The Prey - Not able to pacify this quest with horse

I would like to append on this already existing bug from another user here on this forum

The result here was that is was a design choice. I understand that.
But what am i supposed to do when i dont want to kill the cumans?
I used puppetmaster poison on my blade, landed a few hits and the cumans ran out of stamina, from here on: easy going. Thats what i thought atleast when i picked up Hans and just walked away. Of course they knew where i am even i break line of sight and they are out of my render distance atleast (near max). I tried walking to Talmberg to lure the culmans to fight with the guards there. but no. Apparently i left Hans to die even tho he is on my back.

Is this a bug or a design choice?

Edit: I didnt explain why puppetmaster: it drains apparently makes them loose stamina so all they can do is walk and since their walking speed is far inferior to mine i could just walk away.
I also tried using Riposte only but one unlucky Riposte from me and they’re dead

I managed to solve this problem now.
But i feel its more complicated than it has to be.
SPOILER

I used the poison and bashed their head in with my bare fists after they were knocked out i stripped them bare. I had to wait a full day tho because Hans wouldnt wake up for some reason. The cumans came back and got another beating. But i feel that walking to Talmberg or any near village or anybody thats friendly (Wanderer e.g.) should result in completing the quest since… its Hans Capon seriously hurt and anyone would help in that moment

Dont follow Hans to the camp. Hans will ride into the cumans allone and will get caputred. Now you can sneak up the cumans

And how do i do that? Its a cutscene

Well, on PC i never got the chance to tell Hans that i have are horse on my own. Unseen wherther it was stolen or bought