bugged behavior start.
- Henry is able to run away from the cumans in order to wait a while behind a bush, return and stealthy knock them out. But cumans do not “loose” Henry and keep chasing him, no matter how far he did run away
- Hans Capon is unconscious and Henry is not able to rescue him just by drugging his body away either
Why this is a bug:
The only possibility to rescue sir Hans Capon, as I see so far, is to kill those cumans, and then talk to him. But this totally breaks an attempt to finish the game without any in-combat kills in order to get the “Merciful” achievement.
On the other hand “The Prey” quest can be flawlessly finished with out killing cumans ONLY if player does not own any horse at the begining of the quest and have to find Hans Capon on foot first.
- Option A: Change the behavior of those two cumans in the camp - make them “loose” Henry and return to the camp.
- Option B: If Henry already owns a horse give the player choice (maybe a time-based choice) to follow Hans Capon and the boar in the saddle or on foot.
https://yadi.sk/d/rkYfYF77M0ZsAw - saved before going to the boar hunting spot