Camera Stutter

I am glad to hear that since i can’t even look straight without getting crazy all of a sudden. It was bearable but now it’s too annyoing to play.
My motion blur if off(I don’t like motion blur even when my pc can handle it)

Mine starting working then went straight to unplayable. Even fighting relatively easy guys with this is ridiculous.

I don’t know if the following helps. It does seem to have to do with the games perception of the players location being off. Why do I think this?

Well the rubber banding of the camera itself indicates it.
Often when I stop moving my character runs on the stop for no reason.
When I mount a horse. I seem to go awfully high to mount the horse and then settle into an appropriate spot.
I get a weak double jump that seems to send me higher than it should.

1 Like

Your observation may be correct. I’m experiencing the same odd behaviors you just described. I though something similar is happening, this is why i pointed out my pc’s hardware since it may be happening because of poor performance.

It’s not caused by poor pc performance as it’s happening with higher end builds too

I’m running

Fx8350 4gz CPU
Gtx 1060
16gb ram

Which is well within the games limits and run fine on high and ultra settings and it did run great for the first 40hrs but the problem is getting worse the more I play now. The motion blur off did seem to help for about an hour but now it’s back to where it started and mostly worse. It’s got to the point where the game is currently unplayable sadly.

I really hope they get patch 1.4 out sooner than the expected one week after 1.32 as it’s effecting a lot of people now and they’ve said it won’t be addressed until 1.4 :frowning:

I don’t believe it to be performance related. I turned my settings down to low. My specs are:

I7 - 4820k
32GB DDR3 RAM (1600 MHZ)
Nvidia 1080 8 GB.

Just started happening in my current game. Was just out hunting, then started noticing a micro-stutter. Horse became sluggish as well. Stuttering got worse, even after lowering settings. Disabled v-sync and the combination of the tearing, shimmying, and stuttering was impressively bad. Hope you guys are right about the fix coming soon.

1 Like

Exact same thing is happening to me

I’m playing on an Xbox One X, and my game looks exactly like the YouTube video & the video at the very top of the post. When I ride a horse through a town it looks like I’m riding through a strobe light. Will patch 1.4 be for consoles as well, or just PC?

How’s your thumb doing?

1 Like

A little dirty

1 Like

Yeah still waiting for that patch

Is the next patch just for PC, or is it going across the board?

I honestly don’t even know at this point

If they implement changes that are wanted/needed - they are across the board.

There is a timetable difference (out of devs hands-dependant on the respective platform holders and their approval times for each patch)

So, yes, pc gets patch first arguably due to less quality control by steam…

1.3.4 due now, 1.4 next week. This is known /reblogged everywhere.

I’m having this issue on Xbox one. I’ve played over 100 hours and had no trouble. After the latest patch for Xbox the screen stutters and shakes. It gave me a headache just trying to play yesterday. I have tried reloading old saves but no luck.

2 Likes

Please, please fix this soonest!
Bad enough the game is a resource hog for my system so that towns are 10 to 25 fps and 25 to39 in the boonies. But add this shake that practicly blurs the screen for 4 to 6 seconds every time a move is made left or right and movement slowed way down.
Love the game but this is very trying.
If 1.4 will work on playing nice with multi core pc’s will this boost fps and lower black screen load time??

2 Likes

My game has finally become unplayable because of this bug. The “shakes” progressively increased in their intensity to the point where they’ve become intolerable, combat behavior is also affected, the character sometimes teleport when attacking or is not responsive at all…

@Ordinat is correct. It actually makes combat ridiculous. Your enemies teleport and so do you when using attacks. That on top of the skaes and you might as well no bother until 1.4 when they will presumably fix it. Although the amount of things they have since managed to break with their patches is amazing.

1 Like

for me it only stutters when i have too many goods let fallen on the ground :smiley:

This issue has nothing to do with your hardware. It’s an issue with the physics in the game. See reddit post from the big man himself.

This has been around since mid February. WTB hotfix. Game currently unplayable for some, unless you want to have a seizure.