Build our own house?

I’m not sure if this question had been mentioned before.

But, it will be amazing if we can buy, build or receive our own estate or house in the game!

Skyrim actually did a fantastic job on providing house and titles to show player’s social status. It will give us more immersed gaming experience.

3 Likes

Thats a queston that @Cerberus loves!

3 Likes

This had being already answered by the devs. Call @Cerberus , it’s an emergency!

2 Likes

Wait, what? who is this @Cerberus ? Is there any connection between this question and him? :smiley: hahah

You’re apparently a kickstarter backer according to your badge so you should already know the answer to your question…

A quick forum search would have delivered the same result…

But it didn’t say we can’t receive it from other characters. There could be inns, bars, or the land lord could simply give you a house as a gift. The possibilities of these options are not prevented. Also, since we will have more stretch goals when the shop open, there are still chances to add new features.

Well, it’s pretty clear that that won’t be the case. The term “The player’s character is going to have a place to stay and live but you will not be able to buy and sell real estate” is kind of obvious.

1 Like

Usually in games with a player home my attraction to it depends on whether or not I can make it my own via decoration and such… as I do not believe we are sure how items/clutter will work in this game…or if we will even be able to move items/clutter…and that they said “no realestate” I’m going to assume for now that its just a place to sleep.

all it says is that you wont be able to BUY OR SELL doesn’t mention anything about being granted or given a title or land deeds from the king/local chief guy. id sure love to own my own village/castle gives you more to lose in battles.
The game would kinda suck if you start as a blacksmith and end as a blacksmith you need something called character development…
I thought that would be kind of Obvious!

1 Like

Yes, it is obvious. But we have an official shop that will be opened soon, right? If there is no new stretch goals, they don’t need to open that shop; And new stretch goals usually equal to new game features. If the housing feature is really popular in this forum, they might add it as a stretch goal.

I have a lot of hope on this feature. A sandbox game has to provide an immersion experience, and an in-game housing system is “necessary” (if they have better ideas, then never mind)

Just a few threads. I probably forgot some.

2 Likes

Maybe. But a “housing feature” is actually the opposite of that what Warhorse wants to achieve with the game: a story-driven historically realistic RPG. It’s not Second Medieval Life 2.0… :wink:

Well, I thought the Warhorse’s primary goal is creating a realistic (also historical) RPG. I really don’t think that having our own home violates that goal.

Honestly, I’m not a big fun of creating or building our own home. Minecraft is crazy for me, I don’t have that much innovation abilities. However, I do see housing or home feature as an important character of a game. A place where we can store and present our weapons and other stuffs. A place where we can sleep, cook, fix weapons, and amuse.

And about story-driven feature. This is a sandbox game. The story is important, but the immersion is more important obviously.

2 Likes

Honestly, I think you’re wrong here. The game is much more about story than about sandbox gameplay. It’s like Witcher 1 with a first person perspective in a realistic open world environment, that’s all :wink:

The devs already said that we will have a place to live and sleep. So we will have a home. But only one and probably we already live in it from the very beginning.

That’s sad. But I won’t force my opinion to against the dev team.

However, the housing feature contains huge potentials, and they are giving it up. Anyway, I hope we can have some stretch goals that adding some awesome new features. Making this game better is the essential goals of everyone. Perhaps they can add some new features in Act II and Act III. hahah :smile:

Also, like I said, the stretch goals could make many things possible. I’m not saying money can buy anything, but you get my ideas. If some features are popular in the forum, they probably will consider it.

Since the game is just supposed to be about the journey of a normal guy…I think you may actually be ending as a normal guy. Just one piece to a much larger puzzle.

Maybe given a knighthood though… but not made a Lord or a King or anything of the like.

1 Like

I think, if the devs will implement everything the majority of the forum users likes, it would be one of the most boring games. Just the average of everything. Besides they can’t please everyone anyway. I want to play that game they promoted on Kickstarter and I hope they won’t change too much. They should concentrate on important features.
Btw: I could still deal with that particulary feature (not like other strange suggestions in this forum), but i don’t think that it will fit in this type of game.

I wouldn’t mind still being a normal guy, personally.

Yes, I used to have the same opinion as you have. However, after they decided to open the official shop, everything changed. The pledge shop gives an obvious signal that every backer can join this game’s development. So, if the Warhorse want more money, they have to surrender themselves to the public opinions.

I’m not judging their behaviors on opening the shop, but you get my ideas, right? If they keep the shop running, new features or stretch goals that based on public opinions are necessary. So, they are actually willing to accept our opinions and suggestions.

this is not skyrim i love skyrim but not the online one and hoping this game is really good